Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Local Chapters and Regional Forums > Regional ClubLexus Forums > Hawaii and Guam
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Servco Lexus

Old 04-13-06, 06:22 PM   #1
zomg!11
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default Servco Lexus

anybody got anything to say about servco lexus? i think they're awesome and have great service.

edit: yeah this thread was pretty lame but i wanted to see if anybody even looked in this forum.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by sushihead; 05-03-06 at 05:13 PM..
zomg!11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 08:14 AM   #2
TeflonGS
Driver

I have had one good experience and one bad. But, after the last bad experience I will get my work done at LXS. Chad was really helpful.
2001 Blue Onyx Pearl GS 430 JP Grill, L-Sportline front bumper, Veilside sides & rear bumper, Tein CS, Wise LED red/clear tail lights, JDM chrome door handles, Daizen sways, chrome trunk bar, Weapon-R SW intake, Apex-i Super Ground System, Optima YellowTop, L-Tuned exhaust, X-drill/slotted Power Slot rotors, 19" Work LS 105 w/ Dunlop Direzza DZ101, Alpine IVA-W200 MM station w/ iPod, McIntosh MC440M, Rainbow Profi CS265, Rainbow SL165, Zapco DSP6-SL, Alumapro RX 12" sub, and Kinetik power cell.
TeflonGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-06, 11:15 PM   #3
RGA
Rookie

LXS Hawaii also, Chad is helping me with my SC for the August Show.

LXS HAWAII
597-1177
RGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-06, 03:56 AM   #4
CK6Speed
Super Moderator
Trader Score: (1)

Servco Lexus too me is just another dealer like Acura, BMW, Mercedes and such. They are nothing special and you get some good experiences and bad ones as well. I've never had any real bad experience, but I've never felt taken care of in the so called "Lexus" way that some here talk about there dealers. They don't pick up the car for you, they don't offer Lexus only loaners, you still have to sit at a cubicle like other dealerships to see a service writer. The techs are competent, but they are no different than any other place. They scratch panels, forget to bolt things up properly, over torque the lug nuts with impact guns. Basically I've experienced all of that while getting our Lexus serviced there. I fixed every problem myself that came as a result of taking it in to the dealer. I had to take off and put back most of my RX330 rear hatch panels because they were all misaligned and put back wrong after a hatch ECU recall. When I did my own shocks, I noticed a lot of the missing plastic caps that had fallen into the void spaces that the techs never bothered to retrieve and even replace on my car. I guess they think most Lexus owners don't work on their own car so if they can't see it t, it does;t matter. Anyway, that is enough of my rant. The local Servco Lexus dealership is competent enough that I would still take my car into them, but I don't expect any great treatment and I aways double check their work to the best of my knowledge when I get the car back.

That said, LXS sounds like a good place to go to
CK6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-06, 08:32 AM   #5
TeflonGS
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Servco Lexus too me is just another dealer like Acura, BMW, Mercedes and such. They are nothing special and you get some good experiences and bad ones as well. I've never had any real bad experience, but I've never felt taken care of in the so called "Lexus" way that some here talk about there dealers. They don't pick up the car for you, they don't offer Lexus only loaners, you still have to sit at a cubicle like other dealerships to see a service writer. The techs are competent, but they are no different than any other place. They scratch panels, forget to bolt things up properly, over torque the lug nuts with impact guns. Basically I've experienced all of that while getting our Lexus serviced there. I fixed every problem myself that came as a result of taking it in to the dealer. I had to take off and put back most of my RX330 rear hatch panels because they were all misaligned and put back wrong after a hatch ECU recall. When I did my own shocks, I noticed a lot of the missing plastic caps that had fallen into the void spaces that the techs never bothered to retrieve and even replace on my car. I guess they think most Lexus owners don't work on their own car so if they can't see it t, it does;t matter. Anyway, that is enough of my rant. The local Servco Lexus dealership is competent enough that I would still take my car into them, but I don't expect any great treatment and I aways double check their work to the best of my knowledge when I get the car back.

