Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Any 2014 Gx's on dealer lots yet?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-13, 06:33 AM   #31
Buckfever
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMJAVEDG View Post
Got to drive in one yesterday, black on black premium safe to say the GX has been perfected.

The new front end looks phenomenal in person with the LED headlamps and fogs.
Definitely want to see the black.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Buckfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13, 07:02 AM   #32
Craig B
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MO
Posts: 1,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfever View Post
What color is the exterior? That looks great.
Knights Armor Pearl
__________________
Craig

2007 LS 460
2014 GX 460 Luxury
Craig B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13, 03:00 PM   #33
JHarris
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfever View Post
What color is the exterior? That looks great.
Craig B is correct.

Knights Armor Pearl. That color looks good in person.
JHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13, 05:56 PM   #34
Jafch1
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Jafch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 80
www.linkedin.com/pub/james-frey/6b/886/a0a/
Default

We just got our first 2014 GX out of PDI today. By the looks of it, the grille does protrude out a bit more than I would like personally. However the look give the updated GX gives the car more a 21st century look which is just what it needed.

This one is a 2014 Satin Cashmere with Premium Package, not to be confused with the GX Premium (9710) model.




So far what ive noticed is that they DID remove the sliding wood trim that covered the audio controls. The navigation is still touch screen (thank god!) and it has the same user interface as the 2014 IS models. XM subscription free traffic, weather, and fuel prices. The audio control ***** are a bit smaller and rounder than the previous GX which I kinda miss. However the $499/mo for 27 month lease is MUCH better and more competitive than the last GX had.

Once I see the other 5 we have coming in this week, it should hopefully get me to finally pull the trigger on updating the 04 I have with a new one.
__________________

-2014 GS350 F-Sport Ultra White/Cabernet - Catback Magnaflow/Tint/
-2008 GX470 Sala Red /5K HID


PAST 2006 GX470 Titaniam Silver/KDSS, 2004 GX470 Silver Pine & 01RX300
Jafch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13, 07:18 PM   #35
SecPole14
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
SecPole14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: I wonder why I live alone here...
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafch1 View Post
We just got our first 2014 GX out of PDI today. By the looks of it, the grille does protrude out a bit more than I would like personally. However the look give the updated GX gives the car more a 21st century look which is just what it needed.

This one is a 2014 Satin Cashmere with Premium Package, not to be confused with the GX Premium (9710) model.




So far what ive noticed is that they DID remove the sliding wood trim that covered the audio controls. The navigation is still touch screen (thank god!) and it has the same user interface as the 2014 IS models. XM subscription free traffic, weather, and fuel prices. The audio control ***** are a bit smaller and rounder than the previous GX which I kinda miss. However the $499/mo for 27 month lease is MUCH better and more competitive than the last GX had.

Once I see the other 5 we have coming in this week, it should hopefully get me to finally pull the trigger on updating the 04 I have with a new one.
So whats the difference between "gx premium" and the "premium package"?
SecPole14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 04:06 AM   #36
Koz
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,746
Default

Just a word of advice, if you have the option, get a black interior!

Koz
__________________
2011 Premium GX460 Red/Black (Nav/ML/PA/Wide-View/Crawl/Tow Pkg/ClearBra/aFe Pro-Dry dropin/LT-LTX MS2))
2007 IS350 Red/Blk (Lux-18"/Nav/ML/Park Assist/Spoiler/ClearBra/F-Sport dropin/JoeZ/Greddy Exhaust/TSW Snetterton Wheels)

Last edited by Koz; 10-10-13 at 06:36 AM..
Koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 04:10 AM   #37
Koz
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPole14 View Post
So whats the difference between "gx premium" and the "premium package"?
GX Premium is one of the three model GXs available for 2014. Premium package is the name of a particular option package.

Koz
__________________
2011 Premium GX460 Red/Black (Nav/ML/PA/Wide-View/Crawl/Tow Pkg/ClearBra/aFe Pro-Dry dropin/LT-LTX MS2))
2007 IS350 Red/Blk (Lux-18"/Nav/ML/Park Assist/Spoiler/ClearBra/F-Sport dropin/JoeZ/Greddy Exhaust/TSW Snetterton Wheels)
Koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 06:34 AM   #38
SecPole14
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
SecPole14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: I wonder why I live alone here...
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz View Post
GX Premium is one of the three model GXs available for 2014. Premium package is the name of a particular option package.

