GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2010-2013 OEM Radio, Stereo, Navigation Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-11, 02:52 PM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

interesting. I'd like more info about who did the testing and took the pictures (again, is it paid for by the top tier companies or independently tested and verified) and also proof that there is so called sub tier gas at gas stations. I'm not saying it's not true, it very well may be. I'm just saying I don't buy marketing without actual proof, having seen so much gamesmanship and frankly, outright lies, by big corporations.

I've been putting the cheapest 87 octane gasoline in my 2001 4runner and it still runs like it's brand new. I haven't seen any side effects of this top tier business.

And frankly, if it was as extreme as those pictures would seem to represent I'd think we'd be hearing a heck of a lot more about this issue and people would be bringing lawsuits against the low tier gas companies and also the regulations would be changed to make all gas have to comply with the top tier standards.

I guess you're right. We can just agree to disagree. Until I see some verifiable proof as opposed to marketing, I'm not a believer.
Old 10-17-11, 04:37 AM
Edgardorb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everybody and thanks for your reply. I continue trying and I get up to a screen where I can change to sat 1, sat2, and sat 3. I punch each one but there is a blinking sign that says: antenna and no signal is received.
I already have a mercedes Benz 2010 and it was very easy to obtain the radio ID an the registration with SiriusXM. Why is so dificult with this 2011 Lexus GX460? If someone has a phone number that I could call, please post it. Thanks for all your time and availability.
Edgardo
Old 10-17-11, 06:58 AM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Edgardo:

Unless I misunderstand your situation, just because you own another vehicle with satellite radio doesn't mean you can get it on both radios. At the very least, SiriusXM needs the radio ID on both vehicles and they may want to charge you for both.

Since you are already a SiriusXM customer you should ask them how to add a second vehicle to your account. They are available at 877-209-5085.
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 10-17-11, 10:39 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

1-800-XMRADIO also works as well. That's strange it works on your Mercedes and not on your Lexus.
Old 10-25-11, 11:39 PM
NatBoy
Driver School Candidate

Default Sirius

You have the same issue as I have with my GX that I bought in Hawaii. You do not have Sat Radio installed. The easiest way to make sure is to look on top of the roof and see if the antenna is there. Most likely it is not. That's why you get the error antenna no signal received. Since Sirius isn't supposed to be offered outside the 48 states dealers don't even get it installed in cars here in Hawaii.
Old 10-26-11, 04:13 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This may explain why the initial poster does not have service, i.e., the Lexus was delivered in Puerto Rico without the radio installed. However, this begs the question of how Edgardo can own a Mercedes with satellite radio that does function?
Old 10-31-11, 05:12 AM
Edgardorb
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys. Thanks for all the information that you give to me about this issue. Meanwhile the technician at Lexus dealer in San Juan, Puerto Rico told me they have to send a radio from other GX 460 for a re- programation at Lexus in the Continental USA. Is this true, or just excuses?. Good day for everybody.
Edgardo
Old 12-10-11, 07:48 AM
rockydog
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Navigation Update

Just a quick note for those interested in updating their map software. Went to a dealer a bit further from my home and the software was $169 plus tax (same as Sewells). Install is $60. I asked a tech if I could do it myself and he said no, the software is first installed into one of their diagnostic computers then transferred into the vehicle.

Call around before having this done. At my local Lexus dealer the price was $330!
Old 12-12-11, 08:12 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

There is no need to update every year (unless you travel for a living), I found that not much changes even after several years. I will update the last year before a generation change (every 4/5 years). Every year the update gets cheaper.

Not for nothing but at the price of the nav system the update should be FREE! What pisses me off is they found a way to get even more money out of you by requiring a STEALER install. The old system had a DVD that you could update!

Koz

Last edited by Koz; 12-12-11 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-12-11, 03:15 PM
rockydog
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"Not for nothing but at the price of the nav system the update should be FREE! What pisses me off is they found a way to get even more money out of you by requiring a STEALER install. The old system had a DVD that you could update!"

I agree. Should be as easy as updating your Garmin. But then, how would the dealer pay for the fancy waiting room
Old 12-15-11, 05:23 AM
Tnorling
Rookie

Default XM Radio Subscription Questions

I just received notice that my complimentary initial XM subscription is about to end. Because I have never had a vehicle with navigation, I am somewhat confused.

If I renew only the music portion of XM will my navigation system still work? And, what about the Weather and Sports?
Old 12-15-11, 06:17 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Nav will work but you will not have the traffic option, they charge for each option separately. I don't see any of it worth the money, unless you use your vehicle for extended periods of time. Even MP3s sound better then satellite radio.

Koz
Old 12-15-11, 10:09 AM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I choose Nav and traffic. I guess that very very cheap. I do not like Sat Radio anyways.
Old 12-16-11, 09:58 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

If you live in an area where your roads are covered for NavTraffic then it's very useful. I depend on NavTraffic because the highways I take to go to work are part of it so it gives me traffic info. The same thing with the weather, however if you live in an area where your road don't even show Traffic then there is no use of having it.
Old 01-02-12, 12:32 PM
Gennady7
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know what part number the tuner **** is? It broke off and I'm looking for a replacement.

Another question, what website is the best for finding part numbers for the GX?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2010-2013 OEM Radio, Stereo, Navigation Problems, Questions, Updates