Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-12, 11:00 AM   #196
XenonDepot
ClubLexus HID Kit Sponsor
Trader Score: (9)
 
XenonDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,407
KBcarstuff XenonDepot
Default

sounds good. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Steve
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________



ClubLexus SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$
AUTHORIZED LEXUS Parts & Accessories VENDOR SINCE 2004 - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
XenonDepot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 01:10 PM   #197
Eppieguy
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 527
Default

Ok, I was looking to do the HID upgrade to my 12 Base GX, I took off the cover and pulled off the silver cup thing off the top and got stumped! I saw the DIY pictures but I couldn't even see the bulb in there. Help?

P.S. I need to buy a 6K HID kit.
Eppieguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 12:47 PM   #198
XenonDepot
ClubLexus HID Kit Sponsor
Trader Score: (9)
 
XenonDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,407
KBcarstuff XenonDepot
Default

Hey,

You would need to get an H11 HID kit to upgrade the low beams on Ľour GX =) I would be more than happy to give you a call to discuss if you would like. Alternatively, feel free to give me a call toll free at 1877-522-2701.

Steve
__________________



ClubLexus SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$
AUTHORIZED LEXUS Parts & Accessories VENDOR SINCE 2004 - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
XenonDepot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 04:14 PM   #199
khiroshima
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
Posts: 52
Default

Finally got to install my LEDs from XenonDepot, wow . . . easy

I have no idea why it too me so long to get my act together-- Once I got the nerve to pop the light casing open, it was a snap. For the driver/passenger dome light (it was mentioned in an earlier post, but I was skimming . . . .), it is easiest to pry from the hinge side of the light.

One comment, I should have noticed this, but didn't. The XenonDepot (kbcarstuff.com) GX460 LED Dome Light Kit (product # 980385) does NOT come with the LEDs for the doors, it only comes with (duh), the dome lights. I guess not a huge issue, but I would have thought a "kit" would have included the door LEDs as well.

I guess I will be putting in another order for the (4) door LEDs as well-- Very pleased with the product; I bought the dome light kit and the LEDs for the running boards, thanks! KH

12 hour edit-- WOW, be warned, these dome lights are BRIGHT. I'm reconsidering the replacement of all six bulbs, it's practically daytime when you open the doors

Last edited by khiroshima; 12-10-12 at 09:23 AM..
khiroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-13, 11:14 PM   #200
sv1669
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 13
Default PUTCO Halogens anyone?

has anyone tried 4000k halogens from PUTCO? How much better they are from stock ones? Just don't want to do all the HID drilling and etc..
sv1669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-13, 07:55 AM   #201
XenonDepot
ClubLexus HID Kit Sponsor
Trader Score: (9)
 
XenonDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,407
KBcarstuff XenonDepot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1669 View Post
has anyone tried 4000k halogens from PUTCO? How much better they are from stock ones? Just don't want to do all the HID drilling and etc..
Putco is actually in the process of re designing their halogen bulbs and they are not available in all colors.

If your looking for better halogen bulbs in 4000K, I would recommend going with the Philips Crystal Vision or Xtreme Vision bulbs depending on your fitment. Osram also offers their Nightbreaker Plus halogen bulbs.

Here are some examples of them installed and reviewd on our blog.

Philips Crystal Vision Halogens Bulbs

Osram Nightbreaker Plus Halogen bulbs

Hope this helps,
Danny
__________________



ClubLexus SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$
AUTHORIZED LEXUS Parts & Accessories VENDOR SINCE 2004 - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
XenonDepot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 06:17 AM   #202
ZMushtaq
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
ZMushtaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Eastern
Posts: 6
Default

Hi,

I have a GX-2014 top model and recently my friend bought the same but from another dealer. I noticed he had white light instead of yellow inside the cabin and under the vehicle...Has Lexus started installing white LEDs instead of yellow ones?
ZMushtaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 06:31 AM   #203
bigsley18
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: tx
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMushtaq View Post
Hi,