Koz
I understand that, however, the Lexus website and brochure do not list the "Premium package" separately. They make it sound like a trim level.

However, I just put down a deposit on a 2014. It's a "Base" with a "Premium package", which has all the stuff the "GX Premium" on the Lexus site/brochure has. So I think they must have changed the naming structure somewhere along the way between the factory and the time the website was updated. One of them is now wrong.

The model number is 9700. Maybe he was thinking about the "Luxury" model? Which is 9710?

Last edited by SecPole14; 10-10-13 at 06:37 AM..
SecPole14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 06:38 AM   #39
Koz
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,746
Default

This is all new for 2014. Maybe a Premium model is a base model with the Premium package.

Koz
__________________
2011 Premium GX460 Red/Black (Nav/ML/PA/Wide-View/Crawl/Tow Pkg/ClearBra/aFe Pro-Dry dropin/LT-LTX MS2))
2007 IS350 Red/Blk (Lux-18"/Nav/ML/Park Assist/Spoiler/ClearBra/F-Sport dropin/JoeZ/Greddy Exhaust/TSW Snetterton Wheels)
Koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 07:12 AM   #40
tcbritt
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 8
Default

I believe they all start as "base" and then either "premium" or "luxury" packages are added. Thats what the window sticker i saw looked like.
tcbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 08:16 AM   #41
Moonlite
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPole14 View Post
I understand that, however, the Lexus website and brochure do not list the "Premium package" separately. They make it sound like a trim level.

However, I just put down a deposit on a 2014. It's a "Base" with a "Premium package", which has all the stuff the "GX Premium" on the Lexus site/brochure has. So I think they must have changed the naming structure somewhere along the way between the factory and the time the website was updated. One of them is now wrong.

The model number is 9700. Maybe he was thinking about the "Luxury" model? Which is 9710?
First, I like to say hello to all forum members.

I ordered my Base with "Premium Package" but It doesn't come with Wood leather steering, shift **** as stated "STD" in website for Premium Model. On order sheet from dealer just has 9700 and 9710 Luxury, doesn't has Premium as website. I'm so confused.
Attached Images
 
Moonlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 10:29 AM   #42
Craig B
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MO
Posts: 1,941
Default

I have a Luxury on order and the build sheet just says model 9710 with just the 3 options I ordered. Mark Levinson, exhaust tip and accessory package.
__________________
Craig

2007 LS 460
2014 GX 460 Luxury
Craig B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 10:31 AM   #43
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
OKSTANCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ok
Posts: 635
Default

we have a few at our lot coming in off the trucks...im just excited when the NX finally starts being available =]
the video they showed us at our last dealership meeting got me really interested in them finally
OKSTANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 10:44 AM   #44
Craig B
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MO
Posts: 1,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240benzo View Post
we have a few at our lot coming in off the trucks...im just excited when the NX finally starts being available =]
the video they showed us at our last dealership meeting got me really interested in them finally
I'm curious what tires are coming on the Luxury model.? I hope mine comes with Michelins. If not, I'm going to have them swapped out for Michelins.
__________________
Craig

2007 LS 460
2014 GX 460 Luxury
Craig B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 10:46 AM   #45
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
OKSTANCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ok
Posts: 635
Default

every car i see coming off the truck has michelins so i would assume they wouldnt get anything different
ill have to check on that next time i see a tech doing a PDI on one
OKSTANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 10:46 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2014, 499, armor, city, club, dealer, gx, gx460, hendrick, kansas, knights, lease, lexus, lots, luxury

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
forum members in the seattle area [LS400 owners] acheson850 Pacific 4 04-08-14 11:32 PM
F Sport Springs Install Cost blooch253 Suspension and Brakes 3 03-27-14 03:39 PM
Matador Red + Flaxen VelvetFog IS - Third Generation 17 01-28-14 10:36 AM
2014 GX: Selling like Hot Cakes?? True or False lexusrxus GX - Second Generation 30 12-25-13 02:51 AM
Could anyone recommend a dealer to install clear bra in Seattle area? sears1234 CT 200h Model 6 11-08-12 01:30 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info