GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Ordering a GX

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-14, 09:25 PM
VicR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering a GX

Hello - been in the market for a new SUV and been lurking here for a few weeks. I had decided on a GX but am now having 2nd thoughts because I simply can't get one. Basically I'm being told by the dealer that they only get 1 or so a month and its a take it or leave it on the color/options.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with ordering a 14 GX. I'm not in a big hurry and I'm willing to travel if there is an order friendly dealer on the West coast you recommend. Any other thoughts or tips on ordering would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Vic
Old 01-02-14, 09:44 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Give Longo Lexus a try. They are the largest dealership on the west coast. Give Roni Parada a call and tell him Tracy referred you...
Old 01-03-14, 02:36 AM
Jbizzle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VicR
Hello - been in the market for a new SUV and been lurking here for a few weeks. I had decided on a GX but am now having 2nd thoughts because I simply can't get one. Basically I'm being told by the dealer that they only get 1 or so a month and its a take it or leave it on the color/options.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with ordering a 14 GX. I'm not in a big hurry and I'm willing to travel if there is an order friendly dealer on the West coast you recommend. Any other thoughts or tips on ordering would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Vic
I am not on the west coast, but recently had a specific color combo I wanted in a 2014 GX. My dealer, Westside Lexus in Houston, was able to find one that was already being produced, but was allocated to another dealer. They worked with that dealer to do a swap. Took about one month to receive my car - but we love it! I'd say there is no such thing as "take it or leave it," if the dealership wont work with you, go to another one!
Old 01-03-14, 04:12 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like your dealer is not hungry enough and giving you the run around. It has been my experience that any Lexus dealer can and will work with others to get whatever car they need by trading or swapping allocated vehicles or doing a custom order. I would try other dealers or even talk to the sales manger at the dealer you are working with to express your strong interest and see what happens.
Old 01-03-14, 05:40 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default I wanted the driver support package.

No dealer in the southeast will stock that option, as it makes the MSRP too high and they feel they will get stuck with it. I had five dealers tell me this. All said special order only. That was after they searched for all allocated build GXs and only found two of the Driver's Support package vehicles, and neither of the West Coast dealers (LA and Seattle) would give theirs up (I actually got to sit there while they placed the calls on speaker phone). That same dealer offered to change a GX he had in the pipeline that was not "build locked," as long as I put down a non-refundable deposit on it. We came to agreeable terms for the price of the GX and I put down $2000.00 in October. I got it exactly how I want it with no extras added on (Driver support package, RES, Preferred accessory package, and trailer hitch). It will be here 2/3-2/10/14.

This was my first Lexus build and order. Not a quick process by any means. I've had Mercedes and Porsche's built and shipped quicker. However their process and time is what it is. No way around it. I actually have a warm feeling with this dealer and they have treated me very good thus far. I've received biweekly updates since I ordered. Even received a Holiday card without receiving the GX yet. Means to me somebody is making extra efforts when they certainly did not have to.

Also, try using this link: http://www.yourlexusdealer.com/selec...=true&zipCode=

Search any areas close to where you are willing to drive and see if they have something in virtual inventory that meets your needs. This is not a dead certain inventory tool for Lexus, however it beats calling someone somewhat blind. I know I searched a couple of weeks ago and Southern California, Denver, and I believe Chicago had DS packages in the inventory for the region.

Randy B

Last edited by Randy B; 01-03-14 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-03-14, 06:05 AM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 01-04-14, 06:14 AM
VicR
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the info and especially for the inventory link. I spent the evening browsing most of the major metro markets on the west coast and have some calls to make today to see if we can work out a deal. I've also got a line on a used one that might fit the bill. Thanks again - Vic