GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Maxliner Cargo Liner.....no good.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-16, 08:45 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Maxliner Cargo Liner.....no good.

I ordered the Maxliner cargo liner for the GX, and I am returning it. As soon as I put it in the truck I removed it and put in back in the box to return. It is slick on the bottom and slides around very easily, particularly towards the rear door. Also, the are no cut-outs for the tie-downs in the floor, so my cargo net just flops around as I can't secure the bottom of the net to the floor.

Does the Weathertech or Husky slide around? I know the Weathertech has the cut-outs for the tie downs, does the Husky as well?

Not fond of the Lexus 2-piece design and lack of extended lip design along the border like the aftermarket liners. I won't be using the third-row seats.
Old 01-17-16, 02:36 PM
pinoyesv6
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I can say that I like my MaxLiner.

Does it slide around, yes. But only when its empty and when you have the rear door open. But its not like you open the door and it slides out, you have to pull it out. Put something in it and it stays put. Even the factory carpet mat with the rubber bottom slides around.

You can put the hook side of some adhesive backed velcro underneath and it will hold it in place.

As for the cutouts, I knew that going in when I purchase them. It looked just as it did in the picture, with no cutouts. Im one of those users these companies like to see because i've actually had to pull the liner out to pour out the water it was holding so not having the cutouts is a blessing for me.

I've thought about adding extra hooks on the sides just to hold the bottom of the net down without cutting up the mat but that's not high on my priority list.
Old 01-25-16, 04:09 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I ended up getting the OEM Lexus rubber weather mat. I am very satisfied with it.
-It's heavy and has nubs on the bottom so it stays in place and won't slide around. It is 2-piece but I don't see that being a problem.
-The Maxliner has taller sides to contain spills but I honestly don't ever see myself carrying loads of liquids or spilling gallons of it at a time. The lip on the edge of the Lexus mat will do fine to contain any liquids that may spill.
-The Lexus mat is a softer, rubbery non-slip surface compared to the hard plastic, slippery surface of the Maxliner. Items will not slide around on it. Also, I am able to use my cargo net floor anchors.

Nice product for the money.
Old 01-28-16, 12:11 PM
Jacket
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

The Weathertech slides around as well. You can secure it with the tie downs, but if you use the 3rd row seats periodically then it's a bit of work to untie and retie. A bit of velcro or another frictioned surface that would "stick" to carpet would help the sliding issue.

My bigger complaint with the Weathertech is that it's one size fits all for the GX cargo area, which leaves gaps in surface area coverage depending on what package you have.
Old 02-01-16, 12:27 AM
rhyle07
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the "maxpider" feature of Aries 3d mats because it can help prevent the mats from sliding. I found a set for the front though can find one for the cargo area.