GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Anyone Seeking a Refund on 2010 GX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-10, 06:41 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bturkel1@v
Hey too all - stop all the *****ing. Too each their own, we all have are own opinions. I agree that the problem is small but to some it is human nature not to want the vehicle. For one my wife wants it gone. For two I have never owned a car where I had one reserve on safety, I put a lot of add on's and such into my GX and bought it for my kids. after this, it was icing on the cake. Here is the problem for me, if anything ever were to happen now, recall or no recall, after the report I could never live with myself. the chance is there, and for that I want out. too me it is not a money issue but a product issue. I coul dbeve rlive with myself if something were to happen.
I have been a sedan guy most of my life, this is my second truck and I think my wives 2005 Denali drives better than this truck. The brakes suck, the extra pressure to not roll is annoying, the transmission is not smooth and the ride is not soft. The cargo room and leg room in rear sucks compared to most SUV's in this category as well.

Too put proof in it I will put my 5200 wheels up for sale and since they only will fit a 201- GX or up because of the 106 bore, they will be hard to sell. I bet you the sale son this model will be cut in 1.2 because of this report.

I am trying to get a buy out but I will trade my vehicle and buy a LS.

I am suprised you bought the vehicle since you don't like many more things than just temporary drifting abilities. Don't care about your wheels. What other options did you add that you want to sell?
Old 04-19-10, 08:19 PM
jaxrwld
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People you bought this truck for a reason! If it was safety, Lexus quality, looks, performance, style, dealership service or history with Lexus those items are still there. You have a great SUV and it will all be forgotten in two weeks when Lexus puts the fix out. My wife drives my boys to school in it everyday. She does not take sweeping turns at 55 mph. She is on her 4th Lexus and has complete confidence in it. There has not been one single incident reported. Stop watching the Media Hype and use your head and enjoy one of the finest SUV's on the planet.
Old 04-19-10, 08:45 PM
Timothyj
Pole Position

The GX 460 didn't even roll over in the CR test. What about older SUV's that don't have any kind of electronic control? Toyota is doing the right thing, with all the recalls and bad media, they will be o.k. Don't panic, keep your car.

Tim
Old 04-20-10, 04:01 AM
Balooo2
Driver School Candidate

Hey too all - stop all the *****ing. Too each their own, we all have are own opinions. I agree that the problem is small but to some it is human nature not to want the vehicle. For one my wife wants it gone. For two I have never owned a car where I had one reserve on safety, I put a lot of add on's and such into my GX and bought it for my kids. after this, it was icing on the cake. Here is the problem for me, if anything ever were to happen now, recall or no recall, after the report I could never live with myself. the chance is there, and for that I want out. too me it is not a money issue but a product issue. I coul dbeve rlive with myself if something were to happen.
I have been a sedan guy most of my life, this is my second truck and I think my wives 2005 Denali drives better than this truck. The brakes suck, the extra pressure to not roll is annoying, the transmission is not smooth and the ride is not soft. The cargo room and leg room in rear sucks compared to most SUV's in this category as well.

Too put proof in it I will put my 5200 wheels up for sale and since they only will fit a 201- GX or up because of the 106 bore, they will be hard to sell. I bet you the sale son this model will be cut in 1.2 because of this report.

I am trying to get a buy out but I will trade my vehicle and buy a LS.

It sounds like you were unhappy with your GX460 before the CR report.
What compells me to respond to your post is all the things your have done to the truck and then cite safety concerns...???? As if these modifications could not effect other systems in the vehicle?
The wheels you at first bragged about, posted pictures of etc are not spec and could in and of themselfs be a danger to your family did you ever consider that? They certainly are not helping the ride you are complaining about.
You will probably but shocked when offered a low ball price for don't be, and it has nothing to do with the CR report.

All the hacks and modifications you have done to your GX 460 good luck selling it in my opinion you ruined it.
But I am sure the dealer has already told you what I just did.

This is not my style but a reality check is in order here...
Old 04-20-10, 04:13 AM
bturkel1@v
Driver

Balooo2 I d not appreciate your rude comments. keep them to yourself.

Last edited by bturkel1@v; 04-20-10 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-20-10, 04:28 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Balooo2
It sounds like you were unhappy with your GX460 before the CR report.
What compells me to respond to your post is all the things your have done to the truck and then cite safety concerns...???? As if these modifications could not effect other systems in the vehicle?
The wheels you at first bragged about, posted pictures of etc are not spec and could in and of themselfs be a danger to your family did you ever consider that? They certainly are not helping the ride you are complaining about.
You will probably but shocked when offered a low ball price for don't be, and it has nothing to do with the CR report.

