GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 GX Premium

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-14, 12:14 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitana
Would love to talk to both of you then, if you could give me some details it would be much appreciated. I want the Premium package as well. I went into Pohanka in Chantilly Va for a quick peek in December and got one of their lead sellers. She was a bit pushy for my taste and came off a little invasive. Thai at Lindsay sounds like my kind of guy. I am also friends with Bob who is a manager in their Collision Center. I am lucky to live within 25 miles of 3 Lexus dealerships.
Your new ride looks great btw Moonlite.
I actually had a good experience at Pohanka. I dealt with an older woman named Sally and to me she was very good to me. The salespersons name is at Lindsay is Thai Tran. Give him a call and see what he can do for you based on what we paid.
Old 02-23-14, 12:17 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Paddyspub
I am new to this forum but have been doing a bit of research lately on the 2014 GX. If fact my wife and I are planning to test drive one tomorrow. I am currently driving a 2011 LR4. Lease is up in a few months and am facing the very real possibility of new tires and brakes and am not super interested in putting upwards of 3k into a car that I'm giving back in a few months. Anyway, just curious as to what other vehicles you either came from or considered prior to choosing the GX. I would most likely opt for a 2014 LR4 but you can't hardly find them, Very limited inventory right now. I am curious to see the size of the GX in person. We really love the size of the LR4.
So I don't highjack this thread, I sent you a PM.
Old 02-23-14, 01:38 PM
Kitana
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
I actually had a good experience at Pohanka. I dealt with an older woman named Sally and to me she was very good to me. The salespersons name is at Lindsay is Thai Tran. Give him a call and see what he can do for you based on what we paid.
Thanks Pat! I read some of Thai's reviews and he sounds like the kind of salesperson I prefer to deal with. It was not Sally I met at Pohanka. Now the question is to order the colors I want or wait and see what is around in April/May when I was planing on purchasing.
Old 02-24-14, 07:53 AM
Moonlite
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kitana
Thanks Pat! I read some of Thai's reviews and he sounds like the kind of salesperson I prefer to deal with. It was not Sally I met at Pohanka. Now the question is to order the colors I want or wait and see what is around in April/May when I was planing on purchasing.
Thai is very easy to deal with fr my experience. First, I emailed him and asked to match the deal with Pat he said no problem later on a manager at Lexus of Rockville gave me a better deal, I called Thai and told him: "I am ready to order a car in Rockville". After 2 minutes of waiting to check with his manager to match the price; they said ok come over sign the order.

I went to Pohanka they're prefer to sale a car on their lot than order. It wasted my time.
I called Lexus of Silver Spring their price was too high.

I would call him and ask to match my deal if you can wait like me.

Good luck with your deal

Last edited by Moonlite; 02-24-14 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-24-14, 09:13 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased my first GX at Pohanka and it was an okay experience. The service department was
Old 02-24-14, 01:03 PM
gzorn
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So, realized I did not get the exhaust tip and Club Sewell has 2 different ones, $70 and $105.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...X460-2014.html

The only difference I see is straight tip or angled. Which do people like?
Old 02-24-14, 01:07 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by gzorn
So, realized I did not get the exhaust tip and Club Sewell has 2 different ones, $70 and $105.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...X460-2014.html

The only difference I see is straight tip or angled. Which do people like?
I just went through this. I ordered the angled one thinking that was the only difference. In fact it's larger and actually oval than the flat circle one for less money. I like it and kept it.

Randy B
Old 02-24-14, 01:07 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Wow this thread is taking on so many different directions.

I personally like the $70 one which is what I have. The $105 one looks like the F-Sport exhaust tip which is oval. I have seen it in person and I like the regular one myself.
Old 02-24-14, 02:07 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow this thread is taking on so many different directions.

I personally like the $70 one which is what I have. The $105 one looks like the F-Sport exhaust tip which is oval. I have seen it in person and I like the regular one myself.
Yeah but every bit as entertaining!
Old 02-24-14, 07:34 PM
Kitana
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonlite
Thai is very easy to deal with fr my experience. First, I emailed him and asked to match the deal with Pat he said no problem later on a manager at Lexus of Rockville gave me a better deal, I called Thai and told him: "I am ready to order a car in Rockville". After 2 minutes of waiting to check with his manager to match the price; they said ok come over sign the order.

I went to Pohanka they're prefer to sale a car on their lot than order. It wasted my time.
I called Lexus of Silver Spring their price was too high.

I would call him and ask to match my deal if you can wait like me.

Good luck with your deal
(QUOTE) Wow this thread is taking on so many different directions.

(QUOTE) I personally like the $70 one which is what I have. The $105 one looks like the F-Sport exhaust tip which is oval. I have seen it in person and I like the regular one myself.

Good info though! I had that on my order wish list as well. I will order it from CS instead. Now what to do about the trailer hitch?

Ordering exactly what I want sounds the way to go then. I would rather wait a few months and get what I want at a good deal since I keep my vehicles 8-10 years.
Thank you both for the info. Should I tell him Pat and Moonlight sent me.

Last edited by Kitana; 02-24-14 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-25-14, 12:13 PM
cubu
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy, do you mind posting a picture of it from the back?

Originally Posted by Randy B
I just went through this. I ordered the angled one thinking that was the only difference. In fact it's larger and actually oval than the flat circle one for less money. I like it and kept it.

Randy B
Old 02-25-14, 12:15 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default As requested.....

Originally Posted by cubu
Randy, do you mind posting a picture of it from the back?
A few different views.

Randy B
Attached Thumbnails 2014 GX Premium-exhaust-1.jpg   2014 GX Premium-exhaust-2.jpg   2014 GX Premium-exhaust-3.jpg   2014 GX Premium-exhaust-4.jpg  

Last edited by Randy B; 02-25-14 at 05:59 PM.