GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Driver Support Package

Old 08-24-14, 12:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

T4Fun - the switch under the dash apparently is ONLY for the braking effect, but PCS does a lot more than braking according to the manual:

The pre-collision system is operational when

Pre-collision seat belts (situation 1):
• Vehicle speed is greater
than about 4 mph (5 km/h).
• The speed at which your vehicle is approaching the obstacle or the vehicle running
ahead of you is greater than about 19 mph (30 km/h).
• The front occupants are wearing a seat belt.

Pre-collision seat belts (situation 2):
• Vehicle speed is greater than about 19 mph (30 km/h).
• The system detects sudden braking or skidding.
• The front occupants are wearing a seat belt.

Pre-collision brake assist:
• Vehicle speed is greater than about 19 mph (30 km/h).
• The speed at which your vehicle is approaching the obstacle or the vehicle running
• The brake pedal is depressed.

Pre-collision braking:
• The pre-collision braking off switch is not pressed.
• Vehicle speed is greater th
an about 10 mph (15 km/h).
ahead of you is greater than about 10 mph (15 km/h).

AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension System) control (if equipped):
• Vehicle speed is greater
than about 4 mph (5 km/h).

Pre-collision alert braking (vehicles with driver monitor system):
• The system determines that th
e driver is not facing forward.
• The speed at which your vehicle is approaching the vehicle running ahead of you is
greater than about 25 mph (40 km/h).
• Vehicle speed is greater than about 25 mph (40 km/h).
• The pre-collision braking off switch is not pressed.
• The steering is not being turned.

pg147 in this PDF:
http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_04-05.pdf
The following users liked this post:
Piney1 (01-14-22)
Old 09-02-14, 02:47 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

yesterday was changing lanes due to a slow driver. Came up on person infront of me as I was changing lanes and another car near blind spot on right. The PCS almost went off. Very dangerous if it did, the person in my rear right blind spot wouldve hit me...as i was half in the other lane.

Be careful changing lanes with someone very close to you in front...
Old 09-19-14, 08:49 PM
vcc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GX460 Luxury + Driver Support Package (code ZA) availability?

I’m interested in a 2015 GX460 Luxury + Driver Support Package (code ZA), including Pre-Collision, Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert and Front & Side Monitor.

A local Northern California dealer told me that these configurations almost always have to be ordered. The lead time is 3 to 6 months.

I’m not interested in waiting 25% - 50% of a year to get a new vehicle, and I’m not interested in the GX without those features. I found one in regional inventory, but it’s not an acceptable color.

What am I missing here? Any idea why there aren't a few more on the lots in a region?

Are there any options other than ordering and waiting months?
Old 09-19-14, 10:14 PM
yipster222
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was seeking a GX 460 with Driver Support Package too but it had to be special order. I decided to just get a GX 460 Luxury fully loaded at a great price.
Old 09-20-14, 04:14 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

He told you the truth. Several of us waited four months post order to get it. What you see in regional inventory is more than likely an order that has arrived at the port and is enroute to the dealer for delivery. That's how mine showed online.

Randy B
Old 09-20-14, 06:29 AM
redbrick
Rookie

I don't know about 6 months... Mine took about 3 months. He might just be trying to push what's on inventory???? What are the other dealers saying?
Old 09-20-14, 07:44 AM
vcc
Driver School Candidate

Default $60K - $70K and Lexus experience has degraded

Yeah, 3 months was the minimum. I think 6 months was the "double that as worst case" maximum. And I'm sure they want me to cave in and buy from their lot.

I'm not surprised that the order / build / ship process is 3 months long. But I am disappointed that my experience with Lexus has descended to a Ford / Chevy car buying experience.

I bought my second RX 5 years ago. During both prior purchases the local dealers had a good selection of options-loaded vehicles. The buying experience was good, the RX's were great and the service experience was great.

So I decided to again go with a Lexus. And now I want to upgrade to a loaded GX.

But this time, it looks like Lexus and/or Lexus dealers have gone cheap and decided to make customers wait a quarter of a year for a loaded car. And I'm in a large metro area with more than 5 dealers within an hour's drive. They don't have RX350's or F's with the Driver Support package on local lots either.

I was hoping that someone had some advice on getting a loaded GX quickly.