I have a GX-2014 top model and recently my friend bought the same but from another dealer. I noticed he had white light instead of yellow inside the cabin and under the vehicle...Has Lexus started installing white LEDs instead of yellow ones?
Ask him if he installed a set or if he paid extra for a set because I know Sewell sells an interior LED set on that website. But as far as I remember, the interior is completely halogen.
bigsley18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 08:02 AM   #204
XenonDepot
ClubLexus HID Kit Sponsor
Trader Score: (9)
 
XenonDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,407
KBcarstuff XenonDepot
Default

Hi,

The 2014 GX uses standard 194 / T10 bulb for the interior map and dome lights:

http://www.xenondepot.com/2014-gx460...bs-s/29893.htm

Steve
__________________



ClubLexus SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$
AUTHORIZED LEXUS Parts & Accessories VENDOR SINCE 2004 - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
XenonDepot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 10:40 AM   #205
ZMushtaq
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
ZMushtaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Eastern
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsley18 View Post
Ask him if he installed a set or if he paid extra for a set because I know Sewell sells an interior LED set on that website. But as far as I remember, the interior is completely halogen.
He is not a person who will do anything by himsef... He got it as it is.... I like white light inside the cabin ....
ZMushtaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 11:06 AM   #206
ZMushtaq
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
ZMushtaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Eastern
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
Hi,

The 2014 GX uses standard 194 / T10 bulb for the interior map and dome lights:

http://www.xenondepot.com/2014-gx460...bs-s/29893.htm

Steve
Steve,

Kindly confirm if i need to order 980385 to replace all roof Doom lights? What about door lights and about the part number for the 4x running board lights? Also confirm if these can be shipped to Saudi Arabia.

Last edited by ZMushtaq; 06-20-14 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: need more information on shipping
ZMushtaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 11:12 AM   #207
ZMushtaq
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
ZMushtaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Eastern
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiroshima View Post
Finally got to install my LEDs from XenonDepot, wow . . . easy

I have no idea why it too me so long to get my act together-- Once I got the nerve to pop the light casing open, it was a snap. For the driver/passenger dome light (it was mentioned in an earlier post, but I was skimming . . . .), it is easiest to pry from the hinge side of the light.

One comment, I should have noticed this, but didn't. The XenonDepot (kbcarstuff.com) GX460 LED Dome Light Kit (product # 980385) does NOT come with the LEDs for the doors, it only comes with (duh), the dome lights. I guess not a huge issue, but I would have thought a "kit" would have included the door LEDs as well.

I guess I will be putting in another order for the (4) door LEDs as well-- Very pleased with the product; I bought the dome light kit and the LEDs for the running boards, thanks! KH

12 hour edit-- WOW, be warned, these dome lights are BRIGHT. I'm reconsidering the replacement of all six bulbs, it's practically daytime when you open the doors
HI Khiroshima,

What do you mean by dome light kit for the running boards, do we need to install a kit to replace the original bulbs?
ZMushtaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 11:12 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
460, 5k, 6k, diys, dome, dyi, gx, gx460, gx470, interior, led, lexus, lights, modifications, putco, vleds

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<<< HID Powerhouse <<< **2008-2013 IS-F H.I.D. and L.E.D. Lighting Upgrades** HIDPH Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace 216 Yesterday 07:15 PM
DIY Door LED Guide AL13NV8D3R GS - Fourth Generation 6 04-19-14 10:58 AM
LED Upgrade Guide JiniJazz RX - Third Generation 26 10-08-12 03:05 PM
3GS Frequently Asked Questions and DIY Thread - Please look here first! passnu2 GS - Third Generation 0 03-05-10 04:44 PM
3GS FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and DIY Thread ★★ New Members Start Here! ★★ FAQ & DIY GS - Third Generation 0 04-13-01 04:00 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info