GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 GX - New body style

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-13, 01:47 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

GX 460

The newly restyled 2014 GX 460 luxury utility vehicle will arrive at dealerships beginning in October.

Not only does GX bring tremendous value, but also fantastic looks and design. The new 2014 GX features the definitive Lexus spindle grille with standard LED headlamps and daytime running lights as well as available LED fog lamps. The luxurious and spacious GX receives several interior enhancements. A new touch-screen display audio adds an eight-inch screen, HD Radio™, Bluetooth® audio, automatic phone book transfer, a vehicle information display and includes complimentary traffic and weather data provided via HD Radio™. The cabin also gets new linear espresso wood/abyss black trim and available mahogany wood trim for the Premium Package and the Luxury model. The 2014 GX also provides peace of mind with class leading 10 airbags and adds available Intuitive Parking Assist and Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA).

The Lexus GX will continue to exceed expectations of drivers who want a fully capable LUV. The vehicle teams a 4.6-liter V8 engine and six-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) for an output of 301 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and manages an EPA-estimated 15 mpg city and 20 mpg highway. The GX 460 is one of the few premium luxury utility vehicles that can deliver genuine trail driving capability. The standard full-time four-wheel drive uses an electronically controlled transfer case and a TORSEN® torque‑sensing limited slip center differential which can be electronically locked and distributes power as needed based on wheel slip.

In addition, by adjusting sway resistance provided by the front and rear stabilizer bars, standard Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS) can help reduce maximum body-lean angle by as much as 50% to help enhance both on-road handling response and off-highway capability. When taking advantage of the GX’s substantial towing capacity Trailer Sway Control is an added feature that will make all the difference. Combining capability with Lexus luxury and on-road performance makes GX even more exceptional.

The following features are included in the new Premium Package and will be priced the same as 2013 model year GX 460 with the following additions:

· Navigation system

· Intuitive Parking Assist

· Heated second-row outboard seats

· Three-zone automatic climate control

· Perforated leather trimmed interior

· Heated & Ventilated front seats

The GX Luxury model now includes a wealth of attractive standard features such as Navigation system, Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Intuitive Parking Assist, 18-inch split six-spoke wheel with liquid graphite finish and mahogany wood trim. In addition, Advanced Pre Collision with Driver Monitor is available.

Starting prices and a summary of the features for the new GX configurations are as follows:

14MY GX 460

Standard
Premium
Luxury

13MY MSRP
N/A
$53,795
$58,590

14MY MSRP
$49,085
$53,795
$60,715

All Standard Features Plus:
All Premium Features Plus:

Exterior
Six-Spoke 18” Wheels
Split Six-Spoke 18” Wheels
Split Spoke Wheels w/Liquid Graphite finish

LED Headlamps & DRLs
LED Foglamps
Chrome molding extension (on rear quarter window)

EC/Retractable Outer Mirrors

Interior
NuLuxe Seating Surfaces
Leather Seating Surfaces
Semi-Aniline Leather Seating Surfaces

Linear Espresso Wood & Abyss Black Trim
Mahogany Wood Trim
Heated Steering Wheel

Moonroof
Heated & Ventilated Front Seats
Illuminated Scuff Plates

Smart Access w/Push button start
Heated 2nd Row Outboard
Power Folding 3rd Row Seats

EC Inner Mirror w/Compass
3-Zone Automatic Climate Control

Garage Door Opener
Rain Sensing Wipers

Manual Folding 3rd Row Seats
Windshield De-Icer

Multimedia
Display Audio w/8” Touch Screen
Navigation & Bluetooth Audio

Back Monitor

Bluetooth w/Streaming Audio

Performance
Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System

Adaptable Air Suspension

Trailer Sway Control

Safety

Intuitive Park Assist
Intuitive Park Assist

Blind Spot Monitor/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Old 08-22-13, 03:29 PM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally BSM and RCTA!

