GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 GX460 Price Paid

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-14, 04:44 PM
UPTHECREEK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purchased 2015 this week with 6 miles on the ticker.
Basically told the dealer I'd pay invoice and no more.
They agreed and we did the deal. No trade involved.
Old 12-04-14, 09:54 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redvette
I just picked up a new 2015 at Sewell Lexus for $400 under invoice plus they have a good selection. Good deals are out there you just have to find the right sales person.
Congrats on the car and deal. What package, color and price did you get?

Right...from what I've seen. discounts are a lot better in Cali than in the northwest. I don't doubt deals are better, just not local to me.
Old 12-05-14, 05:37 AM
96redvette
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked mine up at Sewell Lexus in Dallas. No haggling (who knows I may have been able to do slightly better) and best car buying experience I've had. I worked all the details out over the phone and email. In and out of the dealership in 90 minutes.

Black with Sepia
Premium package
Tow package
Remote start
Headlamp washers
Exhaust tip
Blind spot monitor
Wood steering wheel & shift ****

Originally Posted by msgs350
Congrats on the car and deal. What package, color and price did you get?

Right...from what I've seen. discounts are a lot better in Cali than in the northwest. I don't doubt deals are better, just not local to me.
Old 12-22-14, 08:30 PM
fijjy
Driver School Candidate

I was quoted $56k even + tax and title registration for a GX luxury model with MSRP of $63,763.

Options include:
Mark Levinson Premium Audio
PlayerCargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, & Key Glove
Exhaust Tip
Tow Hitch w/Ball Mount

I got this quote through Internet inquiry. I haven't even negotiate yet. Is this a good deal? Thanks
Old 12-22-14, 09:46 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by fijjy
I was quoted $56k even + tax and title registration for a GX luxury model with MSRP of $63,763.

Options include:
Mark Levinson Premium Audio
PlayerCargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, & Key Glove
Exhaust Tip
Tow Hitch w/Ball Mount

I got this quote through Internet inquiry. I haven't even negotiate yet. Is this a good deal? Thanks
Sounds like a great deal to me, especially if it's the color combo you want. Let us know if you get it!
Old 12-25-14, 09:44 PM
mattorrell
Driver School Candidate

Check out fightingchance.com. Only time I went to dealer is to pay for it and pick it up..

Using this method for new 2015 gx I recently paid 54.8k all in (tax, tag, title, destination, etc): premium, trailer hitch, headlamp washers, wood steering wheel, blind spot monitor w/ rear cross traffic alert, cargo net, wheel locks, cargo mat.
Old 12-27-14, 08:54 AM
binhlswan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mattorrell
Check out fightingchance.com. Only time I went to dealer is to pay for it and pick it up..

Using this method for new 2015 gx I recently paid 54.8k all in (tax, tag, title, destination, etc): premium, trailer hitch, headlamp washers, wood steering wheel, blind spot monitor w/ rear cross traffic alert, cargo net, wheel locks, cargo mat.
This quote was really a good deal. Congrats.
I am looking for a 2015 GX 460 with Premium package. Can someone PM me your quote email (if you don't mind sharing)? TIA
Old 01-08-15, 11:51 AM
yume316
Driver School Candidate

Anyone here purchase the Base model with just the navigation package? I think they call it Lexus 1 Package w Navigation?

I went to a dealer in houston they quoted me 54,600 (including TTL) this was on Jan 6th the last day of the december to remember. I negotiated for about 2 hours and walked out.

I just got a call from another dealer that quoted me 53k (out the door) but from a different city.

what would you guys generally pay for this package on the 2015 GX 460?

also is there a big advantage to going with premium package? vs the regular w navigation?

Please let me know Thanks!
Old 01-08-15, 12:15 PM
mik82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yume316
Anyone here purchase the Base model with just the navigation package? I think they call it Lexus 1 Package w Navigation?

I went to a dealer in houston they quoted me 54,600 (including TTL) this was on Jan 6th the last day of the december to remember. I negotiated for about 2 hours and walked out.

I just got a call from another dealer that quoted me 53k (out the door) but from a different city.

also is there a big advantage to going with premium package? vs the regular w navigation?

I leased my 2015 GX with base plus nav from sterling mccall lexus for $529/month, 12k miles per year for 36 months and $7k down (including ttyl). Not a great deal but it was the best i could get last month in Dec. They were not willing to negotiate at all due to popularity/low inventory on the GX. They wanted 11k down for the premium package.
Old 01-08-15, 12:26 PM
dmccombs
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yume316

You should be able to go to Lexus.com, and price out the price of your car. In general, you should be able to negotiate about 5% off the lexus.com price.

It appears that some dealers will negotiate on a GX, and others won't. My local dealership seemed to be unwilling to negotiate any, at the end of the year, but another dealer in the region did negotiate, and I got about 6% off a fully loaded 2015.

They supposedly have more room to negotiate on the base and premium models, so talk with other dealers in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you about 5% off.
Old 01-09-15, 03:29 PM
yume316
Driver School Candidate

I just had another dealer call me and quote me 52,500 drive out. This is for the base with navigation package. I believe it also has blind spot monitoring but doesn't have heated back seats which the premium package has.

Should I go for it? This is White Color on Black interior
Old 01-09-15, 05:38 PM
dmccombs
Driver

Yume,

I think if you are spending this much, you may as well get the features that are important to you. It doesn't make sense to save a few dollars and not have the features you really want.

If the car you are considering has the features you want in the colors you want, then go in and negotiate for it. If you really want different colors or different features, than hold out, and find another vehicle.

Find the vehicle you really want, then negotiate the price.
Old 01-09-15, 08:12 PM
yume316
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I know which package I want. The Base w Navigation, I just want to know if 52,500 is a good out the door price. Thanks
Old 01-09-15, 09:05 PM
dmccombs
Driver

Yume,

I would have them email you a build sheet that lists all the options it has. If the car is base, +Nav, +blind spot, +destination fees, Lexus.com says the car is $52,605.

Normally, you would add in tax (%3 here, but I don't know your area), then you would add about $550 for dealer prep and registration fees. This would bring the total to about $54,733.

It sounds like they are giving you about 4% off, which is reasonable. You could try telling them you want $500 more off, but IMO, it sounds like you are in the ballpark. If your tax rate is above 3%, you may be good to go already.
Old 01-10-15, 06:50 AM
yume316
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your help ! Yes I live in texas our Tax is 6.25 % according to the carmax TTL calculator that equates to about 3,350$ just in those fees. Also I believe there is Delivery fee as well for the car which is $925. Assuming what you are saying with the 4% to the lexus.com price sounds like i have a good price quote. Thanks again for your help!

Quick Reply: 2014 GX460 Price Paid