Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Weathertech cargo mat fit issues?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM   #1
Jacket
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Jacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 15
Default Weathertech cargo mat fit issues?

Hi folks,

I recently picked up a 2013 GX for my wife and immediately ordered a set of Weathertech Digifit floor liners for the 1st two rows, plus a cargo liner for the back. I was a little surprised at the poor fit for the cargo liner - it's not what I would expect based on my past experience with Weathertech products. Specifically, the passenger side has a significant gap between the liner and the side cover (see picture). Can someone who has one of these installed on their 2010+ GX tell me if their cargo mat is like this? I haven't reached out to Weathertech yet but will tomorrow as well.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Thumbnails
Weathertech cargo mat fit issues?-img_1108.jpg   Weathertech cargo mat fit issues?-img_1109.jpg  
Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #2
Jacket
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Jacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 15
Default

Digging a bit deeper on the internets, it looks like some GX models have a sub-woofer in that location, which takes up some of the "gap" that I am seeing.

I assume that Weathertech doesn't have a different liner cut for the models without the sub-woofer. Lame.
Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #3
UPTHECREEK
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Clay County Florida
Posts: 7
Default

Man that really stinks.... I've always raved about weatherTec's . I certainly would contact them and let them know. Good Luck !!
UPTHECREEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:42 AM   #4
bltkmt
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
bltkmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 26
Default

To use the 3rd row, you need to remove that cargo liner?
bltkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:02 AM   #5
Jacket
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Jacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
To use the 3rd row, you need to remove that cargo liner?
That's correct. For us, the 3rd row will be folded down 80% of the time and be full of skis, snowboards, boots, bikes, groceries, etc., so the mat is necessary. For the other 20% of the time, I just toss it into the garage.
Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:06 AM   #6
Jacket
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Jacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 15
Default

I went ahead and sent an email to Weathertech sales to call out the issue. It's a bit surprising to me that the template for the cargo mat is based on the package with the upgraded sound system, and that they don't provide an option for the base sound system. If it was a mm or two, I wouldn't think twice, but this is a pretty large gap for a "premium" mat like the Weathertech's.

We will see what they come back with.
Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:30 AM   #7
Craig B
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MO
Posts: 1,976
Default

Mine doesn't fit like that, but I have the sub back there with the ML system.
__________________
Craig

2007 LS 460
2014 GX 460 Luxury
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:30 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VA WeatherTech Digital Fit Front and Rear Floor AND Cargo Liner bmaez 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 2 02-13-15 06:04 PM
WeatherTech versus Husky mats and cargo liners wlpncp RX - Third Generation 21 10-29-13 04:03 PM
problem w/ weather tech liners 2013 rx350 JohnHenry RX - Third Generation 3 08-02-12 08:59 AM
Cargo liner for 2012 GX460 htp367 GX - Second Generation 8 04-12-12 07:46 AM
WeatherTech Liners for 2010 RX350 wrahn RX - Third Generation 43 10-31-09 06:53 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Join ClubLexus

Copyright © 2000-2015 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info