All the hacks and modifications you have done to your GX 460 good luck selling it in my opinion you ruined it.
But I am sure the dealer has already told you what I just did.

This is not my style but a reality check is in order here...

Well said. I can imagine the comfort is heavily affected with wheels that have low profile tires. My truck rides very well, goes over bumps well and don't have transmission shifting issues. I agree with cargo area being a little small, but you could see that before buying. Looks like CR report doesn't have anything to do with dissatisfaction and just simple using the situation as an excuse to get out of the fine car. Good Luck!
Old 04-20-10, 04:56 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kelv2888
I am a owner of a GX 460. I am totally disgusted by Government motors secretive plot to sabotage the reputation of japanese automakers. They obviously started from the top and chose the top manufacturer ,Toyota. This is ofcourse my humble opinion, however, I feel that the timing and coincidence of the top three detroit losers that almost all needed bailouts because they made inferior products out of greed by lazy union workers and now currently OWNED by the government is obviously behind ALL of this.
I respectfully disagree with your premise. As far as I can tell, there is no plot against Toyota. If anything, this event highlights our democracy and, in particular, the freedom of the press. I can recall a time when there were no advocates for consumers. Then, if you bought what turned out to be "junk" you were stuck with it; and those VERY few who fought back were those who could afford to. I believe that at this point in the Toyota saga, CR's findings have been proven accurate inasmuch as Toyota's engineers have acknowledged that they were able to duplicate CR's test findings resulting in a recall of the 460. The question you should be asking is why didn't Toyota arrive at these findings during its own pre-production tests of the 460? In this connection, I think the answer might be found lurking in the $16.4 million fine Toyota has agreed to pay the U.S. for concealing information it knew about the "sticking gas pedal" problem. To put this fine in better perspective, the $16.4 million represents a cap and, if not for that, Toyota would have been liable to pay $13.8 billion, $6,000 for every vehicle affected. Toyota isn't a martyr at the hands of an "evil" government and doesn't deserve to be canonized. It's a company that got caught at deception and cutting corners for profit...translation, Toyota cared more about your money than they cared about you. I read all these opinions and strong words and sentiments about how CR testing is secretive and untrustworthy and I think about how ironic, and even almost crazy, that sounds in the face of CR's mission which, basically, is to protect and inform consumers from hidden defects and unsafe and poor quality products. Is CR always correct? No, no one is infallable. But the fact that CR can credibly challenge a company to manufacture products to live up to certain basic quality standards gives CR my respect and appreciation.
Old 04-20-10, 05:26 AM
Balooo2
Driver School Candidate

Balooo2 I d not appreciate your rude comments. keep them to yourself. I and buy the way I have such a good relationship with my dealer that know I am not in shock. First I paid $1000 over invoice for my GX. Second I can get into anything I want at invoice. 3rd what the hell do you know. Hacks took 1 hr to remove. Sub gone and replaced to OEM, amp gone and replaced OEM, nav hack gone an put back to oem. OEM wheels will be put back on. I am not an idiot and when I do things I do them right so if I need to put the vehicle back to OEM it can be done very easily. The truck drives like crap. It did with the 18" OEM's and really it actually should ride better with the wheels because of the bigger footprint Sorry the old GX drives better in my OPINION. This is not a city car and never was not manufactured to be one. Sorry and yes I liked at first but I travel everyday with 2 kids on a highway for 20-25 mins and for me if I have to move suddenly I want to feel I can do it. I I found myself always adjusting from sport to comfort and sport to regular drive trying to find the right zone. So basically the vehicle kept growing out on me I did not grow into the vehicle. Like you said in your opinion, well I have mine. They missed the boat and I should have listened to the pre-reviews, this truck is not for everyone.
As you stated "this truck is not for everyone"
Truth sometimes hurts...

Good luck
Old 04-20-10, 07:09 AM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Very well put!