Right now, Lexus is forcing a loyal ready-to-buy customer to consider spending my money elsewhere.
Old 09-20-14, 08:57 AM
Randy B
Advanced

It's the price point with the package. Dealer and Lexus NA don't want to get stuck with a $66K vehicle that they have to steeply discount to move because most buyers don't want the package. Lexus NA decided to make it order only as a business decision.

That being said, I ordered at Halloween and took delivery at end of January.

Was worth the wait to get what I wanted.

Randy B
Old 09-20-14, 12:31 PM
vcc
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

Thanks for the perspective.

I'll try working with them one more time, then see what other dealers and the services like Costco can find for me.
Old 09-21-14, 09:11 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by vcc
Thanks for the perspective.

I'll try working with them one more time, then see what other dealers and the services like Costco can find for me.
There are some gx s on the lots I've seen with driver support. It's rare but they are out there. U would certainly have to go out of your region to get it or dealer can get it for u. They can searrch all the inventory
Old 09-21-14, 10:45 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A 4-6 month wait for an excellent vehicle that it seems you'll keep for 5ish years is not a long time. Buying now and regretting it for 5 years because your impatient seem like a bad decision to me. I'd order every vehicle I had if I had the choice because I'd rather wait and get exactly what I want and have no regrets later.

Just my .02
The following users liked this post:
chadmon97 (05-09-23)
Old 09-21-14, 09:56 PM
redbrick
Rookie

Yeah I agree...wait if you can... it's really not that long... unless you don't buy green bananas too...
Old 09-23-14, 10:11 PM
vcc
Driver School Candidate

Default GX - game over, thank you for playing

Yeah, so now the dealer is playing more games with me. He says that they don't stock fully loaded GX's because not many people want them / they don't sell well, but also says they can't transfer loaded GX's from other dealers because they sell well enough that other dealers don't want to give them up.

I expect games, but not so poorly played. And the first sales clown that I talked to at this dealer also got the GX and RX options configurations and availability wrong. I figured that out later via the Lexus web site. I normally deal with the fleet guys, but my original contact was with a regular sales guy that started the whole greasy used-car-sales quality buying experience.

I'm ready to drive a long distance to get the GX that I want, but the loaded ones don't exist within several hours' drive of me. Aigh!

Costco doesn't list GX's in their auto buying service. But I'll throw my GX wish list out to the other dealers in the area in case they have a solution.

Between the whole GX order-and-wait game and the poor buying experience I'm having with this dealer, I'm now a motivated, ready-to-buy return Lexus customer that's been driven to looking at Porsche, BMW, etc... options.

And I actually do buy bananas a bit green. I just don't have to wait 3 - 6 months to eat them.

Thanks to everyone for your comments....
Old 09-24-14, 03:37 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Originally Posted by vcc
Yeah, so now the dealer is playing more games with me. He says that they don't stock fully loaded GX's because not many people want them / they don't sell well, but also says they can't transfer loaded GX's from other dealers because they sell well enough that other dealers don't want to give them up.

I expect games, but not so poorly played. And the first sales clown that I talked to at this dealer also got the GX and RX options configurations and availability wrong. I figured that out later via the Lexus web site. I normally deal with the fleet guys, but my original contact was with a regular sales guy that started the whole greasy used-car-sales quality buying experience.

I'm ready to drive a long distance to get the GX that I want, but the loaded ones don't exist within several hours' drive of me. Aigh!

Costco doesn't list GX's in their auto buying service. But I'll throw my GX wish list out to the other dealers in the area in case they have a solution.

Between the whole GX order-and-wait game and the poor buying experience I'm having with this dealer, I'm now a motivated, ready-to-buy return Lexus customer that's been driven to looking at Porsche, BMW, etc... options.

And I actually do buy bananas a bit green. I just don't have to wait 3 - 6 months to eat them.

Thanks to everyone for your comments....
What you are stating, is what we have been telling you. They are special order and not stock items. The Lexus website says so as well. The only way a Lexus dealer has one on their lot, is due to a failed delivery post order and deposit.

Accept that's the way it is for this option, and decide what to do. If the wait is not for you, then move on. I'm sure you will enjoy something else that you can receive instant gratification on.

Bemoaning a dealer who has told you the correct information is getting rather laggard.

Randy B
Old 09-24-14, 07:12 AM
T4Fun
Racer

here are some gxs with driver support on the lot in TX

http://www.parkplace.com/all-invento...x-460-em087788

http://www.parkplace.com/all-invento...x-460-em088261

i dont know, i think dealer has option of ordering gxs the way they want.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver Support Package