GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Just picked up a '14 Sparkle Solid Gray Mica Metallic / Saddle

Old 07-09-14, 06:17 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Just picked up a '14 Sparkle Solid Gray Mica Metallic / Saddle

Hey all,

Long time listener, first time caller in the GX forums. Just picked up a new GX with all available options in this region. Packages are slightly configured differently here in Saudi Arabia as the dealer does not offer lane departure, blind spot, or PCS)

While its too early to judge, I fell in love the stance and the driving position of this truck. Still a bit old fashion body on frame, which im really going to need when i take it off road on the sand dunes and one of the main reasons behind the purchasing decision over its crossover counterparts.

Couple of questions I couldn't find:

- Does the trip computer provide the exact read out of the tire pressure like on the LS?
- How do you toggle terrain control? (its equipped with adjustable air suspension with crawl control.)
- Does the ML come with an in-dash 6 CD changer or one slot?
- can i pick up and program a keycard key?
- is there anyway i can adjust the C-best settings to allow mirrors to fold automatically upon locking? (longshot)

And since any thread is worthless without pics, here are a couple...
Attached Thumbnails Just picked up a '14 Sparkle Solid Gray Mica Metallic / Saddle-imag0372.jpg   Just picked up a '14 Sparkle Solid Gray Mica Metallic / Saddle-imag0391.jpg  
Old 07-09-14, 06:25 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, I'm loving the seat color! Congrats!
Old 07-09-14, 10:31 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Hey all,

Long time listener, first time caller in the GX forums. Just picked up a new GX with all available options in this region. Packages are slightly configured differently here in Saudi Arabia as the dealer does not offer lane departure, blind spot, or PCS)

While its too early to judge, I fell in love the stance and the driving position of this truck. Still a bit old fashion body on frame, which im really going to need when i take it off road on the sand dunes and one of the main reasons behind the purchasing decision over its crossover counterparts.

Couple of questions I couldn't find:

- Does the trip computer provide the exact read out of the tire pressure like on the LS?
- How do you toggle terrain control? (its equipped with adjustable air suspension with crawl control.)
- can i pick up and program a keycard key?
- is there anyway i can adjust the C-best settings to allow mirrors to fold automatically upon locking? (longshot)

And since any thread is worthless without pics, here are a couple...
-No tire pressure readout

-GXs in the US don't get Terrain Control, but we get it here in Canada. It is activated on the steering wheel controls on the right side of the steering wheel (the button left of the control stalk that says "Enter"). Here is an image gallery I made from my GX. http://imgur.com/a/o2ii4

-yes the ML is 6 disc

-yes you can get a card key and program it

-I don't know, but I don't think you can, never heard of that.

So jealous of your seat color! We don't get that option here, saddle is the bomb.
Old 07-09-14, 10:53 PM
Kitana
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Envious of the saddle leather here too.
Old 07-09-14, 11:22 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kitana
Nice! Envious of the saddle leather here too.
It's weird they didn't match any of the interior leather with it though. The seats are saddle but everything else is black, very strange. Mine is 100% ecru throughout (doors, center armrest, etc.) and I think it is the same for the other colors right?
Old 07-10-14, 04:17 AM
Revnitup
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love the interior so awesome. Congrats on the new ride.
Old 07-10-14, 04:55 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Nice color on the seats. No PCS or LDA, yet it wide view cameras. Are you sure it has Multi Terrain control? Seems to be a region thing. Also, my ML is a single disc DVD/CD, not a six disc as Lolrax states (Maybe Canada gets a different radio too or he's not describing a 2014?). I agree with the remainder of the color inside. They could have done better in matching the interior. It looks more like a seat swap, than an interior matched.

Randy B

Last edited by Randy B; 07-10-14 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-10-14, 06:04 AM
closenough
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolrax
-yes the ML is 6 disc
Sorry, but no, the 2014 US spec GX with ML has only a single CD, not a 6 disc changer.

See these two items copied from the two window stickers I have from my previous 2011 and now my 2014

2011:
Mark Levinson Premium Surround-Sound Audio with DVD/CD Changer

2014:
Mark Levinson Premium Audio:
17-speaker, 330 Watts, 7.1 Channel Archi tecture,
Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL), Single Disc
DVD/CD Play
Old 07-10-14, 06:09 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by closenough
Sorry, but no, the 2014 US spec GX with ML has only a single CD, not a 6 disc changer.