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
I respectfully disagree with your premise. As far as I can tell, there is no plot against Toyota. If anything, this event highlights our democracy and, in particular, the freedom of the press. I can recall a time when there were no advocates for consumers. Then, if you bought what turned out to be "junk" you were stuck with it; and those VERY few who fought back were those who could afford to. I believe that at this point in the Toyota saga, CR's findings have been proven accurate inasmuch as Toyota's engineers have acknowledged that they were able to duplicate CR's test findings resulting in a recall of the 460. The question you should be asking is why didn't Toyota arrive at these findings during its own pre-production tests of the 460? In this connection, I think the answer might be found lurking in the $16.4 million fine Toyota has agreed to pay the U.S. for concealing information it knew about the "sticking gas pedal" problem. To put this fine in better perspective, the $16.4 million represents a cap and, if not for that, Toyota would have been liable to pay $13.8 billion, $6,000 for every vehicle affected. Toyota isn't a martyr at the hands of an "evil" government and doesn't deserve to be canonized. It's a company that got caught at deception and cutting corners for profit...translation, Toyota cared more about your money than they cared about you. I read all these opinions and strong words and sentiments about how CR testing is secretive and untrustworthy and I think about how ironic, and even almost crazy, that sounds in the face of CR's mission which, basically, is to protect and inform consumers from hidden defects and unsafe and poor quality products. Is CR always correct? No, no one is infallable. But the fact that CR can credibly challenge a company to manufacture products to live up to certain basic quality standards gives CR my respect and appreciation.
Old 04-20-10, 07:32 AM
DallasGX
Rookie

did u guys see the consumer reports video. it was more of what not to do with your SUV. they were clearly trying to tip the car over which they failed. thats all this is about.
lexus trucks r the best and nothing can or will change that.
Old 04-20-10, 10:11 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah~ go get your money back and get a Land Rover or BMW, and spend most of the time in the shop fixing stuff that under warranty, maybe you will think that worth your 70K.

If you will drive a big SUV like the test, I will hope your family never get on the car when your are in the driver seat; the safety concern will be you, the driver, the the car.
Old 04-20-10, 10:20 AM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasGX
did u guys see the consumer reports video. it was more of what not to do with your SUV. they were clearly trying to tip the car over which they failed. thats all this is about.
lexus trucks r the best and nothing can or will change that.
or better yet, likely the best Lexus SUV model for drifting and test side curtain air bags if it works. I'm not a fan for "CR" but definitely deserve my credit for being a watchdog for consumer..
Old 04-20-10, 01:04 PM
bturkel1@v
Driver

Originally Posted by Luke27617
Well said. I can imagine the comfort is heavily affected with wheels that have low profile tires. My truck rides very well, goes over bumps well and don't have transmission shifting issues. I agree with cargo area being a little small, but you could see that before buying. Looks like CR report doesn't have anything to do with dissatisfaction and just simple using the situation as an excuse to get out of the fine car. Good Luck!
yes I know

Last edited by bturkel1@v; 04-20-10 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-21-10, 06:53 AM
CACressida
Rookie

I'm seriously disappointed in anyone that actually complains about this "recall." If your afraid of your GX460 fishtailing at high speeds around a dangerous curve, then you seriously do not need a drivers license. Just a few years ago, many vehicles didn't have VSC as standard equipment and just a decade ago, 90% of vehicles produced didn't have VSC nor did we the consumer didn't really consider it an asset. All of a sudden, somebody in a magazine points out this little bug and people are "afraid" of driving the vehicle? Give me a break.

Instead of appreciating the excellent engineering of how a 6,000lb vehicle power slides around a turn instead of flopping over like the majority of SUVs and tall crossovers, people are going to complain that the computer didn't kick on early enough to drive their vehicles for them. Just because you have ABS, TRAC, VSC, EBD, BA, Radar Cruise control, Park Assist and the list goes on, doesn't mean you've got the authority as a motor vehicle operator to not focus on driving. All these technologies were designed to "Assist" the driver and enhance the driving safety. Seriously, learn how to drive and appreciate such an excellently engineered tall and high clearance vehicle corners like a performance car power sliding instead of tumbling.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but even if the system worked as designed, they still don't prevent the laws of physics so if you hit a tall curb at that speed even with VSC, the vehicle will tumble over.

Sorry for venting, but I'm tired of the people that are complaining over something that we've lived without for almost a century.

Yours Truly,
CACressida
Old 04-22-10, 10:59 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Balooo2 I d not appreciate your rude comments. keep them to yourself.
LMAO This is a public forum. You might be new, but the way these things work is that people post their thoughts, opinions, and questions, and other people respond. It might be too rude and brutal for some, but that's the way public forums work. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Anyone Seeking a Refund on 2010 GX?