GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

"P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-14, 11:17 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's

I ordered the "P" version of the above tire because I wanted to retain a nice soft ride and the most I'll ever tow is a Motorcycle and that will be very rare. I ordered them from Costco with no issues at all. They asked me what they were going on and advised me that they are bigger then OEM specs, I told them I know they will fit and there was no further conversation. They will be in tomorrow and I'll try to get them installed tomorrow if I get a chance. I'll post pictures when I can.
Old 02-19-14, 11:34 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

As it sits today (Buried in the snow for 3 weeks, hasn't moved)
Attached Thumbnails "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's-photo-3.jpg   "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's-photo-2.jpg   "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's-photo-1.jpg  
Old 02-19-14, 12:17 PM
Revnitup
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's crazy! Great Pics. Can't wait to see it with a size up in tread to.
Old 02-19-14, 12:30 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Revnitup
That's crazy! Great Pics. Can't wait to see it with a size up in tread to.
That's after a few days of melting snow, was much worse. I have been driving a 2010 GS AWD and I have to say that it's handled the snow ok, I wouldn't have wanted to drive through an unplowed parking lot but it did fine on traveled snow packed roads.
Old 02-19-14, 02:52 PM
SpokeBroke
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would have done the same thing, but I thought Costco would not allow it, so I got the LTX MS2's in OEM size. They are great. Will you need to replace the spare as well to match the tires?
Old 02-19-14, 03:31 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by SpokeBroke
I would have done the same thing, but I thought Costco would not allow it, so I got the LTX MS2's in OEM size. They are great. Will you need to replace the spare as well to match the tires?
I'm not going to replace the spare since I don't have a matching wheel for a spare. I'm not too concerned about the difference in size for a short trip to get a tire repaired due to a flat and I have another vehicle if it proves to be a longer process for some reason.
Old 02-19-14, 04:01 PM
SpokeBroke
Rookie

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I'm not going to replace the spare since I don't have a matching wheel for a spare. I'm not too concerned about the difference in size for a short trip to get a tire repaired due to a flat and I have another vehicle if it proves to be a longer process for some reason.
That makes sense. Please post photos - they will look great.
Old 02-20-14, 01:50 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Mounted and balanced, drove it a 1/8 if that of a mile back to my office and parked it again. I won't be driving it until March 1st. so I won't be able to give a review of how it drives until then but it sure felt better driving it across the parking lot! Pictures don't do it justice but to the naked eye it sure looks better to me. First picture is profile of OEM tire, Sencond is obviously new tire.
Attached Thumbnails "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's-photo-1.jpg   "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's-photo-2.jpg   "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's-photo-3.jpg   "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's-photo-4.jpg   "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's-photo-5.jpg  

Old 02-20-14, 03:58 PM
SpokeBroke
Rookie

That looks great. Visually, it fills out wheel wells.
Old 02-20-14, 04:23 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Here is a shot of when I tried to take it over to Costco, it didn't want to go.
Attached Thumbnails "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's-image.jpg  
Old 03-03-14, 12:58 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

UPDATE..... I've finally been driving it with the new tires for a few days and I rub. It's rubbing on the bolt on the inner fenderwell. It's the top bolt the connects the black running board flap to the inner fenderwell. It also looks like I'm rubbing a little at the bottom of the running board on the passenger side too. It's only on off camber turns, like pulling on to a driverway apron while the wheel is turned. Not sure why I am rubbing and others aren't, maybe because I got the "P" tires and not the "E" so there's more sidewall flex. It's not all that bad, I just have to be a little careful and I'll get it re-adjusted once it warms up a little. Just a little bumming because others reported no issues.
Old 03-03-14, 09:31 PM
frank69m
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
UPDATE..... I've finally been driving it with the new tires for a few days and I rub. It's rubbing on the bolt on the inner fenderwell. It's the top bolt the connects the black running board flap to the inner fenderwell. It also looks like I'm rubbing a little at the bottom of the running board on the passenger side too. It's only on off camber turns, like pulling on to a driverway apron while the wheel is turned. Not sure why I am rubbing and others aren't, maybe because I got the "P" tires and not the "E" so there's more sidewall flex. It's not all that bad, I just have to be a little careful and I'll get it re-adjusted once it warms up a little. Just a little bumming because others reported no issues.
This is odd. The difference between a 275 and 265 should be so minor. Although, it should be a tad taller of a tire also.
Old 03-04-14, 04:33 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Just curious, why didn't you go with the recommended size? Will Costco swap them out for the recommended size?
Old 03-04-14, 05:49 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Craig B
Just curious, why didn't you go with the recommended size? Will Costco swap them out for the recommended size?
I thought the OEM tire looked lost in the fenderwell and KOZ reported that they fit (He ran the "E" load range though) and I just think it looks a lot better with a taller and wider tire. Yes, Costco put them on, they questioned the difference in size, I told them I knew they would fit and then they told me they won't be better in the snow than OEM size due to being a wider tire and I told them I was ok with that and that was the end of the discussion. It is quiter and rides so much nicer than the OEM tires. I'll get the rubbing handled once it warms up a bit and I can see what adjustments I can make, it's not my first time with stuffing tires and having rubbing issues.
Old 03-04-14, 06:20 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I recall correctly Koz had to take a heat gun to the fenders to avoid rubbing. But he had no choice since he wanted E rated tire. That was the main reason I've got OEM size MS/2 (P rated).

Quick Reply: "P"275-65-18 LTX MS2's