GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-15, 07:03 AM
Evoking
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Spacers?

Perhaps even more important than actual wheel design is truck stance when it comes to SUV's IMHO. Before I buy some wheels for new GX has anyone done spacers on stock wheels?

This thing looks a bit anemic and like its on skinny stilts ;-)
Old 05-19-15, 07:24 PM
Hammer208S
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of at least 30mm spacers myself.
Old 05-20-15, 12:52 PM
fortytwo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Evoking
Perhaps even more important than actual wheel design is truck stance when it comes to SUV's IMHO. Before I buy some wheels for new GX has anyone done spacers on stock wheels?

This thing looks a bit anemic and like its on skinny stilts ;-)
I put 1" spacers all around on my '15 GX. It helped to make it less tucked. No rubbing anywhere so far...

Make sure you get hub-centric spacers.
Old 05-20-15, 04:20 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

I asked about spacers the last time I went into my wheel shop for a rotation/balance. The rep said he had no problem with them except for Lexus (maybe he said Toyota) something about how the wheel fits on the hub. Maybe he was referring to the hub-centric

I called them today and I guess I got someone else because he said it was OK and they install them often. I asked for a recommended brand and was told H&R was a common brand that they install but they do not order spacers.

I looked up H&R and they don't sell direct, but Tire Rack was a listed distributor of their products. I couldn't find spacers on their web site so I called them. The rep told me they don't sell them and don't recommend spacers because they create a weak point.

I found another distributor and called them. 15mm is $120 a pair and 25mm is $160 a pair. Finally I have some information to go on.
I went to multiple web sites before and after my phone calls and as expected the GX doesn't even come up and I find some prices but it doesn't indicate the quantity.

Originally Posted by fortytwo
I put 1" spacers all around on my '15 GX. It helped to make it less tucked. No rubbing anywhere so far...

Got a part number and cost please? Why did you choose what you purchased?
I would like to get these before my next rotation.
Old 05-20-15, 05:40 PM
fortytwo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tecman
I asked about spacers the last time I went into my wheel shop for a rotation/balance. The rep said he had no problem with them except for Lexus (maybe he said Toyota) something about how the wheel fits on the hub. Maybe he was referring to the hub-centric

I called them today and I guess I got someone else because he said it was OK and they install them often. I asked for a recommended brand and was told H&R was a common brand that they install but they do not order spacers.

I looked up H&R and they don't sell direct, but Tire Rack was a listed distributor of their products. I couldn't find spacers on their web site so I called them. The rep told me they don't sell them and don't recommend spacers because they create a weak point.

I found another distributor and called them. 15mm is $120 a pair and 25mm is $160 a pair. Finally I have some information to go on.
I went to multiple web sites before and after my phone calls and as expected the GX doesn't even come up and I find some prices but it doesn't indicate the quantity.

Got a part number and cost please? Why did you choose what you purchased?
I would like to get these before my next rotation.
EDIT: H&R are great & use them on my track car.

I got them off ebay or amazon, but have that info at the office - I'll try to remember to look it up when back in the office tomorrow & post the exact info here, but it may have been these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Adapters-5-Lug-Hub-Centric-Spacer-Lexus-Toyota-1-/371328740011?fits=Model%3AGX460&hash=item5674eaeaab&vxp=mtr
EDIT: I also had to specify a '14 GX 460, as '15 was not in the database to certify correct fitment.

Last edited by fortytwo; 05-20-15 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-20-15, 07:04 PM
GX460PREM
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fortytwo

Did you installed the wheel adapters on the 18" stock rims or aftermarket rims?
Can you post a photo of your GX460 with the wheel adapters enhancement?

I installed 1.5" wheel adapters on 24" rims. They looked awesome. The tires are 0.5" beyond the fenders making the vehicle look aggressive.
Old 05-21-15, 08:37 AM
fortytwo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GX460PREM
Did you installed the wheel adapters on the 18" stock rims or aftermarket rims?
Can you post a photo of your GX460 with the wheel adapters enhancement?

I installed 1.5" wheel adapters on 24" rims. They looked awesome. The tires are 0.5" beyond the fenders making the vehicle look aggressive.
Stock '15 premium wheels. The 1" just makes them flush w/fenders.

RE spacers - I got them off ebay. Here are the details:
Seller: wheelpartsonline
Hubcentric Wheel Spacers for Toyota - 6x5.5 - 1 inch - Set of 4
Item price $159.95
Quantity 1
Item number 271747044065
Old 05-21-15, 05:44 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Thanks fortytwo, that is no longer available and it seems to be an eBay seller only. I searched around again and question the quality of products that I found and many don't claim to be hub-centric.

I hoped this was my last stop and I was ready to place an order.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tgi-303148-1-kit

I called the company to confirm that there would be no problems and they questioned the proper fitment and suggested I call Trail Gear. I went to Trail Gears site and the information is limited so I called the tech support phone number.

I explained my concerns and questions to the rep and he asked me if I had mag wheels. I told him I have custom dub two-piece wheels and he asked what my hub diameter is.
I don't know the answer to this question, but my wheels were custom made after I ordered them. The Trail Gear spacer is 4.1/8 hub so I would think I am good if I am spec on my wheels.

I am back to calling my wheel shop again to ask this question before I have any confidence ordering.
Old 05-24-15, 11:16 PM
Evoking
Driver School Candidate

Why does this thread still not have pics! ;-)
Old 05-25-15, 01:14 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

My 1.25" are on the way. I will post before and after pics.

fourtytwo and GX460PREM
Old 05-25-15, 04:29 PM
Evoking
Driver School Candidate

So you found some that work? By whom and from where?

I was looking at the stock wheels and they could easily come out 2" to meet the fenders. Were there any thicker ones?
Old 05-25-15, 05:11 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171794633980

I have found that you can spend more money on this, but they all seem to be the same.
Old 05-27-15, 09:01 AM
fortytwo
Driver School Candidate

Old 05-27-15, 03:29 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

gx looks just plain weird when youre driving toward it on opposite side of road. The wheels i agree need to be wider and pushed out more. Looks like its on stilts. Can you give a view of front from a distance?
i havent put spacers because it will torque the wheel bearings and axle and lead to early failure of components.
Old 05-27-15, 07:18 PM
Evoking
Driver School Candidate

I'm about to order some wheels. I am down to these:

Fuel Beast
Fuel Rampage 2 piece in either anthracite center or chrome center
Koko Kuture Massa 7
Gianelle Bologna

Quick Reply: Spacers?