GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 GX460 Price Paid

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-15, 02:47 PM
ServiceGuy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yume316
I just got offer all of a sudden from same dealer that wasted my time.

Base with Navigation
52k Drive out including TTL (TTL is roughly 3500 in Texas for this car)

Premium Package
55,700 Drive out Including TTL

What do you guys think ?

Thanks
more info needed..
Old 01-31-15, 03:04 PM
dmccombs
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yume316
I just got offer all of a sudden from same dealer that wasted my time.

Base with Navigation
52k Drive out including TTL (TTL is roughly 3500 in Texas for this car)

Premium Package
55,700 Drive out Including TTL

What do you guys think ?

Thanks
It sounds like the slow time of the year hit, and the dealer realized that customers don't grow on trees.

It is hard to tell if you are getting a good deal without knowing the exact options on the 2 cars.

Personally, I hate when dealers show a lack of integrity, like he did with you previously. He would have to have the EXACT GX, I wanted, in order to even think of going back. And if he did have the GX I wanted, I would drive the hardest friggin deal I think he would accept, and then some.

What he pulled with you before is unacceptable. He told you one thing, had you come in, then reneged. He wasted your time so he could squeeze a little more profit out. He thought he had the power then, and he tried to bend you over the railing. Its his turn to pull his pants down and bend over.

If you deal with him, I wouldn't waste my time going in. Drive a hard bargain via email, get his build sheet, and the FULL offer in writing via email. Then, and only then, go in. Drive the bargain YOU want. He obviously has some GXs now, and no customers.

Sorry, if it sounds harsh, but you asked. ;-) I think you were kind in even opening his email at this point.
Old 01-31-15, 06:41 PM
yume316
Driver School Candidate

The guy that called me was internet sales manager so different than the person i dealt with. He said price he offered me would be good on monday even though today is last day of the month. I'm assuming I might have a little more wiggle room.

Here are the options for the "PREMIUM PACKAGE" $55,750 (including TTL which is 3350)

Features

A/C
Aluminum Wheels
Back-Up Camera
Blind Spot Monitor
Blind Spot Monitor W/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Bluetooth Connection
Bucket Seats
Cooled Front Seat(S)
Exhaust Tip (Pio)
Fog Lamps
Headlamp Washers
Heated Front Seat(S)
Heated Rear Seat(S)
Intermittent Wipers
Leather Steering Wheel
Mahogany Wood
Navigation System
Preferred Accessory Package
Premium Package
Rain Sensing Wipers
Rear A/C
Rear Parking Aid
Telematics
Tow Hitch
Towing Hitch W/Ball Mount (Pio)
Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers
Wheel Locks
Old 02-04-15, 08:12 AM
dirkpitt73
Driver School Candidate

New owner here, wanted to add my experience. Bought a 2015 GX 460 base model over the weekend (last day of the month). Negotiated vehicle price before TTL was $46,698 and got a more than fair value for my trade. Three rounds of negotiating, they said no, can't do it after round 2 and then came back with that about :30 before close. Probably not the best deal ever, but I feel good about it and love the car (though I rarely drive it). Very positive dealer experience.
Old 02-04-15, 08:46 AM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 2015 Premium package

I bought my 2015 GX 460 Premium Package on 2/1/15. The sticker price was $56180. Paid $51000 plus Tax, Title and Tag. There was no dealership fee. total OTD was 54400.

Bought it from Lexus of Orlando. Made the deal over the phone. Best experience ever as dealer did not push for anything.
Old 02-11-15, 10:07 AM
janmy7
Rookie

Anybody in NYC area can provide some price reference or the experience?
Old 02-11-15, 12:42 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by janmy7
Anybody in NYC area can provide some price reference or the experience?
Not sure if Smithtown is too far. Have bought several models from them over the years, and have a no nonsense salesman out there. Will give numbers over the phone and follow up with email. You do need to know what you want though and what the numbers you are willing to pay for it in advance. Neither side wastes time this way.

If that's not too far, I'll PM you his info.

Randy B
Old 02-11-15, 02:08 PM
janmy7
Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy B
Not sure if Smithtown is too far. Have bought several models from them over the years, and have a no nonsense salesman out there. Will give numbers over the phone and follow up with email. You do need to know what you want though and what the numbers you are willing to pay for it in advance. Neither side wastes time this way.