Looks like Lexus decided they need a model slotted below current base model too with no leather seats.
Old 08-22-13, 03:51 PM
elm3c
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting that the comments on the GX redesign on Autoblog are quite negative, while the comments on this thread have been universally positive!

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/22/l...elifts-leaked/

I'm not a fan of the front end on the current version, but would strongly consider the 2014 to replace my 2006 GX. I also agree with patgilm about the lights on the rear bumper - the updated version seems to flow better.
Old 08-22-13, 05:46 PM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well 2014 Prado front end in my opinion is a flat out fail.
Old 08-22-13, 05:46 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Craig B
GX 460

The newly restyled 2014 GX 460 luxury utility vehicle will arrive at dealerships beginning in October.

Not only does GX bring tremendous value, but also fantastic looks and design. The new 2014 GX features the definitive Lexus spindle grille with standard LED headlamps and daytime running lights as well as available LED fog lamps. The luxurious and spacious GX receives several interior enhancements. A new touch-screen display audio adds an eight-inch screen, HD Radio™, Bluetooth® audio, automatic phone book transfer, a vehicle information display and includes complimentary traffic and weather data provided via HD Radio™. The cabin also gets new linear espresso wood/abyss black trim and available mahogany wood trim for the Premium Package and the Luxury model. The 2014 GX also provides peace of mind with class leading 10 airbags and adds available Intuitive Parking Assist and Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA).

The Lexus GX will continue to exceed expectations of drivers who want a fully capable LUV. The vehicle teams a 4.6-liter V8 engine and six-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) for an output of 301 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and manages an EPA-estimated 15 mpg city and 20 mpg highway. The GX 460 is one of the few premium luxury utility vehicles that can deliver genuine trail driving capability. The standard full-time four-wheel drive uses an electronically controlled transfer case and a TORSEN® torque‑sensing limited slip center differential which can be electronically locked and distributes power as needed based on wheel slip.

In addition, by adjusting sway resistance provided by the front and rear stabilizer bars, standard Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS) can help reduce maximum body-lean angle by as much as 50% to help enhance both on-road handling response and off-highway capability. When taking advantage of the GX’s substantial towing capacity Trailer Sway Control is an added feature that will make all the difference. Combining capability with Lexus luxury and on-road performance makes GX even more exceptional.

The following features are included in the new Premium Package and will be priced the same as 2013 model year GX 460 with the following additions:

· Navigation system

· Intuitive Parking Assist

· Heated second-row outboard seats

· Three-zone automatic climate control

· Perforated leather trimmed interior

· Heated & Ventilated front seats

The GX Luxury model now includes a wealth of attractive standard features such as Navigation system, Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Intuitive Parking Assist, 18-inch split six-spoke wheel with liquid graphite finish and mahogany wood trim. In addition, Advanced Pre Collision with Driver Monitor is available.

Starting prices and a summary of the features for the new GX configurations are as follows:

14MY GX 460

Standard
Premium
Luxury

13MY MSRP
N/A
$53,795
$58,590

14MY MSRP
$49,085
$53,795
$60,715

All Standard Features Plus:
All Premium Features Plus:

Exterior
Six-Spoke 18” Wheels
Split Six-Spoke 18” Wheels
Split Spoke Wheels w/Liquid Graphite finish

LED Headlamps & DRLs
LED Foglamps
Chrome molding extension (on rear quarter window)

EC/Retractable Outer Mirrors

Interior
NuLuxe Seating Surfaces
Leather Seating Surfaces
Semi-Aniline Leather Seating Surfaces

Linear Espresso Wood & Abyss Black Trim
Mahogany Wood Trim
Heated Steering Wheel

Moonroof
Heated & Ventilated Front Seats
Illuminated Scuff Plates

Smart Access w/Push button start
Heated 2nd Row Outboard
Power Folding 3rd Row Seats

EC Inner Mirror w/Compass
3-Zone Automatic Climate Control

Garage Door Opener
Rain Sensing Wipers

Manual Folding 3rd Row Seats
Windshield De-Icer

Multimedia
Display Audio w/8” Touch Screen
Navigation & Bluetooth Audio

Back Monitor

Bluetooth w/Streaming Audio

Performance
Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System

Adaptable Air Suspension

Trailer Sway Control

Safety

Intuitive Park Assist
Intuitive Park Assist

Blind Spot Monitor/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Thank you, this is some really great info!

