GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-15, 10:34 AM
khiroshima
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZMushtaq
HI Khiroshima,

What do you mean by dome light kit for the running boards, do we need to install a kit to replace the original bulbs?
Sorry, REALLY late reply . . . I don't log on very often-- The two kits I bought were for the interior dome lights and for the exterior (underneath) running board lights. What the kit did not include, were the lights that are at the bottom of the doors. A year later, I haven't bothered to change them. No, they don't match, but it hasn't bothered me. Thanks! KH
Old 03-25-15, 12:36 PM
Jacket
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

15 pages in this mod thread, and nearly 100% of the posts are about light bulbs. I guess I was hoping for a bit more....

But kudos to everyone providing the detailed documentation on the LED and HID conversions. It'll come in handy.
Old 03-25-15, 01:48 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

This thread is 5 years old (FYI)
Old 03-25-15, 02:35 PM
Jacket
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

Sure - but it's one of three threads that's a sticky at the top of this sub-forum. I was just duped by the title and assumed it was a centralized thread for folks to show off various mods. It's definitely a great resource for bulbs and lighting.

Oh well - new guy to the forum trying to find his way...
Old 03-25-15, 04:30 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacket
Sure - but it's one of three threads that's a sticky at the top of this sub-forum. I was just duped by the title and assumed it was a centralized thread for folks to show off various mods. It's definitely a great resource for bulbs and lighting.

Oh well - new guy to the forum trying to find his way...
What mods are you looking for?
Old 03-28-15, 11:12 PM
Pangoo
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I came here looking for GX460s out fitted with wheels, push bars, WALD kits, etc. thread mostly bout sweet bulbs though lol.
The following users liked this post:
itscorwin (06-22-20)
Old 03-30-15, 12:23 PM
fortytwo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pangoo
I came here looking for GX460s out fitted with wheels, push bars, WALD kits, etc. thread mostly bout sweet bulbs though lol.
As did I, especially b/c it was a pinned topic. Maybe title should be revised to "Official 2nd Gen GX LIGHT BULB Modification (DIY) Thread!!" to save others from going through all the pages trying to find something other than light bulb modifications?
The following 2 users liked this post by fortytwo:
dreware (02-09-22), itscorwin (06-22-20)
Old 06-03-15, 04:30 PM
GX460PREM
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skillsword
I installed the Philips 8 LED DRL on my GX. They look awesome.
Day Mode / Night Mode
Did your Philips Daylight 8 LEDs turn OFF when you turn OFF the ignition?

Which light did u connect the ORANGE wire to-- side marker light or stock DRL/ high beam light?

Did you have to turn off the DRL mode in the vehicle's customization menu?

I'm trying to troubleshoot why my Philips LEDs doesn't turn off when the ignition is off.
Old 06-03-15, 04:43 PM
GX460PREM
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke27617
Here are couple pictures of my newest mod - new DRL module for GX. It is a very high quality prototype I am testing and will be able to share more information around April when the final version is available. Meantime enjoy some pictures. They dim when lights come on. The color is identical to what you see on the Audi or Mercedes. The truck looks great with them. Actually judge it for yourself
Did your Philips Daylight 8 LEDs turn OFF when you turn OFF the ignition?

Which light did u connect the ORANGE wire to-- side marker light or stock DRL/ high beam light?

Did you have to turn off the DRL mode in the vehicle's customization menu?

I'm trying to troubleshoot why my Philips LEDs doesn't turn off when the ignition is off.
Old 06-05-15, 04:26 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts

So I just saw this thread (even though its clearly been here for a bit...) & am adding to the collection of DIY MOD posts....

All mods were done late late fall, even in the winter with the exception of the repainted calipers so please excuse my lack instructions....

Items modded

LED door lights, Visor, map light, running boards

LED fog lights

5000k HID D4S bulbs which surprisingly complement the LED fog lights

Installed Beat-Sonic DVD hack to play movies while in motion (you didn't hear that from me) & use complete touch screen options

Cross drilled & Slotted rotors & as well as ceramic pads (& yes I changed them myself... )

Took out parking lights ( annoying to look @ ) installed extremely bright LED daytime running lights

Was able to get my hands on a F-Sport Grill & modified it to fit my Premium model with the camera & radar sensor in the front, in fact took me 2 grills to perfect & then I bought a third grill just in case.... & this was not a simple project ladies & gentleman, 1st trying to get 1 grill was like trying to find a unicorn in space (yes i said in space), catch the damn thing & then club it to death for its horn.... let alone 3 grills BUT I DID IT DAMN IT!!!! (back to the mods)

Plasti dipped the front camera to match F-Sport grill

Painted, decal-ed, & Clear coated all the rotors

& the finishing touch which i gave a lot of thought to do or not to do was apply an F-Sport Badge.... I figured since I have the F-Sport Grill & 22" gray graphiteish wheels with Lexus logos why not....

Next project which ive order everything just waiting for it to arrive is My new baby that just got delivered my GS-Fsport RWD.....

Keep on moddin in the free world!!!
Attached Thumbnails Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_8836.jpg   Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_8839.jpg   Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_8840.jpg   Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_8857.jpg   Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_8862.jpg  

Old 06-05-15, 04:27 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

& more Pics......
Attached Thumbnails Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_8849.jpg   Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_8851.jpg   Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_8845.jpg   Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_8865.jpg   Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_8855.jpg  

Old 06-05-15, 06:33 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you provide what bulb you used in the Daytime running lights? And where you got them.
Old 06-05-15, 07:12 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
Can you provide what bulb you used in the Daytime running lights? And where you got them.
Do you 1 better, here is the link to the exact set up I installed... & your lucky, looks like there 15-20 clams cheaper then when i bought them...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131189056449...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Enjoy. . . . . . .
Old 06-05-15, 07:26 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks, How do the high beams perform as compared to stock high beams? I ran LED's once for the DRL's and the high beam brightness suffered and I live in an area in which I use my high beams a lot tying to spot deer before they run out in front of me.
Old 06-05-15, 12:58 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
& more Pics......
nice
where did you get those brake calipers?

Quick Reply: Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!