GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 GX460 Price Paid

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-14, 09:53 AM
Spoonito
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just looking at is it doesn't seem like the are charging TDA. I will verify.
Old 01-19-14, 06:27 PM
closenough
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Of course they are charging a TDA. But the TDA only shows as a line item on the invoice, or vehicle inquiry report, not on the sticker. Your listing is simply a copy of the monroney sticker with the discount off of msrp they are offering you.

How much over invoice, including tda, is this offer?
Old 01-20-14, 12:24 PM
jepva
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, new owner here!

Originally looked at some pre-owned GX 460's but with the values of these things we decided to go new and lease.

Black on black w/ Nav and the blind spot monitoring, $52,850 msrp

We got the car for $49,500 and we also got the dealer to waive their outrageous doc fee of $499. The trade-in allowance we received was also pretty solid so we were happy with the deal. Overall, for how low stock there is out there and the demand of these things I think we got a fair deal.

For anyone who wants to know..it's 67% residual on 27 month lease with .00080 factor, 36 goes to 58. This is for 10k/year. The money factor doubles over to .00180 if you want the premium package or a luxury trim. Since Lexus allows you to extend the lease and just keep paying if you want to (while also lowering the residual), there is no really no reason to go with the 36 month lease..might as well take less risk and do the 27.

I highly recommend brushing up on leasing and knowing your facts. The Lexus dealers try to hide everything and will try to milk everything they can out of the lease (like marking up factors). Also, the $499/mo deal Lexus advertises (with $3999 down) is on a base model that has the dealer discounting from $49k to $45k, but don't expect the dealer to chip in $5k on anything but that base model.

Also, at least in my area (mid atlantic), demand for these is high and some people are happy to pay only slightly below MSRP. I don't know what it is about Lexus' client base but apparently some of these people don't care what they pay (seems like a lot of older / retired people with cash to burn) but it was hard to find a dealer that will discount much at all due to these factors.

One thing I noticed - it seems like Lexus has changed the options structure at the beginning of the year. If you go to the online site and also look at incoming inventory, the premium package is gone and there is now just Nav, Nav w/ blind spot, or the "Comfort Package". I don't know what their reasoning is but I wonder how this will affect the lease deals going forward since there is no premium anymore.
Old 01-20-14, 02:07 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Very different around the country on packages.

Originally Posted by jepva
Hey guys, new owner here!

Originally looked at some pre-owned GX 460's but with the values of these things we decided to go new and lease.

Black on black w/ Nav and the blind spot monitoring, $52,850 msrp

We got the car for $49,500 and we also got the dealer to waive their outrageous doc fee of $499. The trade-in allowance we received was also pretty solid so we were happy with the deal. Overall, for how low stock there is out there and the demand of these things I think we got a fair deal.

For anyone who wants to know..it's 67% residual on 27 month lease with .00080 factor, 36 goes to 58. This is for 10k/year. The money factor doubles over to .00180 if you want the premium package or a luxury trim. Since Lexus allows you to extend the lease and just keep paying if you want to (while also lowering the residual), there is no really no reason to go with the 36 month lease..might as well take less risk and do the 27.

I highly recommend brushing up on leasing and knowing your facts. The Lexus dealers try to hide everything and will try to milk everything they can out of the lease (like marking up factors). Also, the $499/mo deal Lexus advertises (with $3999 down) is on a base model that has the dealer discounting from $49k to $45k, but don't expect the dealer to chip in $5k on anything but that base model.

Also, at least in my area (mid atlantic), demand for these is high and some people are happy to pay only slightly below MSRP. I don't know what it is about Lexus' client base but apparently some of these people don't care what they pay (seems like a lot of older / retired people with cash to burn) but it was hard to find a dealer that will discount much at all due to these factors.

One thing I noticed - it seems like Lexus has changed the options structure at the beginning of the year. If you go to the online site and also look at incoming inventory, the premium package is gone and there is now just Nav, Nav w/ blind spot, or the "Comfort Package". I don't know what their reasoning is but I wonder how this will affect the lease deals going forward since there is no premium anymore.
Packages are unique throughout the country. What you can build where you are is different then what I can build. If you use the Lexus.com website, and input different zip codes from around the country you will see what I mean. This is especially true where Toyota is the importer, or where there is a middle importer like Southeast Toyota (SET), Gulf States Toyota, Etc.

