GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Ordered My New 2010 GX

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-10, 05:11 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Ordered My New 2010 GX

I should receive me new loaded GX by the 20th of the month. I went with the black and sephia combo with every option available including the rear entertainment screens. I will post some pics when I pick her up. Also looking at some wheels. Deciding between 22" and 24"
Old 04-10-10, 06:39 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Sounds nice! Are you keeping your LS 460? I use my GX 460 for winter. My LS 460 sits in the garage most of the winter...
Old 04-11-10, 12:51 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Yes keeping the LS. The GX is for the wife. We are trading in her 06 for the 2010. I'm in sunny Florida so I get to enjoy my LS and Supra year round..

Originally Posted by Craig B
Sounds nice! Are you keeping your LS 460? I use my GX 460 for winter. My LS 460 sits in the garage most of the winter...
Old 04-11-10, 01:44 PM
Craig B

Nice, I wish I could drive my LS year round, but I'm driving it every day now since it's spring time.
I like both vehicles, so I'm not missing much driving either one of them.
Old 04-13-10, 05:38 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
I should receive me new loaded GX by the 20th of the month
May we ask what your dealer is saying about delivery now that Toyota is temporarily halting sales?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100413/...nsumer_reports

There are several members of our forum who may be in the same position, i.e., they have already placed their order, but have not taken delivery. There may also be some who are considering re-selling their GX 460, but not me! Like you, I had to wait for delivery, but the vehicle was worth the wait ... you'll see.

It would seem reasonable that the process in place will continue up to the point of delivery, i.e., your dealer may receive your unit, but it will be embargoed until this matter is resolved. If there is a recall, you may expect to take delivery after the recall service is performed, but we will all learn soon enough. Thanks for any information you care to share with us.
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 04-13-10, 07:42 PM
DallasGX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaniDel
May we ask what your dealer is saying about delivery now that Toyota is temporarily halting sales?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100413/...nsumer_reports

There are several members of our forum who may be in the same position, i.e., they have already placed their order, but have not taken delivery. There may also be some who are considering re-selling their GX 460, but not me! Like you, I had to wait for delivery, but the vehicle was worth the wait ... you'll see.

It would seem reasonable that the process in place will continue up to the point of delivery, i.e., your dealer may receive your unit, but it will be embargoed until this matter is resolved. If there is a recall, you may expect to take delivery after the recall service is performed, but we will all learn soon enough. Thanks for any information you care to share with us.
Regards,

SaniDel
they will start offering big incentives on these once they finally start selling them again...
Old 05-04-10, 06:38 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

My Black on Sephia fully loaded GX is in. I pick her up tomorrow I will post some pics when I bring her home Looking at some 22" wheel choices to mod her just a tad
Old 05-05-10, 02:53 AM
Craig B

My Black on Sephia fully loaded GX is in. I pick her up tomorrow I will post some pics when I bring her home Looking at some 22" wheel choices to mod her just a tad
Good luck and congratulations...

Someone here had some 22" wheels for sale. He took off of his GX 460 when he traded it for a LS 460 sport...
Old 05-05-10, 07:36 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

I saw the wheels, not exactly what I am looking for. Thanks. Having said that, I have my eyes on a certain style

Originally Posted by Craig B
Good luck and congratulations...

Someone here had some 22" wheels for sale. He took off of his GX 460 when he traded it for a LS 460 sport...
Old 05-05-10, 08:47 AM
Craig B

I saw the wheels, not exactly what I am looking for. Thanks. Having said that, I have my eyes on a certain style
Okay, please post some pictures when you have your wheels installed...
Old 05-05-10, 02:13 PM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you order the 'extra tail slide' option?
Old 05-06-10, 07:56 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

I did.. LOL cant wait to test it out yet I can honestly say after driving the GX for a couple miles last night you definitely can feel the difference in the weight and how solid it feels. My 06 was much lighter whereas the new truck is heavier. I feel like I am pulling something.
Interestingly the few trucks I test drove had the "Eco" green light in the speedometer section and would light up when you hit the "sweet spot" wheras mine has it in the "menu area " in the middle of the dash and It does not light up? I thought that was interesting. I guess Lexus is already making small changes moving along. My truck has a build date of 3/10.

I am already having some mods done today:3M clear bra & window tinting. Hopefully some new wheels in the next couple weeks. I have decided to go with 22" wheels hence I can run a 40 size tire wall.

Just out of curiosty is there a module to lower the GX? I know it can be done on the LS? I would love to lower her about 1"

I will post some pics this weekend.

Originally Posted by werewolf
Did you order the 'extra tail slide' option?
Old 05-06-10, 09:28 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interestingly the few trucks I test drove had the "Eco" green light in the speedometer section and would light up when you hit the "sweet spot" wheras mine has it in the "menu area " in the middle of the dash and It does not light up? I thought that was interesting. I guess Lexus is already making small changes moving along. My truck has a build date of 3/10.
Are you saying you don't have the ECO light in the location shown in the photo below?

If it's in your multi-information display panel, does it display for all modes, like the odometer reading?

Even if they changed the location, the light should still illuminate, unless it's been turned off in one of the customized settings.
Attached Thumbnails Ordered My New 2010 GX-eco1.jpg  
Old 05-06-10, 09:37 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Yes I dont seem to have the light in that location? I did not see it? The park assist light is in that spot I only see it when I hit the menu button on the steering wheel to be able to see the Eco mode along with turning on the AFS etc.. I will look again when I get home tonight but that caught my attn hence my post. Perhaps it was turned off?

Originally Posted by antonio98
Are you saying you don't have the ECO light in the location shown in the photo below?

If it's in your multi-information display panel, does it display for all modes, like the odometer reading?

Even if they changed the location, the light should still illuminate, unless it's been turned off in one of the customized settings.
Old 05-06-10, 09:43 AM
Craig B

Very strange, mine is on. You might have to go through the menu and enable it. My park distance control was disabled when I took delivery...

Quick Reply: Ordered My New 2010 GX