Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sewell parts has closed

SEWELL PARTS HAS CLOSED

~ Cap
Attached Thumbnails Sewell parts has closed-sewell.gif.jpg  
Old 03-03-15, 12:37 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah, totally sucks. I ordered the cross bars for the roof rack right before they closed...
Old 03-03-15, 01:40 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

not happy about it either... joined back in 2010, but ordered parts way before that when we used to have to type in the code lol...
Old 03-03-15, 04:12 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just found this out as well....that really sucks. Their parts prices were very good since my local dealer will not discount prices. Anyone know of another Lexus dealer that is online with good prices?
Old 03-03-15, 07:41 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CdeFabio
Just found this out as well....that really sucks. Their parts prices were very good since my local dealer will not discount prices. Anyone know of another Lexus dealer that is online with good prices?
We know everyone is looking for a new option for Lexus parts and there are many options out there. Many factors come into when you are looking for a new supplier, price, shipping, location, quality and selection. We are Lpartsworld.com and MyLparts.com. We are a Club Lexus Authorized vendor. We are also a Lexus dealer selling only genuine Lexus parts. We are located in California. We have great online prices and offer a CL discount on top of those prices.Just use code CL5 for 10% off. We offer free shipping on orders over $150. We have discounted shipping on orders under $150. 99% of our orders ship same day or next business day. What don't we do? We don'd do any large body pieces, batteries or any fluids. Other than that we usually can handle any order. We don't have the same schematics as Sewell, but we are working on that. We understand that all this Sewell business is going to get spread around the country, but we do want to make sure you understand that we are here for you if needed. Give us a look over, give us a call! Hope to do business with some of you in the future! Thanks!
Old 03-03-15, 09:27 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i have no idea what business advantage you have by closing your online store. If anything, their revenues
will fall off a cliff. Who will travel from out of state to go to texas just to buy a part? Poor decision on sewells part. Perhaps they are just going to focus on sales of vehicles which would make sense.
Old 03-03-15, 10:28 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Plus one from me +++.

Originally Posted by MyLparts
We know everyone is looking for a new option for Lexus parts and there are many options out there. Many factors come into when you are looking for a new supplier, price, shipping, location, quality and selection. We are Lpartsworld.com and MyLparts.com. We are a Club Lexus Authorized vendor. We are also a Lexus dealer selling only genuine Lexus parts. We are located in California. We have great online prices and offer a CL discount on top of those prices.Just use code CL5 for 10% off. We offer free shipping on orders over $150. We have discounted shipping on orders under $150. 99% of our orders ship same day or next business day. What don't we do? We don'd do any large body pieces, batteries or any fluids. Other than that we usually can handle any order. We don't have the same schematics as Sewell, but we are working on that. We understand that all this Sewell business is going to get spread around the country, but we do want to make sure you understand that we are here for you if needed. Give us a look over, give us a call! Hope to do business with some of you in the future! Thanks!
I ordered from them on Sunday morning to stock up some maintenance items in my garage for my two Lexus. I made an error on a quantity and shorted myself. I PM'd Matt and he corrected it first thing Monday AM. Can't ask for better customer Service than that.

My parts are on the way and the pricing is comparable or better on some things from what I searched. I agree about his comments on the schematics, as Sewell was much easier to navigate. Sounds like if business picks up though, they will get teh go ahead to spend some profits on this aspect. I hope so.

Randy B

Last edited by Randy B; 03-03-15 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-03-15, 10:31 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy B
I ordered from them on Sunday morning to stock up some maintenance items in my agrage for my two Lexus. I made an error on a quantity a nd shorted myself. I PM'd Matt and he corrected it first thing Monday AM. Can't ask for better customer Service than that.

My parts are on the way and the pricing is comparable or better on some things from what I searched. I agree about his comments on the schematics, as Sewell was much easier to navigate. Sounds like if business picks up though, they will get teh go ahead to spend some profits on this aspect. I hope so.

Randy B
Thanks Randy for the kind words! It was great doing business with you!
Old 03-03-15, 01:08 PM
Trexus

I will give MyLparts.com a try. Before Sewell I used to use Toyota of Carson (Ltunedparts.com) which was good, but Sewell was way better. I believe Carson Toyota and Sewell use trademotion as their platform to display and lookup parts. Not sure what MyLparts.com uses.
Old 03-03-15, 01:10 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by Trexus
I will give MyLparts.com a try. Before Sewell I used to use Toyota of Carson (Ltunedparts.com) which was good, but Sewell was way better. I believe Carson Toyota and Sewell use trademotion as their platform to display and lookup parts. Not sure what MyLparts.com uses.
I think i might do the same with a new Master Key... Friendly and polite through PM's... plus price was fair...
Old 03-04-15, 03:40 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MyLparts
Thanks guys, I will give you a try the next time I need to order parts.
Old 03-04-15, 09:30 AM
texas008
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by CdeFabio
Thanks guys, I will give you a try the next time I need to order parts.
great, will order some lexus parts soon.
Old 03-06-15, 02:47 PM
machine323
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i ordered my 60K mile service parts, and rear pads from mylparts just recently, and they arrived promptly and in good order. Prices were better than Sewell too. To my L parts. I sure wish that you carried fluids too. i see above that you are working on your schematics. it was almost unbearable trying to find parts on your site. i used Sewells prints to find the part numbers and plugged them into your search. i will be using you in the future again
Old 03-06-15, 03:34 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by machine323
i ordered my 60K mile service parts, and rear pads from mylparts just recently, and they arrived promptly and in good order. Prices were better than Sewell too. To my L parts. I sure wish that you carried fluids too. i see above that you are working on your schematics. it was almost unbearable trying to find parts on your site. i used Sewells prints to find the part numbers and plugged them into your search. i will be using you in the future again
great to hear. received my Sewell order today also and have been in talks with MyLparts and thinking of giving them a try.
Old 03-07-15, 03:14 PM
Trexus

I received my parts from Sewell yesterday. I ordered the crossbars for my roof rack on my GX and ordered LED foglights and navigation update for my CT.

In the near future will try myLparts.com...looking forward to ordering parts from them...

It's definitely very sad that Sewell online parts closed...

Quick Reply: Sewell parts has closed