See these two items copied from the two window stickers I have from my previous 2011 and now my 2014

2011:

2014:
DVD/CD Play
That makes no sense at all, why would they get rid of the six disc changer? Not that many people use CDs any more but I keep 6 movies in at a time for my kids and I like being able to switch on the fly.

Question for those with a '14 with rear seat entertainment, does anyone know if there is a way to turn on the monitors on the back seats without the remote? I wonder if they fixed that issue. On my '12 I can hit a button on the nav screen to turn on the monitors but I have to get the remote out to make it show the picture on the rear screens. I have to do the same thing when I change switch movies, I have to get the remote out.
Old 07-10-14, 06:24 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Factory Rear Entertainment.

Originally Posted by patgilm
That makes no sense at all, why would they get rid of the six disc changer? Not that many people use CDs any more but I keep 6 movies in at a time for my kids and I like being able to switch on the fly.

Question for those with a '14 with rear seat entertainment, does anyone know if there is a way to turn on the monitors on the back seats without the remote? I wonder if they fixed that issue. On my '12 I can hit a button on the nav screen to turn on the monitors but I have to get the remote out to make it show the picture on the rear screens. I have to do the same thing when I change switch movies, I have to get the remote out.
My screeens do not have any buttons. However, if I go to the DVD source on the NAV Audio screen I can control what goes on to a limited extent without being in the back seat. Otherwise in the back seat, the sole control for any function of the screen is the remote control.

Randy B
Old 07-10-14, 07:16 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you all for your kind comments. I very much agree they could have done a better job integrating the color such as the arm rests or mid section of the doors.

Originally Posted by Lolrax
-No tire pressure readout

-GXs in the US don't get Terrain Control, but we get it here in Canada. It is activated on the steering wheel controls on the right side of the steering wheel (the button left of the control stalk that says "Enter"). Here is an image gallery I made from my GX. http://imgur.com/a/o2ii4

-yes the ML is 6 disc

-yes you can get a card key and program it

-I don't know, but I don't think you can, never heard of that.

So jealous of your seat color! We don't get that option here, saddle is the bomb.
I need to test out the CD changer to really find out. Although i would be disappointed to know if they removed the changer for the '14, especially since i do not see a "LOAD" button.

On the way from work today i tried to activate the terrain control but was unable to access that menu, even after placing the AWD in low range.

Originally Posted by Randy B
Nice color on the seats. No PCS or LDA, yet it wide view cameras. Are you sure it has Multi Terrain control? Seems to be a region thing. Also, my ML is a single disc DVD/CD, not a six disc as Lolrax states (Maybe Canada gets a different radio too or he's not describing a 2014?). I agree with the remainder of the color inside. They could have done better in matching the interior. It looks more like a seat swap, than an interior matched.

Randy B
You may be right, might not have terrain control after all. Toggling the controls on the steering wheel only reveals 2nd start and Park assist.

2011:

2014:
DVD/CD Play
Again, need to double check but i would be disappointed to learn the audio system has been downgraded, especially since i was looking forward to burning some Mp3 DVD's.
Old 07-10-14, 07:30 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4

If you don't see a LOAD button, it's only a singe disc. I guess kinda how the tape went away, so is the disc will eventually.

See if you have an AUTO button next to your mirror controls. If so, and it's on, the mirrors should fold in when locked by touching the door handle (unsure about locking by remote).

I'm assuming the C-best settings you're referring to are like our LPS (Lexus Personalized Settings)?
Old 07-10-14, 08:54 AM
Lolrax
Intermediate

2011:

2014:
DVD/CD Play
Wow, why would they get rid of the changer? Too bad. It just seemed illogical that they would get rid of the changer, good to know!
Old 07-10-14, 09:23 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

my gx on its way here, i am clueless why we cant those colored seats here in the US. complete bs.
But i see you dont have driver support package which is available here. makes no sense...

i never once used the dvd/cd player in my last GX. No need for it. We have a separate entertainment system, can stream music
from our phone, and use a USB stick with mp3 music

Last edited by T4Fun; 07-10-14 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-10-14, 11:48 AM
Craig B

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Congratulations and enjoy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just picked up a '14 Sparkle Solid Gray Mica Metallic / Saddle