GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Any 2014 Gx's on dealer lots yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-13, 06:33 AM
Buckfever
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMJAVEDG
Got to drive in one yesterday, black on black premium safe to say the GX has been perfected.

The new front end looks phenomenal in person with the LED headlamps and fogs.
Definitely want to see the black.
Old 10-09-13, 07:02 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckfever
What color is the exterior? That looks great.
Knights Armor Pearl
Old 10-09-13, 03:00 PM
JHarris
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Buckfever
What color is the exterior? That looks great.
Craig B is correct.

Knights Armor Pearl. That color looks good in person.
Old 10-09-13, 05:56 PM
Jafch1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just got our first 2014 GX out of PDI today. By the looks of it, the grille does protrude out a bit more than I would like personally. However the look give the updated GX gives the car more a 21st century look which is just what it needed.

This one is a 2014 Satin Cashmere with Premium Package, not to be confused with the GX Premium (9710) model.

So far what ive noticed is that they DID remove the sliding wood trim that covered the audio controls. The navigation is still touch screen (thank god!) and it has the same user interface as the 2014 IS models. XM subscription free traffic, weather, and fuel prices. The audio control ***** are a bit smaller and rounder than the previous GX which I kinda miss. However the $499/mo for 27 month lease is MUCH better and more competitive than the last GX had.

Once I see the other 5 we have coming in this week, it should hopefully get me to finally pull the trigger on updating the 04 I have with a new one.
Old 10-09-13, 07:18 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jafch1
We just got our first 2014 GX out of PDI today. By the looks of it, the grille does protrude out a bit more than I would like personally. However the look give the updated GX gives the car more a 21st century look which is just what it needed.

This one is a 2014 Satin Cashmere with Premium Package, not to be confused with the GX Premium (9710) model.

So far what ive noticed is that they DID remove the sliding wood trim that covered the audio controls. The navigation is still touch screen (thank god!) and it has the same user interface as the 2014 IS models. XM subscription free traffic, weather, and fuel prices. The audio control ***** are a bit smaller and rounder than the previous GX which I kinda miss. However the $499/mo for 27 month lease is MUCH better and more competitive than the last GX had.

Once I see the other 5 we have coming in this week, it should hopefully get me to finally pull the trigger on updating the 04 I have with a new one.
So whats the difference between "gx premium" and the "premium package"?
Old 10-10-13, 04:06 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Just a word of advice, if you have the option, get a black interior!

Koz

Last edited by Koz; 10-10-13 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-10-13, 04:10 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by SecPole14
So whats the difference between "gx premium" and the "premium package"?
GX Premium is one of the three model GXs available for 2014. Premium package is the name of a particular option package.

Koz
Old 10-10-13, 06:34 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Koz
GX Premium is one of the three model GXs available for 2014. Premium package is the name of a particular option package.

Koz
I understand that, however, the Lexus website and brochure do not list the "Premium package" separately. They make it sound like a trim level.

However, I just put down a deposit on a 2014. It's a "Base" with a "Premium package", which has all the stuff the "GX Premium" on the Lexus site/brochure has. So I think they must have changed the naming structure somewhere along the way between the factory and the time the website was updated. One of them is now wrong.

The model number is 9700. Maybe he was thinking about the "Luxury" model? Which is 9710?

Last edited by SecPole14; 10-10-13 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-10-13, 06:38 AM
Koz

This is all new for 2014. Maybe a Premium model is a base model with the Premium package.

Koz
Old 10-10-13, 07:12 AM
tcbritt
Driver School Candidate

I believe they all start as "base" and then either "premium" or "luxury" packages are added. Thats what the window sticker i saw looked like.
Old 10-10-13, 08:16 AM
Moonlite
Rookie

Originally Posted by SecPole14
I understand that, however, the Lexus website and brochure do not list the "Premium package" separately. They make it sound like a trim level.

However, I just put down a deposit on a 2014. It's a "Base" with a "Premium package", which has all the stuff the "GX Premium" on the Lexus site/brochure has. So I think they must have changed the naming structure somewhere along the way between the factory and the time the website was updated. One of them is now wrong.

The model number is 9700. Maybe he was thinking about the "Luxury" model? Which is 9710?
First, I like to say hello to all forum members.

I ordered my Base with "Premium Package" but It doesn't come with Wood leather steering, shift **** as stated "STD" in website for Premium Model. On order sheet from dealer just has 9700 and 9710 Luxury, doesn't has Premium as website. I'm so confused.
Attached Thumbnails Any 2014 Gx's on dealer lots yet?-2014-order-guide-line.jpg  
Old 10-10-13, 10:29 AM
Craig B

I have a Luxury on order and the build sheet just says model 9710 with just the 3 options I ordered. Mark Levinson, exhaust tip and accessory package.
Old 10-10-13, 10:31 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we have a few at our lot coming in off the trucks...im just excited when the NX finally starts being available =]
the video they showed us at our last dealership meeting got me really interested in them finally
Old 10-10-13, 10:44 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by 240benzo
we have a few at our lot coming in off the trucks...im just excited when the NX finally starts being available =]
the video they showed us at our last dealership meeting got me really interested in them finally
I'm curious what tires are coming on the Luxury model.? I hope mine comes with Michelins. If not, I'm going to have them swapped out for Michelins.
Old 10-10-13, 10:46 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

every car i see coming off the truck has michelins so i would assume they wouldnt get anything different
ill have to check on that next time i see a tech doing a PDI on one

Quick Reply: Any 2014 Gx's on dealer lots yet?