Randy B

Last edited by Randy B; 01-20-14 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-20-14, 03:35 PM
jepva
Driver School Candidate

Ah that is good to know. Lexus has made the packages very confusing, and even the car sites like Edmunds are often wrong or confused about the options and packages as well. They could really make things much easier.
Old 01-20-14, 09:25 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify, in the US. The packages are as follows: Base [Premium] and Luxury. In each region cars are ordered differently. For instance, every Luxury model in TX MAY be ordered with Mark Levinson where as in NY you would have to special order it for that option, or dealership inventors might not have as many in stock.
Old 01-21-14, 02:53 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by jakers95
Just to clarify, in the US. The packages are as follows: Base [Premium] and Luxury. In each region cars are ordered differently. For instance, every Luxury model in TX MAY be ordered with Mark Levinson where as in NY you would have to special order it for that option, or dealership inventors might not have as many in stock.

Incorrect clarification. The style levels available from Lexus are "Base or Luxury." The packages are different based by region. Individual options are different based by dealership and or region.

Go to Lexus.com and build one. The first question is the style level (Base or Luxury). The third tab are the packages. The fourth tab are the accessories.

"Premium" does not exist on 2014s.

Randy B
Old 01-21-14, 10:14 AM
jepva
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Randy B

Randy B
Premium still exists as a package, but not as an actual "trim" like it did before.

While I agree with what you said about the packages by region, it changed for our region. Up until a month ago, the only package was "premium" on the base model, in fact most of the cars still left on dealer lots as of this moment in our area have the "premium" package, but the new ones coming in as of January only have "comfort" and there is no longer a premium. Some sort of mid-year change up has occurred, at least in the mid-atlantic.

Going by Lexus' website, you can no longer get Nav and the new "comfort" (which basically replaced premium, but the Nav does not come with comfort). You either take "Comfort" by itself or Nav only, but you can't get both - at least that's how the configurator is now setup. Pretty crappy on Lexus' part if you ask me. It seems you would have to step up to Luxury to get Nav and the same features found in the Comfort package.
Old 01-22-14, 03:52 AM
Spoonito
Driver School Candidate

For those that were asking how much the TDA at the dealership with my above quote...

Hi Brian,

This is an internal advertising fee that is charged to each Lexus. There is no extra cost or fee that is passed along to you, just the dealer.

Justin
Old 01-27-14, 12:48 PM
Spoonito
Driver School Candidate

Quick question... Are the "invoice" prices on Edmunds accurate?
Old 01-27-14, 02:22 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Randy B
Incorrect clarification. The style levels available from Lexus are "Base or Luxury." The packages are different based by region. Individual options are different based by dealership and or region.

Go to Lexus.com and build one. The first question is the style level (Base or Luxury). The third tab are the packages. The fourth tab are the accessories.

Randy B
I am quite aware, and clarified it correctly. Premium is an option under the Base package. That is why i subbed in "[Premium]." Due to the fact that Premium still exists, just not a model, but now as a package.
Old 01-27-14, 03:35 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoonito
Quick question... Are the "invoice" prices on Edmunds accurate?
Yes, it is...
Old 01-27-14, 06:06 PM
R3loader
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Picked up mine Lux with ML and accessory (wheel locks, mats, etc.) FOR $58,715 + ttl.
Old 01-28-14, 03:12 AM
Spoonito
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Craig B
Yes, it is...

Ok if it is, then the sales guy is lying then. He's telling me the price offered ($52,545) is invoice but when I built it, it was $51,800 or something like that. Also he stated that there is no military discount on the GX, but another dealership said that Lexus offers a $750 discount across the board on new Lexus vehicles for military personnel. I was actually willing to drive 100+ miles to work with him, but I can't stand when sales people aren't truthful.
Old 01-28-14, 10:28 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoonito
Ok if it is, then the sales guy is lying then. He's telling me the price offered ($52,545) is invoice but when I built it, it was $51,800 or something like that. Also he stated that there is no military discount on the GX, but another dealership said that Lexus offers a $750 discount across the board on new Lexus vehicles for military personnel. I was actually willing to drive 100+ miles to work with him, but I can't stand when sales people aren't truthful.
They can show you a copy of the invoice at the dealership...

Quick Reply: 2014 GX460 Price Paid