Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

Hawaii Superferry

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-07, 11:18 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They shoulda started chumming the water, damm hippies. Half the ppl in the water just paddled out cuz it was something to do/fun/no waves neway... Damm hippies.
Old 09-02-07, 11:08 AM
euro.r
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's my opinion that neighbor islanders want their cake and to eat it too. Of course they all love the shopping malls, restaurants and things to do on Oahu but they don't want Oahu people coming to their island in fear of us bringing crime, traffic and our supposed "bad attitudes". I find it ironic that everytime I read/watch the news there's tons of DUI arrests, meth/pakalolo busts, shootings and beatings on the neighbor islands, particularly Maui and BI.
Old 09-02-07, 12:12 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by euro.r
It's my opinion that neighbor islanders want their cake and to eat it too. Of course they all love the shopping malls, restaurants and things to do on Oahu but they don't want Oahu people coming to their island in fear of us bringing crime, traffic and our supposed "bad attitudes". I find it ironic that everytime I read/watch the news there's tons of DUI arrests, meth/pakalolo busts, shootings and beatings on the neighbor islands, particularly Maui and BI.
LOL most of the drugs that come into the state come in from the neighbor islands, oahu docks are just too dangerous to bring in controlled substances.
Old 09-02-07, 12:50 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Have you guys seen all those protestors? IMHO, I think that was in poor taste. No Aloha for their fellow neighbor Islanders. You seen that lady hit the guys car as he drove off the Ferry? That lady would have my fist in her face if she ever thouched my car. A mans car is like a mans home. Don't screw around with it.
I felt the same way when I saw the news... I was getting pissed!

I'm from Maui, and personally, I think most of the residents here are for the Superferry, regardless of that ***hole, tree-hugging Isaac Hall leading this EIS crap in the courts. It's only a small percent that are against it, but they are the ones who make big noise and go the "legal" way. The protest here was very small & peaceful, unlike the barbarians on Kauai, who I think had nothing better to do than to harass fellow kama'aina. WTF? What's the difference if people bring their own cars or rent? A vehicle will be added to the roads regardless if it's personal or rented!?! And what will the EIS do? Miraculously widen roads & improve the harbors in a month? Yyyyyeah. These grass eaters had a lot of time to protest this thing before the launch date; it's obvious that they weren't doing their homework from the start.

No too mention, a lot of us that would use this Super Ferry have lived on, and/or have family that still live on the outer Islands. My mom grew up on Maui. We go every year for our Higa reuniun. I have a lot of family there.
Check your PM... we may be distantly related...?
Old 09-02-07, 01:17 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied
LOL this is hawaii, were all related in some way, some distant cousin married someone elses distant cousin... OR we know someone who is related to you... ect. ESPECIALLY on the neighbor islands.
Old 09-02-07, 04:29 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What do they call that? 6 degrees or something? Where eventually within 6 people you know, one of them will know or know someone that knows or knows someone that you know On the other Islands I probably wouldn't have much luck finding people, but on Maui I had cousins going to Maui High, Lahaina, and Baldwin, so eventually someone will probably remember or know someone
Old 09-02-07, 04:54 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

By the way, we are related My mom knows who you are. As mentioned in the PM, Higa is my moms uncle, she is a Nako, and married my dad who is a Kam. So I'm Okinawan half Chinese. Good to find out this is really such a small world after all. By the way, I think we are going to Maui next week for a day or two. Not sure why, just because I think.

Chris
Old 09-03-07, 02:32 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

By the way, we are related My mom knows who you are. As mentioned in the PM, Higa is my moms uncle, she is a Nako, and married my dad who is a Kam. So I'm Okinawan half Chinese. Good to find out this is really such a small world after all. By the way, I think we are going to Maui next week for a day or two. Not sure why, just because I think.

Chris
Iiiiit's a small world aaaafter alllll..
Old 10-01-07, 09:38 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Iiiiit's a small world aaaafter alllll..
hahahahaha i love that hug. but ya, they really should open it up, its like every one says we're all from hawaii. its like why cant we go to the other islands. man if Kamehameha was around he'd prob go slap them cause arent we united haha. OPEN SUPER FERRY so we can all go on a IS cruse lololol
Old 10-01-07, 11:45 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by weesped
so we can all go on a IS cruse lololol
yea? wanna plan one for oahu for now
Old 10-02-07, 12:56 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

haha sure, i've never been on a cruse before. like ever. i wonder how its like. but it cant be any times soon, my car is going to be in the shop for the next week or 2 because some guy rear ended me n im getting a bunch of key's fixed
Old 10-02-07, 12:43 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

any updates on this? did they re-open the ferry?
Old 10-02-07, 06:13 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by slowdiver
any updates on this? did they re-open the ferry?
No not yet. Still stuck in the courts.
Old 10-02-07, 06:56 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Hippies on kauai and now hippies on da big island... I wonder how much money a stryker brigade would infuse into the local economy? I assume quite a bit.
Old 11-25-07, 07:04 AM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

any updates on the court situation?

I'm coming out to Maui in Dec.

Quick Reply: Hawaii Superferry