GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Keeping the ecru interior clean?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 10:48 PM
ihatecats7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping the ecru interior clean?

The ecru interior on the GX may be one of the most beautiful interiors out there. Problem is that I have kids and I don't want to have to chop their feet off to keep the leather clean.

For anybody with the ecru interior, how difficult it is to keep clean, and what are your favorite cleaning products?

Sepia looks great too, and it may be much easier to keep clean.
Old 05-18-10, 04:27 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexus has a leather cleaner and conditioner that you can get when you pick up your GX.

I haven't had any trouble thus far keeping the ecru interior clean, but the sepia interior should be easier to maintain.
Old 05-18-10, 07:45 PM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my seat is already blue from wearing jeans so now I have a ghetto looking towel on my seat. sigh. I also have to keep my passenger seat way up so my toddler doesn't kick the seat. Things were much easier when I didn't care. . . I have the leather cleaner but haven't checked to see if it takes the blue stain out. Also, I keep baby wipes in the car for spills. They're great to clean up the stains before they set. Not sure if it's good for the leather long term though. Hadn't thought about chopping the feet off. . . . might consider it.
Old 06-05-10, 12:04 AM
ihatecats7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wannaGX
my seat is already blue from wearing jeans so now I have a ghetto looking towel on my seat. sigh. I also have to keep my passenger seat way up so my toddler doesn't kick the seat. Things were much easier when I didn't care. . . I have the leather cleaner but haven't checked to see if it takes the blue stain out. Also, I keep baby wipes in the car for spills. They're great to clean up the stains before they set. Not sure if it's good for the leather long term though. Hadn't thought about chopping the feet off. . . . might consider it.
I was wondering if you ever had a chance to get after those blue stains. I'd wrather not have to take my pants off every time I get into my vehicle. On second thought, maybe that would be awesome.