GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Bought a used 2011 GX 460 and I hate it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-15, 11:02 AM
mohanman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a used 2011 GX 460 and I hate it!

I don't know what I was thinking. I bought a used 2011 GX 460 with about 23,000 miles on it for a pretty good price. I test drove it for about 10 minutes and thought things were fine, but its horrible ! I should have spent longer time with it. The drivers seat is SO uncomfortable that my neck, back are hurting and stiff. I can't drive it, it hurts! I m so sad over the situation because I don't think the used car dealership is going to take it back. Absolutely ridiculous vehicle.
Mo
Old 03-01-15, 11:32 AM
bigsley18
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure what you kind of responses you're expecting, but sorry you feel that way. Read your sales contract. Some dealers offer a "X" day and/or "XXX" mile return policy.
Old 03-01-15, 12:45 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

I don't understand the recent complaints of the seat being uncomfortable.
I have spent plenty of driving time in my truck and have Zero complaints on this.

mohanman, do you have back problems to begin with? What were you driving before the GX?
Old 03-01-15, 12:50 PM
mohanman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tecman
I don't understand the recent complaints of the seat being uncomfortable.
I have spent plenty of driving time in my truck and have Zero complaints on this.

mohanman, do you have back problems to begin with? What were you driving before the GX?
Never had problems before. I had a Nissan Armada and a BMW X5 before this contraption. Im going to try a stupid car seat pillow, but I am very disappointed in this vehicle. I mean for a luxury SUV close to $65,000 car for premium edition shouldn't the car seat be like phenomenal? Do you think I should take it to lexus dealer to get checked out?
Old 03-01-15, 01:47 PM
mohanman
Driver School Candidate

I just went out for another drive. Absolutely ridiculous.. I have to get rid of this car. What a waste of time energy and money. I will never get a Lexus again.
Old 03-01-15, 04:40 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bought a GX 460 and I hate it

Maybe you should have given it a more thorough test drive. If you do not like it, not much I can say about that. I have a 2015 Luxury Edition and the seats and the ride are very comfortable. I am coming out of a 2012 Lexus 460 AWD, so I know what comfort is all about. I am pleased with mine. Where did you come up with the price of $65,000 for a 2011 Premium edition. The 2015 premium edition sticker prices are only in the $56,000 dollar price range. I have the Luxury Edition 2015 with air suspension, power third seat, heated steering wheel, heated seats front and second row, upgraded rims, Mark Levinson audio system, etc, and the sticker was $63160, and I paid something like 57,800. If you cannot live with it, dump it. They are one of the Lexus vehicles that have a good resale value.
Old 03-01-15, 04:58 PM
bigsley18
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this for real or are you trolling? It seems like you signed up as a member simply to complain about how uncomfortable your GX is...Great first post by the way. Instead of pointing fingers at Lexus, why don't you hold yourself accountable because you had complete control over the research, test drive and financial transaction?

Last edited by bigsley18; 03-01-15 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-01-15, 05:09 PM
mohanman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigsley18
Is this for real or are you trolling? It seems like you signed up as a member simply to complain about how uncomfortable your GX is...Great first post by the way. Instead of pointing fingers at Lexus, why don't you hold yourself accountable because you had complete control over the research, test drive and financial transaction? I don't think anyone forced you to buy the GX.
No I am NOT trolling. I joined this forum in efforts to see if any one has a solution for me as I am panicking about spending so much money on used Lexus that has a very bad uncomfy drivers seat. I can see in this forum there are other people, not just me, that also have same issues, just scroll down and you will see what I am talking about. Should I have done more research, yes. But if anyone out there is looking for a GX, be warned! I would stay clear! My Armada was 1 million times more comfortable, even my sporty X5. My wife's Cadillac SRX is also fantastic. The GX is just an impractical car. Its small and it gets horrible gas mileage. But to top it off the drivers seat sucks. I mean come on! My upper shoulders, neck, lower back start hurting within the first 10-15 minutes.
Mo!
Old 03-01-15, 05:35 PM
Flannagan
Driver School Candidate

i have a 2015, but they are the best seats i have ever been in. My boss has a new Range rover and the seats aren't near as comfy or supportive as mine.
Old 03-01-15, 05:46 PM
11GX460
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I hate to say this, but I think you are trolling. First, you complain about the driver's seat. Ok, fair enough. But then, you state "The GX is just an impractical car. Its small and it gets horrible gas mileage" Really??? Did you not even see the suv or read up on it before buying it? Fyi. The Armada's mpg is even worst and your former X5, along with the wifey's SRX, is not exactly ROOMY either. Quit b1tching and just return it, God damn it.

However, the angle side of me really wishes you would find that utopia seat for your GX so that you, too, can experience inner peace and joy.

Last edited by 11GX460; 03-01-15 at 05:52 PM. Reason: The word b1tching was not posted, had to find an alternative spelling
Old 03-01-15, 05:50 PM
mohanman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 11GX460
I hate to say this, but I think you are trolling. First, you complain about the driver's seat. Ok, fair enough. But then you state that "The GX is just an impractical car. Its small and it gets horrible gas mileage" Really??? Did you not even see the suv or read up on it before buying it? Fyi. The Armada's mpg is even worst and your former X5, a long with the wifey's SRX is not exactly ROOMY either. Quit b1tching and just return it, God damn it.

However, the angle side of me really wishes you would find utopia seat for your GX so that you, too, can experience inner peace and joy.
damn.. Guess you don't like your GX too, otherwise you wouldn't be so defensive. But yeah, I am going to trade it in for a much better vechile
Thanks anyways
Old 03-01-15, 05:58 PM
11GX460
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Fyi, I drove over 10 hours on a recent road trip a few months ago and have absolutely no issues with the driver's seat. I love my luxury suv, I feel like I am the captain of the road.
Old 03-01-15, 06:03 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mohanman
Absolutely ridiculous vehicle.
Mo
before this contraption.
I will never get a Lexus again.
The GX is just an impractical car. Its small and it gets horrible gas mileage. But to top it off the drivers seat sucks. I mean come on!
Mo!
You must admit this does sound like Lexus bashing.

Now you are now commenting on poor gas mileage along with complaints on the size of the vehicle.
Old 03-01-15, 06:05 PM
mohanman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tecman
You must admit this does sound like Lexus bashing.

Now you are now commenting on poor gas mileage along with complaints on the size of the vehicle.
Who cares if I am complaining about the size and gas mileage. The bottom line is the seat is bad and uncomfortable, only the drivers side. My wife said passenger side was comfortable. If I am trolling then why are other people mentioning it? Anyways, my hopes of using this car to 200,000 miles + is probably not going to happen. I was hoping I would save money over the next 5 years but the discomfort is unbearable. Will sell it, probably go back to something bigger like Armada or that QX.
Mo
Old 03-01-15, 06:18 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Good luck to you and I hope you find a vehicle that is comfortable.

Quick Reply: Bought a used 2011 GX 460 and I hate it!