GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

GX versus Landcruiser

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-11, 09:44 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by closenough
Just because you state something as fact does not make it so. Your brute force approach adds little to no value. Let's just agree to disagree. Your opinion versus my opinion, plain and simple.

The OP was asking about towing in the hills. MY OPINION is that he will be disappointed in towing the load he stated under the conditions required to operate a GX. Plain and simple. He will be quite comfortable in the drivers seat but will continue to wonder why he has to constantly tell the vehicle what maximum gear it should be in. It should know. In fact it does know, it just refuses to respond accordingly.

Your position is well heeled in these threads. Add me to the list of disagree-ers. I'm done arguing with you about if the GX can do it; of course it can. Or if my comparison vehicles are "fair" comparisons; they are.
Fair enough!

Koz
Old 08-22-11, 12:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Guys looks like you've turned this thread around (thanks), but let's keep the personal commentary about other members out of the thread. Both facts and opinion are fine, just keep it polite and mature please.
Old 08-27-11, 08:44 AM
GXOwner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a bit late for this thread, but wanted to chime in on the fact that we were also comparing the GX to the LC last October before buying the GX. The only frustrating part is that NO Toyota dealer here in SoCal had a LC in stock for us to look at. Worst yet, any dealer I spoke with or emailed didn't even want to talk to me once I inquired about the LC. Looks like Toyota dealers here only like to sell high volume vehicles like Camry, Prius, etc.

We like our GX but would be nice to be able to feel, touch or test drive the LC as well for comparison. Finally did at the LA Auto show a month later. The problem too is that the LC is expensive and not much of a market here in the states. In other countries, there is much demand for the LC.
Old 08-27-11, 03:06 PM
genedwes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GXOwner
I'm a bit late for this thread, but wanted to chime in on the fact that we were also comparing the GX to the LC last October before buying the GX. The only frustrating part is that NO Toyota dealer here in SoCal had a LC in stock for us to look at. Worst yet, any dealer I spoke with or emailed didn't even want to talk to me once I inquired about the LC. Looks like Toyota dealers here only like to sell high volume vehicles like Camry, Prius, etc.

We like our GX but would be nice to be able to feel, touch or test drive the LC as well for comparison. Finally did at the LA Auto show a month later. The problem too is that the LC is expensive and not much of a market here in the states. In other countries, there is much demand for the LC.
I run into exactly the same deal in looking for a LC. The dealer I talked to wasn't interested in talking to me or trying to find one for me. He stated they don't sell or stock them. Wonder if Toyota wonders why they don't sell many in the states?
Old 08-27-11, 03:53 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If you think the Land Cruiser is hard to come by, imagine shopping for its Lexus equivalent the LX 570! It seems they all get shipped to the Middle East although we have seen one or two in our area, but not at our dealership.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...707059&theater

If we could readily compare the GX and the LC/LX there would be obvious differences. The GX is platformed on the Prado, but the LX is platformed on the LC. The GX has 4.6 liter V8, but the LC and the LX is 5.7. The GX has an optional rear air suspension, but the LX has height adjustable suspension. Most important ... the GX is a smaller vehicle ... a mid-sized luxury SUV ... there's nothing mid-sized about the LC or the LX!
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. There are some interesting after market updates for the LX!

http://www.inkasarmored.com/vehicles...d-lexus-lx570/
Old 08-29-11, 10:58 PM
Alaska
Rookie

The only frustrating part is that NO Toyota dealer here in SoCal had a LC in stock for us to look at.
Our Toyota/Lexus dealer in Anchorage Alaska has 2 new LC and 1 LX on their lot, plus another LX in transit.
Old 08-31-11, 08:02 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

the LX LC will not drive as well on pavement. its bigger, bulkier and handles worse than the gx. Off pavement is where it will excel