However, I'm a little confused due to the lack of formatting.

So are heated/ventilated seats and park assist available on the base model?
Old 08-22-13, 05:54 PM
elm3c
Rookie

Originally Posted by Quadro
Well 2014 Prado front end in my opinion is a flat out fail.
Fully agree! Redesigned front end:
2014 GX
2014 Prado
Old 08-22-13, 06:13 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info, its a shame the LX doesn't have the blind spot monitor yet...
Old 08-22-13, 07:29 PM
aristott
Rookie

I had a 2011 premium loaded, horrible drive train!! My 2004 GX felt quicker and 10 times more responsive. I had to sell the horrible 2011 GX and buy the 2013 LX570 the Month it was released. My LX feels responsive and more solid, I added the 22" factory F sport wheels, front and rear big brake kit and the Rspec lowers it all around. The GX needs 4 wheel height adjustment, 20" factory wheels and fender flares. It needs to offer options for those who are looking for Lexus quality but with a bit more style. Range rover offers it all, most don't care about perfect quality because they lease. Why all the premium SUV has beautiful leather dash and Lexus can't offer it yet?? The interiors need work, fire the American and Japanese interior designers an hire Italians or Brits!
Old 08-22-13, 09:35 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

I found these on twitter

Old 08-23-13, 03:29 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
Thank you, this is some really great info!

However, I'm a little confused due to the lack of formatting.

So are heated/ventilated seats and park assist available on the base model?
They don't show those items as standard, I'm sure they could be added as options. If you PM
me your email address, I can send you the info in a better format. It wouldn't let me post it in the same format I received it in.

Regards,
Old 08-23-13, 04:58 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by aristott
I had a 2011 premium loaded, horrible drive train!! My 2004 GX felt quicker and 10 times more responsive. I had to sell the horrible 2011 GX and buy the 2013 LX570 the Month it was released. My LX feels responsive and more solid, I added the 22" factory F sport wheels, front and rear big brake kit and the Rspec lowers it all around. The GX needs 4 wheel height adjustment, 20" factory wheels and fender flares. It needs to offer options for those who are looking for Lexus quality but with a bit more style. Range rover offers it all, most don't care about perfect quality because they lease. Why all the premium SUV has beautiful leather dash and Lexus can't offer it yet?? The interiors need work, fire the American and Japanese interior designers an hire Italians or Brits!
You and the Range Rover would be the perfect match. With all due respect, nobody here is interested in what you "think" the GX is lacking.

Koz
Old 08-23-13, 05:56 AM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by UZJ100GXR
I found these on twitter

Photoshop or real?
Old 08-23-13, 06:01 AM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default what did you find?

I found these on twitter

what did you find?
Old 08-23-13, 06:12 AM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm reminded of the alien in the Arnold Schwarzenegger science fiction movie 'Predator' ... sorry!
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. Remember the Subaru Tribeca B9? It had a grille that looked like Darth Vader's helmet! The 2014 GX could have looked like that ;-)
Old 08-23-13, 06:36 AM
frank69m
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SaniDel
I'm reminded of the alien in the Arnold Schwarzenegger science fiction movie 'Predator' ... sorry!
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. Remember the Subaru Tribeca B9? It had a grille that looked like Darth Vader's helmet! The 2014 GX could have looked like that ;-)
I'm old school and like the current front-end even though it looks aged.

This is an old school, non-sporty suv. Why try to make it something it is not? just my opinion.

new front end looks ok, but they are trying to make it look too high-tech, fashionable, sporty, etc. when it really isn't.

Quick Reply: 2014 GX - New body style