GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Anyone have experience with the PVD Chrome wheels from USWheelExchange?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-12, 10:57 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
You're welcome, I dealt with Marcus at US Wheel Exchange...
I dealt with Eric, got a $250.00 discount under advertised pricing, they are supposed to be at my door Minday night.

Last edited by Eppieguy; 08-25-12 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-26-12, 11:18 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I dealt with Eric, got a $250.00 discount under advertised pricing, they are supposed to be at my door Minday night.
Sounds like you did good, I paid full price...
Old 08-31-12, 07:26 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did PVC chrome exchange on my rx with us wheels. Initially wheels looked gret after a few months 2 of the wheels had like a haze over them that I couldn't remove the they weren't as shiny anymore I ended up trading that car in for my gx. Needless to say I will not be doing an exchange again. Too much maintenance and worrying about the finish.
Old 09-01-12, 04:48 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by LexusVet
I did PVC chrome exchange on my rx with us wheels. Initially wheels looked gret after a few months 2 of the wheels had like a haze over them that I couldn't remove the they weren't as shiny anymore I ended up trading that car in for my gx. Needless to say I will not be doing an exchange again. Too much maintenance and worrying about the finish.
I wax mine when I wax my vehicle, I've had no problems with the finish on mine.
Old 09-27-12, 01:20 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Well, I had the PVD Chrome wheels but the dealer decided to scratch all 4 when putting them on. So now I have 4 Chrome wheels from thier vendor which I will say has a bit more shine to them but only carry the Lexus warranty. The PVD Chrome had 5 years / 100k, Lexus is 4 years / 50k I do believe.
Old 09-28-12, 10:24 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

You have to be careful what you use to clean them (stock wheels also). ONLY use wheel cleaner!

Koz
Old 09-28-12, 12:11 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

I only use Car Wash Soap and a microfiber sponge.
Old 09-29-12, 03:54 PM
Craig B

I only use Car Wash Soap and a microfiber sponge.
That's the best thing, I don't use any chemicals on mine. Keep the salt and calcium chloride off of them. Regular chrome wheels can rust. I've owned a lot of cars with chrome wheels. I have regular triple chrome wheels on my LS 460, but I don't drive it in the snow and ice. That sucks your dealer scratched all of your wheels. At least they made it right.
Old 09-29-12, 07:29 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Craig B
That's the best thing, I don't use any chemicals on mine. Keep the salt and calcium chloride off of them. Regular chrome wheels can rust. I've owned a lot of cars with chrome wheels. I have regular triple chrome wheels on my LS 460, but I don't drive it in the snow and ice. That sucks your dealer scratched all of your wheels. At least they made it right.
Yeah, they made it right but time will tell how we'll they hold up. It is obvious how much thinner the chrome plating is compared to the PVD, you can tell because the coating kinda just flowed over the wheels, where there is some lettering between the spokes you couldn't read it with the PVD coating and the chrome the letters are very pronounced. The chrome plating also has some orange peel to it where the PVD coating was very smooth. Oh well, time will tell.
Old 10-01-12, 09:32 AM
Craig B

Yeah, they made it right but time will tell how we'll they hold up. It is obvious how much thinner the chrome plating is compared to the PVD, you can tell because the coating kinda just flowed over the wheels, where there is some lettering between the spokes you couldn't read it with the PVD coating and the chrome the letters are very pronounced. The chrome plating also has some orange peel to it where the PVD coating was very smooth. Oh well, time will tell.
Good luck, keep them clean and you shouldn't have a problem with rust.