Got my new GX, looking to make GX forum more active

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-14, 02:19 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default But your Canadian....

Originally Posted by Quadro
It's nice to have some other younger folks driving the GX! I'm in my early 30s.
That makes you like 210, no?

Randy B
Old 02-26-14, 05:42 AM
shane4x4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm driving an '07 470, I'm in the 'second owner' category. I'm also (almost) 40
Old 02-27-14, 03:00 PM
Paddyspub
Driver School Candidate

So, I don't have it yet, but I came to an agreement in principal,and put down a deposit on a 2014 GX Starfire Pearl with Ecru. Premium, with nav, comfort package, blind spot monitor and cross traffic, and remote starter. Should be here in a couple weeks. I wanted Fire Agate or even Claret Mica but those are proving to be very elusive. I was flexible on exterior color but the Ecru interior was a must for me. Earlier this week while I was at the dealership I was told a Claret with ecru was available only to find out five minutes later it was already spoken for with a deposit.

I will be perfectly happy with the Starfire Pearl, wife is on the fence leaning towards not liking it but says I can have whatever color I want since it will be my car for the most part. There is still a chance a Fire Agate could come available in the next couple weeks. Either way I'm super excited and can't wait for it to get here.
Old 02-27-14, 04:28 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paddyspub
So, I don't have it yet, but I came to an agreement in principal,and put down a deposit on a 2014 GX Starfire Pearl with Ecru. Premium, with nav, comfort package, blind spot monitor and cross traffic, and remote starter. Should be here in a couple weeks. I wanted Fire Agate or even Claret Mica but those are proving to be very elusive. I was flexible on exterior color but the Ecru interior was a must for me. Earlier this week while I was at the dealership I was told a Claret with ecru was available only to find out five minutes later it was already spoken for with a deposit.

I will be perfectly happy with the Starfire Pearl, wife is on the fence leaning towards not liking it but says I can have whatever color I want since it will be my car for the most part. There is still a chance a Fire Agate could come available in the next couple weeks. Either way I'm super excited and can't wait for it to get here.
I'm super excited for you!!!! BTW, Claret/Ecru was my first color combination choice as well but they are hard to find. Loving the Tungsten/Ecru though
Old 03-08-14, 12:25 PM
Paddyspub
Driver School Candidate

My sales advisor just called and said my vehicle has arrived! Picking it up tomorrow and signing all the paperwork. It's about a week earlier than what he initially told me. Can't wait.
Old 03-08-14, 12:35 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Pictures or it didn't happen!
Old 03-08-14, 12:52 PM
Paddyspub
Driver School Candidate

I will post pics afterwards. If I can figure out how
Old 03-08-14, 04:41 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I will post pics afterwards. If I can figure out how
Congratulations!
Old 03-08-14, 06:19 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Congratulations. I have Starfire Pearl / Ecru. I am glad now that the Claret Mica was not available. I love the color combo. One word to the wise, jeans will rub off the color blue on the ecru seats. Just clean it with a good leather cleaner and then a good conditioner ( I just use Meguiars) when you wash the car. Not a problem if you don't let it get ahead of you. Good luck and I think the Starfire will really grow on you. Looks awesome when washed, clay barred and waxed. I have gotten lots of compliments on it.
Old 03-08-14, 06:33 PM
Paddyspub
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Herd72
Congratulations. I have Starfire Pearl / Ecru. I am glad now that the Claret Mica was not available. I love the color combo. One word to the wise, jeans will rub off the color blue on the ecru seats. Just clean it with a good leather cleaner and then a good conditioner ( I just use Meguiars) when you wash the car. Not a problem if you don't let it get ahead of you. Good luck and I think the Starfire will really grow on you. Looks awesome when washed, clay barred and waxed. I have gotten lots of compliments on it.
So, I'm going in tomorrow to pick up my new GX. As of now I have the Starfire Pearl with Ecru. However, I was looking (for fun) at the inventory listed for my dealership and I saw they "have" a Fire Agate with Sepia in stock. Fire Agate was my first exterior color choice but Ecru was my first interior color choice. I called my sales advisor to check on the availability of this Fire Agate GX. If it is available I want to compare side by side and make a decision when I get there tomorrow. If the Fire Agate isn't available for whatever reason then I will be happy with the Starfire Pearl.

And I'm with you on the wash and clay bar. Nothing better than clay bar the. A waxing. Makes all the difference!
Old 03-08-14, 06:37 PM
Paddyspub
Driver School Candidate

One word to the wise, jeans will rub off the color blue on the ecru seats.

My LR4 had basically the same color seats as the Ecru. LR calls it Almond. I haven't had any problems with color transfer. I do use the Meguiars leather wipes though.
Old 03-08-14, 07:18 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

One word to the wise, jeans will rub off the color blue on the ecru seats.

My LR4 had basically the same color seats as the Ecru. LR calls it Almond. I haven't had any problems with color transfer. I do use the Meguiars leather wipes though.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-for-14-a.html

Hidden comments.
Old 03-08-14, 07:58 PM
kealonnix
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys,

First post. Just picked up our 2014 Premium w/ Comfort Package Starfire Pearl w/ black interior. We traded in our 2014 problematic Acura MDX. I see that Randy B is active on this forum. We talked some over on mdxers.org

I have to say that this trade is one of the better decisions I have made. I lost quite a bit of money trading a car that new, but it had serious safety concerns that Acura was not addressing. We wanted a car that we could keep 10+ years and I think we found that vehicle. The overall quality just feels so much better than the Acura.

It was the best car buying experience I've ever had. Butler Lexus in Macon, GA stepped up to the plate and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend them.

We live almost 3 hours from the dealership (mostly interstate) and we got 20.5 mpg on the way home driving 70 (got pulled over on the way up, so I was gun-shy about speeding). I'm pleased with the mileage. We were only getting 24 mpg highway with the MDX

Look forward to getting to know you guys on here.

By the way, looks like I'm one of the young bucks too. I'm 28.

Last edited by kealonnix; 03-08-14 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-08-14, 08:10 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kealonnix
Hey Guys,

First post. Just picked up our 2014 Premium w/ Comfort Package Starfire Pearl w/ black interior. We traded in our 2014 problematic Acura MDX. I see that Randy B is active on this forum. We talked some over on mdxers.org

I have to say that this trade is one of the better decisions I have made. I lost quite a bit of money trading a car that new, but it had serious safety concerns that Acura was not addressing. We wanted a car that we could keep 10+ years and I think we found that vehicle. The overall quality just feels so much better than the Acura.

It was the best car buying experience I've ever had. Butler Lexus in Macon, GA stepped up to the plate and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend them.

We live almost 3 hours from the dealership (mostly interstate) and we got 20.5 mpg on the way home driving 70 (got pulled over on the way up, so I was gun-shy about speeding). I'm pleased with the mileage. We were only getting 24 mpg highway with the MDX

i am just curious, honda has big time issues, but what problems did the MDX have?
Old 03-08-14, 08:25 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by kealonnix
Hey Guys,

I think a new thread would be of value " MDX versus GX" please

Quick Reply: Got my new GX, looking to make GX forum more active