GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 GX Premium

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-14, 11:54 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I had my Bridgestone tires removed and traded them for Michelin LTX M/S2's. I had the OEM Michelin tires on my 2010 and they did wear fast. Traded in with 15,000 miles and I don't think they would have made it to 25,000 miles. The LTX M/S2's are much better in the snow and ice.
Old 02-21-14, 11:54 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonlite
Attachment 316548

I can't upload more than 1 the file only 480 kb
Looks great, congratulations!
Old 02-21-14, 12:51 PM
Moonlite
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I wouldn't be so happy with those tires as I just took mine off because I disliked them so much and I agree, thats a ton of wheel weights, shows it's not a good tire.
I'm happy because it's so soft and smooth sailing on these tires.
I agreed with you there are so much wheel weights & look horrible you can't decline them & asking for a less wheel weights.
Old 02-21-14, 01:03 PM
Moonlite
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by patgilm
Agreed. Not that I am not happy with the factory Michelins for the ride but I dislike them because they wear out so fast.
Pat, thank you for your info about salesman at Lindsay. I got my gx fr Thai with a great price.
I contacted him and said you got your with 500 over invoice and Thai matched the same deal and later on he even went below invoice.
What can I do if they wear fast just replace them but for now I love them & enjoy the smoothness of these tires.
Old 02-21-14, 03:31 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

Pat, thank you for your info about salesman at Lindsay. I got my gx fr Thai with a great price.
I contacted him and said you got your with 500 over invoice and Thai matched the same deal and later on he even went below invoice.
What can I do if they wear fast just replace them but for now I love them & enjoy the smoothness of these tires.
Sounds like a great deal! Glad it worked out for you.
Old 02-21-14, 07:08 PM
Paddyspub
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to this forum but have been doing a bit of research lately on the 2014 GX. If fact my wife and I are planning to test drive one tomorrow. I am currently driving a 2011 LR4. Lease is up in a few months and am facing the very real possibility of new tires and brakes and am not super interested in putting upwards of 3k into a car that I'm giving back in a few months. Anyway, just curious as to what other vehicles you either came from or considered prior to choosing the GX. I would most likely opt for a 2014 LR4 but you can't hardly find them, Very limited inventory right now. I am curious to see the size of the GX in person. We really love the size of the LR4.
Old 02-22-14, 05:50 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm happy because it's so soft and smooth sailing on these tires.
I agreed with you there are so much wheel weights & look horrible you can't decline them & asking for a less wheel weights.
My point to the wheel weights is not looks its due to a tire that is not a good tire. The less weights you have = a better manufactured tire. Many people have reported a vibration especially when the tires are cold, myself included and that again due to the tire. If you like them so much I have a set for sale if you are looking for a second set. LOL
Old 02-22-14, 02:07 PM
Paddyspub
Driver School Candidate

Successful test drive today. I was impressed with the size and interior space of the GX. Not super crazy about the rear hatch door but not a deal breaker. Drive was smooth and very quiet cabin. I would definitely make this a replacement for my LR4. Now just waiting to see what kind of numbers the dealership comes up with for a deal.
Old 02-22-14, 05:22 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paddyspub
I am new to this forum but have been doing a bit of research lately on the 2014 GX. If fact my wife and I are planning to test drive one tomorrow. I am currently driving a 2011 LR4. Lease is up in a few months and am facing the very real possibility of new tires and brakes and am not super interested in putting upwards of 3k into a car that I'm giving back in a few months. Anyway, just curious as to what other vehicles you either came from or considered prior to choosing the GX. I would most likely opt for a 2014 LR4 but you can't hardly find them, Very limited inventory right now. I am curious to see the size of the GX in person. We really love the size of the LR4.
Paddyspub I believe you are hijacking the OP's thread but I'll answer anyway. I have owned (1) ML, (2) MDXs, (1) GL350, and (1) GX 470. There is absolutely nothing, and I mean NOTHING that compares to the ride and feel of a German vehicle. With that out the way, I'd say hands down, the GX is better in almost every other way. Many people praise Acura and although a good vehicle, it is nowhere near the refinement and overall luxurious feel of the GX 460. Specifically I traded in a 2013 MDX for the 2014 GX (no negative equity) and was quite shocked at the size difference between the two vehicles. This was evident the moment I pulled the GX into the garage and there was a lot more room than what I was used to. I looked up the specs and sure enough the MDX is longer and wider. I can't tell while sitting in the GX so no complaints on the size. As for the barn door, well it wasn;t an issue on my 04 GX and it's not an issue now.
Old 02-22-14, 05:28 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

I am currently driving a 2011 LR4. We really love the size of the LR4.
Have you looked at the Range Rover Sport? Not sure how it stacks up against the GX 460 but that is a one nice looking vehicle. The LR purist are complaining about the introduction of the V6 but gas mileage has increased quite a bit.

Last edited by GX4704ME; 02-22-14 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-22-14, 05:40 PM
Paddyspub
Driver School Candidate

I'm sorry if you think I "hijacked" this thread. Not my intention. I'm not really interested in the RR sport since it is basically the same size as Jeep GC. Not to mention the price really starts to soar with a nicely equipped model. The SE model (base) doesn't even come with a heated steering wheel at 65k! Just one example. I think we are really leaning heavily towards the GX. The sales advisor I spoke to today mentioned a 24 hour test drive option that would allow me to take the vehicle home overnight to really look it over. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-22-14, 06:35 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

I'm sorry if you think I "hijacked" this thread. Not my intention. I'm not really interested in the RR sport since it is basically the same size as Jeep GC. Not to mention the price really starts to soar with a nicely equipped model. The SE model (base) doesn't even come with a heated steering wheel at 65k! Just one example. I think we are really leaning heavily towards the GX. The sales advisor I spoke to today mentioned a 24 hour test drive option that would allow me to take the vehicle home overnight to really look it over. Thanks for the feedback.
You can't go wrong with a GX!
Old 02-22-14, 06:53 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

WOW, this thread has taken several paths.LOL
Old 02-22-14, 11:02 PM
Kitana
Driver

[Quote]=Originally Posted by Moonlite View Post
I contacted him and said you got your with 500 over invoice and Thai matched the same deal and later on he even went below invoice.[Quote]

Originally Posted by patgilm
Sounds like a great deal! Glad it worked out for you.
Would love to talk to both of you then, if you could give me some details it would be much appreciated. I want the Premium package as well. I went into Pohanka in Chantilly Va for a quick peek in December and got one of their lead sellers. She was a bit pushy for my taste and came off a little invasive. Thai at Lindsay sounds like my kind of guy. I am also friends with Bob who is a manager in their Collision Center. I am lucky to live within 25 miles of 3 Lexus dealerships.
Your new ride looks great btw Moonlite.

Last edited by Kitana; 02-23-14 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-23-14, 03:40 AM
gzorn
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So I picked up the SUV on Friday afternoon and am getting used to it. Still need to work through all the configuration settings to my liking, adding radio stations and such...

It was down to the Acura MDX, Infiniti QX60 and the GX.

The MDX was a nice car but the rear seat configuration did not feel right for the dogs and did not seem as comfortable to me.

The Infiniti offers a lot more tech for the same money. There were 3 issues. Wife is 5'3 so the drivers seat configuration did not work as well for her. The seat did not raise as high as she would like and the right hand drivers arm rest did not exist when she was in position, it does not slide forward like the GX, could be uncomfortable for a long drive. Also we sometime have older people riding with us. For the 2nd row they only have the overhead grab bar to help getting in, the GX has one on the door frame. A lot easier for them to grab.

Quick Reply: 2014 GX Premium