If that's not too far, I'll PM you his info.

Randy B
I don't mind go far if they have better deal. I drove from NYC to CT look for a GS350 before.
I'd been Lexus Smithtown once before when I was looking for the CPO GS350 on 2010. It's around 1.5 hr drive from my area. It's acceptable distance range. lol.
However, I had a bad experience with the salesman over there. The sales that I met for the GS350 told me that the price show on tag is non negotiable. You can only test drive if you accpet that price then walked away. He just doesn't want to spend a time with the customer. I was shocked by the sales' word.
Also Lexus in Northern BLVD has one sales like that too.
Anyway, Pls pm me his info. I would like to try.
Old 02-12-15, 01:57 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GX460 price paid

Mine is 2015 Luxury Edition with Mark Levinson, a set of all weather and carpeted mats, plus the cargo mats. Sticker: $63160. Paid: $58300, before TTL. Also got Front Guard Full +, which includes front bumper, hood, fenders, rear view mirrors, and door edge guards, plus the cupped areas behind the door handles. Dealer option, but was included in the total price.
Old 02-14-15, 01:43 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

I didn't get as good as a deal as a lot of you guys here but dealers in my area (Seattle) weren't budging on price . Most importantly, we go the color and package/options we wanted. 2015 GX Starfire Pearl/Black Premium package $2500 off MSRP.
Old 02-16-15, 11:09 AM
Kolt45
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by msgs350
I didn't get as good as a deal as a lot of you guys here but dealers in my area (Seattle) weren't budging on price . Most importantly, we go the color and package/options we wanted. 2015 GX Starfire Pearl/Black Premium package $2500 off MSRP.
That exactly what we just ordered about a week ago. We tried Lexus of Seattle, Bellevue, Fife and Portland. All of the dealers in the area are holding onto that MSRP with a death grip. We got $1,200 of MSRP and $750 Military rebate.

2015 GX Starfire Pearl w/ Black interior
Premium package
Blind spot monitor
Headlamp washers
Premium steering wheel/shift ****
cargo mat/net/wheel locks
Tow package
Lifetime wash/vacuum

We probably could have negotiated a better deal but we only have one car right now and needed it sooner than later. We ended up going with Fife because they gave us the same deal that Bellevue was going to give us and they included lifetime wash and vacuum (which my wife will use all the time). Fife is also much closer to us than any of the other dealers.

We should be receiving it around mid March.
Old 02-17-15, 12:52 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Kolt45
That exactly what we just ordered about a week ago. We tried Lexus of Seattle, Bellevue, Fife and Portland. All of the dealers in the area are holding onto that MSRP with a death grip. We got $1,200 of MSRP and $750 Military rebate.

2015 GX Starfire Pearl w/ Black interior
Premium package
Blind spot monitor
Headlamp washers
Premium steering wheel/shift ****
cargo mat/net/wheel locks
Tow package
Lifetime wash/vacuum

We probably could have negotiated a better deal but we only have one car right now and needed it sooner than later. We ended up going with Fife because they gave us the same deal that Bellevue was going to give us and they included lifetime wash and vacuum (which my wife will use all the time). Fife is also much closer to us than any of the other dealers.

We should be receiving it around mid March.
Congrats! I think you got the unit I was originally going to get . We should get our mid-march also!
Old 02-18-15, 11:28 AM
Khandfw
Driver

Anyone leasing? If so what deal are yall getting?

Appreciate the help
Old 02-19-15, 11:15 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Khandfw
Anyone leasing? If so what deal are yall getting?

Appreciate the help
I got in while they were offering the 27 month lease terms. Plus I was able to get the mileage down to 7,500/yr.

I don't remember the money factor or residual, but obviously with fewer miles and a shorter timeframe, they're fine.

I believe during that promotion, it was 27 months for the "base" model with $3,999 due at signing for $499/month. (before TTL)

Of course they didn't have the base model, and I didn't want that, so I ended up with the Luxury model (because that is all they had).

I wanted out of "owning" cars, so I took my cash from the GS and ran. I'm much happier now.
Old 02-20-15, 05:53 AM
Khandfw
Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28

I believe during that promotion, it was 27 months for the "base" model with $3,999 due at signing for $499/month. (before TTL).
Thanks, that's what the promotion has been... trying to see what deals people getting here on the forum.

Quick Reply: 2014 GX460 Price Paid