GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Soon to be owner! Hi to all!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-10, 09:35 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soon to be owner! Hi to all!

I wanted to take this opportunity to say hello to everyone in this forum and to announce the arrival of my 2010 GX this coming Thursday 9/9. I can't wait! I am excited to be part of this forum, I know it will be very educational and beneficial to visit this forum and hope to make lots of friends. I traded in my old faithful 2003 4runner that never gave me a single problem, and hope I have a similar if not better service with the GX. As I visited a lot of dealers in the area for a good deal, I got a great education on how to deal with the sales people. It's really important to research prices, options and proper time to buy as it helped me find the right dealer and the right price. Good luck to all fo you with your GX's.
Old 09-03-10, 09:54 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi and Welcome Mickey. Congratulations and good luck with your new vehicle...

Enjoy and don't forget to post some pictures.

What color/options?
Old 09-03-10, 02:04 PM
dgsvt
Driver

Congrats... Details? Deal?
Old 09-03-10, 02:51 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Congratulations!

I'm jealous; I have to wait for a special order. What model (color) and options are you getting?

I've just seen a green one and it looks allot better than I thought it would.

Koz
Old 09-03-10, 09:02 PM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a 2001 4runner that I loved so much I kept it! Love my gx but have to admit, I still drive my 4runner on the weekends!!! I can get it dirty and hit curbs and don't care if the shopping cart runs into it. There's something to be said for that!
Old 09-10-10, 11:04 AM
cannysage
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehe, i think everyone had a 4runner. I had a 98, and loved it.
you'll love the GX even more!
Old 09-14-10, 03:06 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

I finally got it!, man I couldn't sleep the night before. Anyhow, it's Knight's Armor Pearl with black interior, base model with a few options, Lexus remote starter for the cold days of winter in the northeast,paint protection film, bumper moldings and the dent & ding protection. I paid $52,200 for the truck, 2,700 in options and the best thing was that the dealer gave me 8,800 for my 2003 4runner. I love the ride, it is so smooth, and the leather is so cool. It rained on Monday so it got dirty already so as soon as I wash it I'll post my first pictures. I am wondering a little why I don't see too many on the road, besides the fact that it's expensive I don't know why. I see the Mercedes 450 more than the GX. I was wondering when can I give it its first waxing job.
Old 09-14-10, 03:14 PM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bumper moldings? What is that? What am I missing??

Ok, and one thing I just HAVE to say, even though it's off topic and I'm hijacking here, sorry, but does anyone notice that with the 4runner, when you have the back open and you look down at the bumper, the rubber guard covers the entire bumper and goes over the lip a bit (at least it does on my 2001). So, when I pull super heavy things out and let it scrape on the edge of the bumper, no harm no foul. I now have about 6 scratches on my gx bumper bc i do that all the time but the rubber is only about 4 inches wide and does not cover the edge. BAD design in my opinion.

I also have scratches on corner by the left back turn signal from resting the shopping cart against it when I'm loading groceries. Do you SEE why I use my 4runner instead?

Ok, vent over. Back to work.

ETA: oh, and congrats on your new ride!!! (meanwhile, I'd have bought your 2003 for 8K. I sold my 1994 in 2001 for 10K, they really hold their value!!)

One more edit: I see a ton of GX470s around town, all the time, but have only seen about 5 total GX 460. I think it's bc the price shot up so much. When I bought my GX they were going for close to sticker and that was in the $60K range. You could buy a brand new GX 470 for under $50K. . .

Last edited by wannaGX; 09-14-10 at 03:17 PM. Reason: forgot to say contrats!!!
Old 09-14-10, 04:28 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Congrats and i hate how 4runners value dont drop. Im looking for a 99-02 4wd limited and even with 6500-7500 the only ones i can find have 170+ miles from dealerships or 2wd
Old 09-14-10, 06:44 PM
MickeyS
Pole Position

Thanks to all for the good wishes, and now let me read the owner's manual and browse around to learn all the features it has.
Old 09-14-10, 08:20 PM
Eurosport
Rookie

congrats, pix pix pix
Old 09-15-10, 11:54 AM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MickeyS
Thanks to all for the good wishes, and now let me read the owner's manual and browse around to learn all the features it has.
You can take advantage of the Lexus Drivers service once you know the VIN of your new vehicle:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home.do

After your vehicle is registered you can read the manuals online and search by keywords. That's no small consideration ... wait until you see the 1,000+ pages of manuals Lexus shoves in your glove box! I took one look at the manuals folder, which was bursting at the seams and closed the glove box ... no thanks, I'll do my reading online.
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 09-15-10, 12:54 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SaniDel
You can take advantage of the Lexus Drivers service once you know the VIN of your new vehicle
The VIN is not necessary to access vehicle resources online.

You can just register and select the GX 460 as a vehicle of interest.
Old 09-18-10, 11:49 AM
528daniel
Driver School Candidate

great car you will enjoy it... drive safe!!!
Old 09-18-10, 03:19 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MickeyS
I finally got it!, man I couldn't sleep the night before. Anyhow, it's Knight's Armor Pearl with black interior, base model with a few options, Lexus remote starter for the cold days of winter in the northeast,paint protection film, bumper moldings and the dent & ding protection. I paid $52,200 for the truck, 2,700 in options and the best thing was that the dealer gave me 8,800 for my 2003 4runner. I love the ride, it is so smooth, and the leather is so cool. It rained on Monday so it got dirty already so as soon as I wash it I'll post my first pictures. I am wondering a little why I don't see too many on the road, besides the fact that it's expensive I don't know why. I see the Mercedes 450 more than the GX. I was wondering when can I give it its first waxing job.
You don't have to wait to wax it, you can wax it right away...

Quick Reply: Soon to be owner! Hi to all!