GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Got my new GX, looking to make GX forum more active

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-14, 12:28 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got my new GX, looking to make GX forum more active

Why isn't there more chatter on the GX forum? Considering the new 2014 model, seemingly high demand, and long wait reported by many, I would think the board would be more active. I remember the GS forum went bonkers when the 2013 GS350 F Sport dropped.

Hopefully on Tuesday I will take delivery of a 2014 Tungsten Pearl/Ecru Luxury GX 460 Luxury with Mark Levison, Remote Start, and a few other goodies! Can't wait!
Old 02-14-14, 01:07 PM
Revnitup
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess were all out enjoying our New 14' GX's to much. Most things seem to have been covered by now on the 14' GX in the forums. Congrats on the new ride be sure to post up some pictures and congrats.
Old 02-14-14, 01:24 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

That's great to hear as a quiet board is certainly a sign of satisfaction! I will definitely post pictures
Old 02-14-14, 01:28 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4704ME
That's great to hear as a quiet board is certainly a sign of satisfaction! I will definitely post pictures
Most late model GX owners are older women/men. Give it a couple more years until the 2nd hand owners start showing up.
Old 02-14-14, 03:57 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Why isn't there more chatter on the GX forum? Considering the new 2014 model, seemingly high demand, and long wait reported by many, I would think the board would be more active. I remember the GS forum went bonkers when the 2013 GS350 F Sport dropped.

Hopefully on Tuesday I will take delivery of a 2014 Tungsten Pearl/Ecru Luxury GX 460 Luxury with Mark Levison, Remote Start, and a few other goodies! Can't wait!
Congratulations! I traded in my 2010 GX 460 Premium for a 2014 GX 460 Luxury Tungsten Pearl/Black.
No problems to report with either vehicle.
Old 02-14-14, 11:52 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Congratulations on getting a 2014 GX. We are enjoying our GX as well. So far so great...
Old 02-15-14, 06:39 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Craig and Trexus how is the ML in the 2014?

Now to the dreaded question...what don't you like about the 14 GX?
Old 02-15-14, 07:32 AM
seiclan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my new 2014 GX Luxury Black/Sepia. It's my second GX as I also have a '06 GX Cypress Pearl/Ecru that I am holding onto for my kids to use when they visit (yah, I'm older).

So far my complaint is the lesser amount of cargo space in the new GX. In the old I can take out the third row entirely and fold up the second row creating a huge amount of space. The new one loses about 7 inches top to bottom to accommodate the seats folding flat. Also the second row only folds flat and not forward too.

I am not sure I like the way the new bluetooth stores the favorite contacts/speed dial either. In the old car it was one button to push and the system was dialing. In the new I have to select favorites then scroll down to contact, then choose which number to call...three steps until dialing.

I haven't experimented with the NAV much yet.

I love the cross traffic warning lights (BSM) when backing up.

Overall, so far, so good.
Old 02-15-14, 01:21 PM
Craig B

The ML is the same as my 2010 except now, it has Bluetooth audio and HD radio. My 2014 doesn't get as many MPG as my 2010 for some reason. I only have 1300 miles so far. I really like the blind spot monitor and cross traffic alert. The brakes don't have to be held down as hard at a stop light and seems to shift smoother than my 2010 also. They should have installed an 8 speed transmission for 2014. The fuel mileage isn't great.
Old 02-15-14, 10:27 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

The ML system is awesome. Haven't really had a chance to really use it, my girlfriend drive the GX 99% of the time. When we take trips to Vegas I use it but I haven't had a chance to fully experience the ML system by myself with CD's I want to listen to it's full potential.

As far as a dislike I would always read about how the barn door is not correctly opened the correct way. Now I truly understand. The barn door opens the wrong way. If you are parked next to a curb you have to go around the rear door to get to the curb. If there is a vehicle behind you then you're in a bind.

One thing I always wanted was the radar cruise control. I got spoiled with my CT having the radar cruise control, it's an awesome option to have.

I think those are the only two things I dislike about the GX.
Old 02-16-14, 07:41 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by Trexus
The ML system is awesome. Haven't really had a chance to really use it, my girlfriend drive the GX 99% of the time. When we take trips to Vegas I use it but I haven't had a chance to fully experience the ML system by myself with CD's I want to listen to it's full potential.

As far as a dislike I would always read about how the barn door is not correctly opened the correct way. Now I truly understand. The barn door opens the wrong way. If you are parked next to a curb you have to go around the rear door to get to the curb. If there is a vehicle behind you then you're in a bind.

One thing I always wanted was the radar cruise control. I got spoiled with my CT having the radar cruise control, it's an awesome option to have.

You could have ordered the radar cruise control on the GX. It comes on some kind of driver support package as well as crash alert. My dealer said it would take an extra 90 days for a special order, so I didn't order it.
Old 02-16-14, 07:49 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B

You could have ordered the radar cruise control on the GX. It comes on some kind of driver support package as well as crash alert. My dealer said it would take an extra 90 days for a special order, so I didn't order it.
I have it and did have to wait for the special order. I do like it.

Randy B
Old 02-16-14, 08:53 AM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy B
I have it and did have to wait for the special order. I do like it.

Randy B
I have it as well and I like it too. I have never tested the forward collision warning thankfully haha.
Old 02-16-14, 09:11 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

I have radar cruise and collision mitigation braking system on my current vehicle. I've used the radar cruise control a few times and found it to be a useful feature. I hope to never use the collision mitigation braking system even though it is reassuring to know it's there if needed. However, I'm okay giving up both on Tuesday when I pick up the GX.
Old 02-16-14, 09:24 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Trexus

Back in the day no one ever questioned the superiority of the ML. Critics often considered it as THE best or one of the best automotive stereos in the market. The ML was often used as a benchmark for other automotive stereos. However, based on reading countless forum posts for various Lexus models, it seems the quality (and satisfaction) of the ML system has gone way down in recent years. Perhaps Lexus has decreased the gap between the base stereo and upgraded ML. I remember when I first heard the stereo in the 13 GS350 F Sport. I was convinced it was ML until I saw the window sticker which listed it as base.

Thanks for sharing your opinion of the ML in the 14 GX. I truly hope it's just as stellar as the ML that was in my 04 GX.

Last edited by GX4704ME; 02-16-14 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Got my new GX, looking to make GX forum more active