Print Wikipost

Door Lock Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-11, 05:56 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Door Lock Q&A

Is there a way to program the locking feature on the GX to automatically lock the doors? For some reason it does it sometimes not all the time.
Old 03-02-11, 03:24 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

That's strange, mine does it all the time...
Old 03-02-11, 09:24 AM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand the original question: the doors will lock themselves automatically when closed? Or one push of a button and all doors will lock? I always push the button on the door handle to lock the doors, but if they will lock themselves without my pushing any buttons then that's definitely very cool!
Old 03-02-11, 09:35 AM
MickeyS
Pole Position

Normally I lock the doors by touching one of the sensors on the door handles or the button in the back or using the remote, for some unknown reason while I wash the truck and I have the remote in my pocket I sometimes lock and unlock the truck to later hear the truck beeping and locking itself. Does that happen to you?
Old 03-02-11, 10:51 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by akfd
I don't understand the original question: the doors will lock themselves automatically when closed? Or one push of a button and all doors will lock? I always push the button on the door handle to lock the doors, but if they will lock themselves without my pushing any buttons then that's definitely very cool!
When I put my vehicle in drive, it locks the doors automatically. Must be a setting?
I never set it up, must have been the dealer.
Old 03-02-11, 11:01 AM
MickeyS
Pole Position

For example, you turn off and exit your vehicle, I have to manually lock the doors by touching the sensor on the door handle. Can the GX lock the door after you exit automatically?
Old 03-02-11, 12:34 PM
gxgonz
Rookie

Originally Posted by MickeyS
Normally I lock the doors by touching one of the sensors on the door handles or the button in the back or using the remote, for some unknown reason while I wash the truck and I have the remote in my pocket I sometimes lock and unlock the truck to later hear the truck beeping and locking itself. Does that happen to you?
The truck never just locks on its own randomly. While you were washing the vehicle you unlocked it either by pressing the button in your pocket or putting your hand near the handle. If you unlock the vehicle and the doors are not opened after a few min they automatically lock back to keep the vehicle secure. Go try it. Unlock your truck then walk away and see what happens if you do not open the doors. It will lock back to keep secure. As of now there is no magic auto lock when you walk away.
Old 03-02-11, 01:26 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by MickeyS
For example, you turn off and exit your vehicle, I have to manually lock the doors by touching the sensor on the door handle. Can the GX lock the door after you exit automatically?
No, mine doesn't lock automatically when I walk away. I touch the sensor on the door handle to lock the doors.
Old 03-02-11, 01:42 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gxgonz
The truck never just locks on its own randomly. While you were washing the vehicle you unlocked it either by pressing the button in your pocket or putting your hand near the handle. If you unlock the vehicle and the doors are not opened after a few min they automatically lock back to keep the vehicle secure. Go try it. Unlock your truck then walk away and see what happens if you do not open the doors. It will lock back to keep secure. As of now there is no magic auto lock when you walk away.
Exactly!

Koz
Old 03-02-11, 01:54 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Craig B
When I put my vehicle in drive, it locks the doors automatically. Must be a setting?
I never set it up, must have been the dealer.
Yes, that's a setting you can choose in the customs settings menu; you can also choose to lock all doors automatically when the car is moving faster than 25km/h. I know Lexus with the Smart Card key option can lock the doors automatically after exiting and closing all doors, but I haven't heard of this function in the GX.
Old 08-10-11, 06:02 PM
lexspeed89
Driver School Candidate

I was wondering the same thing. I recently let my father move my car up to a better spot and he said he didn't manually lock the car. He figured it would automatically lock. However, when I went to use the car later that day I found that someone had went into my car and stole stuff from it. Unfortunate, but I only lost a pair of Raybans. So do they lock automatically? How do I get into the customized service menu for this feature?
Old 08-11-11, 01:18 AM
aqua
Driver School Candidate

i was reading the manual the other day and it said that if/when you wash the vehicle and water happens to spray or touch sensors on the door handle in a certain way the doors may lock/unlock while the key fob is with you.

Last edited by aqua; 08-11-11 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-11-11, 07:23 AM
Koz

The doors can not lock automatically when leaving the car. You can set it to automatically lock different ways when you are using the car by going to the setup mode. Also if the door is locked and you unlock it and do not open the door it will time out and relock the door. If you don't take the fob out of your pocket when you are washing the car it will lock and unlock every time you touch near the door handles.

Koz
Old 10-23-12, 12:44 AM
tommyLS460
Driver School Candidate

you would think the car would lock your doors automatically once you exit the car and walk away for 30seconds or so....even the older cars have this alarm security feature....a bit disappointing....sucks if you walk away and forget to lock your doors...think i need to contact Lexus to find out if this is really true...
The following users liked this post:
Yann (11-07-20)
Old 10-23-12, 05:02 AM
Koz

The easiest way is to hit the lock button on the inside (of the door) as you open the door.

Koz

Quick Reply: Door Lock Q&A