That said, LXS sounds like a good place to go to
Chris, is this you?

--Tad
2001 Blue Onyx Pearl GS 430 JP Grill, L-Sportline front bumper, Veilside sides & rear bumper, Tein CS, Wise LED red/clear tail lights, JDM chrome door handles, Daizen sways, chrome trunk bar, Weapon-R SW intake, Apex-i Super Ground System, Optima YellowTop, L-Tuned exhaust, X-drill/slotted Power Slot rotors, 19" Work LS 105 w/ Dunlop Direzza DZ101, Alpine IVA-W200 MM station w/ iPod, McIntosh MC440M, Rainbow Profi CS265, Rainbow SL165, Zapco DSP6-SL, Alumapro RX 12" sub, and Kinetik power cell.
Old 04-21-06, 03:39 PM   #6
CK6Speed
Super Moderator
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonGS
Chris, is this you?

--Tad

Yes Tad it is.
CK6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-06, 03:40 AM   #7
CodyLexus
Driver

Need info on this LXS HAWAII. Never heard of them before.
Old 05-14-06, 09:46 PM   #8
TeflonGS
Driver

LXS is located on the street right after Revolutions going makai. It is about half way down the street on the left side. Kind of hard to see the sign. The number as mentioned before is: 597-1177
Old 05-15-06, 10:21 PM   #9
webhed
Pole Position

So what type of work does LXS actually do? Install aftermarket parts? Routine maintenance? etc? Are they an alternative to going to the dealership but w/out the dealership prices?

02 IS300 MSM 5MT
PLP SC|SKPDEZIGN|19s SSR COURAGE|TEIN CS|AREA 51 SWAYS|JIC STB|TRD CF GRILL

00 MR2 SPYDER
HASS STAGE 1 TURBO KIT|17s SSR INTEGRAL A2s|SPORTIVO KIT|TRD STAGE 2 BODYKIT
webhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-06, 12:19 PM   #10
drck1000
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonGS
LXS is located on the street right after Revolutions going makai. It is about half way down the street on the left side. Kind of hard to see the sign. The number as mentioned before is: 597-1177
That place Revolutions, are you talking about the shop on Ward next to TNT? The right after that is Queen St or another street?
drck1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-06, 06:17 PM   #11
TeflonGS
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhed
So what type of work does LXS actually do? Install aftermarket parts? Routine maintenance? etc? Are they an alternative to going to the dealership but w/out the dealership prices?
I never asked them about installing aftermarket, but he did say that he does suspension installs... LXS is like going to the dealership w/o the dealership prices and frills. They don't have loaners, shuttle service, etc.
Old 05-19-06, 06:19 PM   #12
TeflonGS
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by drck1000
That place Revolutions, are you talking about the shop on Ward next to TNT? The right after that is Queen St or another street?
That is the same Revolution Motorsports shop right next to TNT tinting. Queen St is the street before Revolutions going makai. LXS is on the street after. Hope it helps.
Old 05-26-06, 05:06 AM   #13
yoon
Driver

yup chad at LXS is awesome. great service and awesome prices. i think he has 13+ years as a lexus tech? really friendly and helpful. i would mos def reccomend him
yoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 06:02 AM   #14
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!
Trader Score: (33)

Peter H. M. Lee
Send a message via MSN to PHML

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoon
yup chad at LXS is awesome. great service and awesome prices. i think he has 13+ years as a lexus tech? really friendly and helpful. i would mos def reccomend him
Ummmm...I brought my car there once....and that was the last time.

Yes...good to know an alternative to Servco Lexus.

Pete
PHML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-06, 03:28 AM   #15
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!
Trader Score: (33)

Peter H. M. Lee
Send a message via MSN to PHML

Bumpage
PHML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-06, 03:28 AM