Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

How to set up remote garage door for gx 460 ?

Old 03-17-12, 07:26 PM   #1
htp367
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default How to set up remote garage door for gx 460 ?

Hi everyone,

I just bought my gx 460 this afternoon. I read the catalog but could not find any guide for setting remote garage to use with the lexus. Can some one help me with that ? Thanks a lot in advance.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
htp367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 09:45 PM   #2
MickeyS
Pole Position

Point the remote control transmitter for the device 1 inch from the home link buttons. Keep the home link indicator light in view while programming. Press and hold one of the home link buttons and the transmitter button. When the hyperlink indicator light changes from a slow to a rapid flash, you can release both buttons. If the home link indicator light comes on but does not flash, or flashes rapidly for 2 seconds and remains lit, the home link button is already programmed. Test the home link operation by pressing the newly programmed button if a home link button has been programmed for a garage door, check to see if the garage door opens and closes. If the garage door does not operate, see if your garage transmitter is of the rolling code type. Press and hold the program home link button. The remote control transmitter is of the rolling code type if the home link indicator light flashes rapidly for 2 seconds and then remains lit.

MickeyS
2010 ES350, GX460
MickeyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 07:45 AM   #3
htp367
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
Point the remote control transmitter for the device 1 inch from the home link buttons. Keep the home link indicator light in view while programming. Press and hold one of the home link buttons and the transmitter button. When the hyperlink indicator light changes from a slow to a rapid flash, you can release both buttons. If the home link indicator light comes on but does not flash, or flashes rapidly for 2 seconds and remains lit, the home link button is already programmed. Test the home link operation by pressing the newly programmed button if a home link button has been programmed for a garage door, check to see if the garage door opens and closes. If the garage door does not operate, see if your garage transmitter is of the rolling code type. Press and hold the program home link button. The remote control transmitter is of the rolling code type if the home link indicator light flashes rapidly for 2 seconds and then remains lit.
Thanks, Mickeys. I will try it today. I've got to find my garage remote transmitters. Not sure where they are since I've used them for some time.
Old 03-18-12, 09:33 AM   #4
htp367
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
I've worked. It just took 5 seconds. Thanks.
Old 03-18-12, 09:33 AM