Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

Visiting Hawaii - Nightlife?

Old 01-30-08, 09:21 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Visiting Hawaii - Nightlife?

Hey guys! Looking to pick the brains of fellow Hawaii Lexus owners

My wife and I are thinking about visiting Hawaii for our 2 year anniversary sometime in April/May for about 4-5 days. We both have never been there so we have no idea where to go or what to do. We've done some preliminary research and got some ideas but wanted to see what else is out there.

We prefer to stay at one (maybe 2) city/hotel and do our own exploring and touring. Don't like those tour buses or guides that that have those 3 day tours and usher you like cattle from place to place Probably do a couple of day tours (volcano, historical attractions, etc.) and then clubs and bars at night. What area has the best nightlife? Is it advisable to rent a car to get around?

We've asked a couple of older people who have been there but they did the long multi-island tours and nothing excited us. We're looking for something with more nightlife and things to do around our age (28) and a nice hotel that is at the beach (Ritz?).

Man...I wish I could my SC430 with me...
Old 01-30-08, 09:55 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm... you need to be more specific, when you say 'hawaii' due to the fact we have different islands. Thus we call each island by name, if you mean the island with the volcano, we say the Big Island (even thou its hawaii, the whole state is hawaii too, i live in hawaii even if its oahu, confusing huh?).
Old 01-31-08, 09:23 AM
euro.r
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's no nightlife on any of the neighbor islands. Only Oahu has nightlife and you will need a car everywhere since we don't have great public transportation (meaning subway, rail) but we do have an extensive public bus system.

On Oahu, if you're interested in night life, stay in Waikiki so you can walk to the clubs and bars. If you want to go to places the locals go, get out of Waikiki because we all don't like hanging out at places tourists frequent haha!
Old 02-02-08, 05:50 PM
c2ispy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some clubs to goto in waikiki

the W @ Honolulu on fridays/saturdays
Pearl's @ Alamoana
Venus on fridays
Old 02-05-08, 01:04 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to detail your trip, like llamaboiz said. What islands are you visiting and what days are you going to be here? If you're on a short trip, a RAC might not be necessary. Just stay in Waikiki and play tourist with maybe a trip to Ala Moana shopping center via shuttle. If you're planning on going to the beach, circle the island, outdoors stuff like hiking, then you should get a car.