Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

Alignment shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-07, 01:22 AM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alignment shop

Can anyone here recommend a shop where I can get my 06 GS430 aligned within specs? I've had it done at Lindsey's but they could not get it within the required specs in order for me to get my recon. I'm running with Work 19in wheels w/TEIN SS coilover setup. Thanks.
Old 05-25-07, 10:28 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Rex Tire in Mapunapuna. They're owned by Servco (so I assume they do quite a bit of Leuxs's) and I've used them before too with no problems. Not sure about your set up but it's worth a call. Ask for Myles.
Old 05-26-07, 08:40 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, you do have a problem here if you don't have any after market camber kit on your car. The OEM camber adjustment can only go so far. If your car is lowered too low, you are just flat out of luck since the camber can't be adjusted back to within minimum spec. The toe and caster alignments should be no problem though. You only have 3 choices when your car's camber can't be adjusted back to within OEM spec. Either you raise your car up a little to where you just make it within spec, you install an after market camber kit, or you have the alignment tech cheat for you and have the system record a bogus figure that is within spec to print out.

This is all assuming that the reason you are not within spec is because of your camber which would make sense since the other adjustments should have no problems getting in spec. Good luck finding someone to do that unless you know them. I heard of people doing it so I know it is possible, but again, goodl luck finding someone that will do it for you.
Old 05-26-07, 11:59 AM
geri&eric
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the first time I went to get my recon for my corolla, I didn't want to take the chance of not getting the sticker. So....

I dropped my ride a MAX of an inch on all 4 corners. To make sure when I got my alignment it was within spec. After I got the sticker I slammed my ride.

Some tips.... make sure you bring exact change! If I remember correctly its $15 but bring more and in dollar bills also..... be there early!.... while waiting in line bring out all your paper works, alignment specs, registration, insurance etc..... make sure your suspension has a rebound of 2 inches, in other words soften your SS

A shop that specializes in lowered cars and the place I go to is, Island Brakes in Waimalu.