GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models
View Poll Results: Does your GX460 Lean?
Yes: Low on the passenger side
57.14%
Yes: Low on the driver side
10.44%
No, I've measured on a flat grade and it's even
32.42%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

KDSS Lean

Old 08-20-14, 08:54 PM
jct0518
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heard over a couple of Australian forums that dealers over there are installing a 5mm-10mm spacer to the front passenger side(where the car leans to) fixes the KDSS lean issues.

I ordered a set of 10mm spacers for current model year 4runner (same chasis as GX460 and LC Prado) and will try them on my Land Cruiser Prado VXL with air suspension and let you know the results next week.
Old 08-21-14, 06:53 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by VFR182
got the air ride, huge mistake as we dont tow, wife wanted options that only came with air ride. we have 30K on the vehicle from new. it has been in the dealership a dozen times over the leaning. it is so bad i cant believe when it goes around corners it doesnt bottom out the the passenger side. lexus is getting aggresive at corporate and threatened to send me to legal? i dont know what that means i havent asked for anything at all except my 75K truck to drive correctly. they said parts are 3 to 6 months away. wont provide a letter simply stating vehicle is safe for my family to drive under current condition. I am not in to attorneys and have never ever had an issue with a vehicle that is usually easily remedied but is it time to go for a lemon law deal over this? i dont think anyone wins but at the end of the day if i have suspension issues in first 2 years that have resulted in the dealership replacing all sorts of sensors trying to fix it should whats going to happen when out of warranty? really concerned i made a huge mistake and should have gotten a mercedes gl or something. Dealer offered to trade in on a new 2014 gx without airride then if you can believe this tried to tell me they were deducting 10K from the value of the 2013 due to the suspension issue!!!!! i almost lost my mind.

Im sorry about your issues, but your case is unique. Dont go the german route, it will be the same as this or worse when it ages.

I would invoke the lemon law. If they cant fix it after multiple times, they have to buy it back or replace it with a new one.
Old 08-21-14, 07:13 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
Im sorry about your issues, but your case is unique. Dont go the german route, it will be the same as this or worse when it ages.

I would invoke the lemon law. If they cant fix it after multiple times, they have to buy it back or replace it with a new one.
Minus mileage and any wear and tear above normal.
Old 08-21-14, 04:18 PM
askad007
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first you must check the ground because sometimes if stop your in level of ground the car will be lean to lower side.
Any here some people fix this problem by nice visiting to off-road and drive in short distance Rally. The car will fix it self. try first with dealer first.
Old 09-02-14, 12:30 PM
edikam
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem, noticed it was pulling to the right. Lexus did alignment, and it is better, but I noticed the right side is lower.
Old 09-04-14, 07:53 AM
redbrick
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think mine also has a slight lean to the passenger side... maybe ~1"...but I used a basic leveler to it. Overall... not noticeable but maybe a slight concern? The steering seems to pull to the right at times, but also not sure if the road has more to do with this.... just not sure... I guess that's what the LDA's for...
Old 09-04-14, 08:47 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

even on my 2014, one side wheel well is off by 1 inch or so compared to other.

If you take a level and put on rear bumper on even ground though, its level, go figure

its not noticeable however.

im curious how many 14's have this issue
Old 09-04-14, 09:15 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Fixed!!!

Sorry I didn't post earlier. I suspect I might have posted in another thread.

I picked up the GX 4 weeks ago or so. This fixed worked perfectly.

If your Lexus dealer says that cannot find the TSB, tell them to ask the Lexus field rep. If anyone needs more information, PM me and I will provide it.
The following 2 users liked this post by looknow12:
andres0603 (12-08-20), Sgmasel (08-23-21)
Old 09-04-14, 09:17 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by edikam
I have the same problem, noticed it was pulling to the right. Lexus did alignment, and it is better, but I noticed the right side is lower.
Edikam I cannot reply to your PM message. You must have that option turned off.
Old 09-04-14, 12:44 PM
edikam
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank you for trying

I am not sure how it works, but I will try to turn it on now.
Is there a TSB number? I spoke with one dealer and they said they heard about it but not sure and advise to sit tight until Lexus makes an official fix.
Car looks bad. I measured from the floor ro the edge of the fender and the difference if 48 millimeters between left and right front sides.
The following users liked this post:
Sgmasel (08-23-21)
Old 09-05-14, 04:36 PM
edikam
Driver School Candidate

Default Please respond

I have read all your messages and was wondering, how did it end, did they fix your car, or you are still dealing with it?
Please answer, I just dropped my 2014 GX460 at dealer, and received a phone call it is only 15 ml not 20 ml, so it is within specs. I told him I measured at home and it shows more than 20 ml. So I will have to go to dealer tomorrow to have technician measure it before me, so I can see.

Any information is very much appreciated.
Old 09-19-14, 07:20 PM
machine323
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

does this only apply to the premium model. i have a 2010 base model and have noticed mine leans to the right also. i measure 3/4 lower on the right side both front and rear. i have had it aligned but it pulls to the right. now granted that was done by a firestone tire place (nearest dealer is 3 hrs away) last time it was there was for a shimmy in the steering wheel at 60-70 mph. it still shimmies. they did manage to hit another car with mine. they painted the bumper but it does not match. still trying to work that out. i will never buy a lexus again.

Last edited by machine323; 09-20-14 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-20-14, 06:35 AM
redbrick
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by machine323
does this only apply to the premium model. i have a 2010 base model and have noticed mine leans to the right also. i measure 1/2 lower on the right side both front and rear. i have had it aligned but it pulls to the right. now granted that was done by a firestone tire place (nearest dealer is 3 hrs away) last time it was there was for a shimmy in the steering wheel at 60-70 mph. it still shimmies. they did manage to hit another car with mine. they painted the bumper but it does not match. still trying to work that out. i will never buy a lexus again.
Hate to dig into a brand, but I've had experience with firestone tires and quality... I had a bad new tire and thought it was alignment all along... until shop after shop of diagnosis did one finally figure out it was a bad tire... it did exactly as you describe... can't remember the term used....
The following users liked this post:
Sgmasel (08-23-21)
Old 09-20-14, 07:09 AM
machine323
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

2010 base leans 3/4 to the passenger side

Last edited by machine323; 09-20-14 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-20-14, 09:28 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Default i have the tsb wjll upload it soon

Give me a couple of days

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KDSS Lean