GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Now "Officially" A Lexus Club Member!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-14, 02:35 PM
Kitana
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redbrick
Congratulations. I will be picking mine up tomorrow... evening! Nice color... looks better than the brochure swatch.
Thanks! Hope everything goes as planned acquiring your new GX today. Post pics soon.
Old 08-20-14, 07:06 PM
Kitana
Driver

A few extra pics at sunset sound side. We are in Kitty Hawk, NC this week. The drive down with the trailer was pretty good despite 95S traffic. The gas mileage was about 20 mpg towing a loaded 4x6 enclosed cargo trailer.
I installed a pet barrier to keep my doodle off the leather seats which also worked very well during the trip. The only complaint is the lame "beep beep" horn, WTF?! I got to find this out when a car pulled right out in front of me into the far left lane from the 7-11 I luckily had room to swerve into the turning lane. The GX and trailer handled beautifully. The pathetic horn not so much. Next mod will be an air horn!

Old 08-21-14, 06:48 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

very nice pics!
Old 08-21-14, 07:16 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I love that color.
Old 08-21-14, 08:43 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

nice! one question for you, where did you get your pet barrier from. We've got two corgis and ive been looking for one.
Old 08-21-14, 09:16 AM
Kitana
Driver

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
nice! one question for you, where did you get your pet barrier from. We've got two corgis and ive been looking for one.
I researched the heck out of these things and this was the best one for the price IMO.
I got mine off amazon but Walmart also carries it. Sorry to say it is currently out of stock in both places. A google search may turn one up somewhere else or maybe they will restock soon.

Amazon.com : Fully Adjustable Mesh Pet Barrier : Automotive Pet Barriers : Pet Supplies Amazon.com : Fully Adjustable Mesh Pet Barrier : Automotive Pet Barriers : Pet Supplies

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fully-Adju...rrier/29223597
Old 08-21-14, 10:01 AM
LFIL
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitana
I installed a pet barrier to keep my doodle off the leather seats which also worked very well during the trip. The only complaint is the lame "beep beep" horn, WTF?! I got to find this out when a car pulled right out in front of me into the far left lane from the 7-11 I luckily had room to swerve into the turning lane. The GX and trailer handled beautifully. The pathetic horn not so much. Next mod will be an air horn!
We also have a doodle (golden) and use this
Amazon.com : Petego Car Seat Protector, Rear, Tan : Automotive Pet Seat Covers : Pet Supplies Amazon.com : Petego Car Seat Protector, Rear, Tan : Automotive Pet Seat Covers : Pet Supplies
on the back seat where he rides. He wears a harness with a strap that snaps into the seat belt holder like a seat belt in case of an accident. Fits great and prevents scratches. He doesn't slide around on it.
Old 08-21-14, 11:12 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

Kitana,

That color looks incredible. Sounds like you are liking the GX, hopefully your hubby warms up the interior wood accents, ha ha.

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
I am a corgi owner as well. Have fun cleaning up the interior when those guys go for a ride. Mine sheds so bad she could be in there for a 5 minute ride and it is covered in fur.
Old 08-21-14, 11:38 AM
Kitana
Driver

Originally Posted by patgilm
Kitana,

That color looks incredible. Sounds like you are liking the GX, hopefully your hubby warms up the interior wood accents, ha ha.

Yes Pat. We are very happy with our choice. My DH loves the GX including the wood accents and sneaks it out every chance he gets now of course.

I am a corgi owner as well. Have fun cleaning up the interior when those guys go for a ride. Mine sheds so bad she could be in there for a 5 minute ride and it is covered in fur.
That was one of our main reasons for getting a labradoodle. He does not shed unless he is being groomed. He leaves the GX much cleaner than my two boys. Now if I can get him to stop smudging the back window with his nose.