GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-11, 04:27 PM
Risa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 GX470 Suspension shaking on road

have had 2 gx470's perfect - new 2011 gx460 constantly vibrating when driving
michelin tires perfect not the tires they are saying this is the way they feel
now impossible - constantly feeling the road and all shaking
anybody else have this problem any way to fix
lexus says no don't believe they could ruin a wonderful vehicle
Old 05-18-11, 05:19 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Risa
have had 2 gx470's perfect - new 2011 gx460 constantly vibrating when driving
michelin tires perfect not the tires they are saying this is the way they feel
now impossible - constantly feeling the road and all shaking
anybody else have this problem any way to fix
lexus says no don't believe they could ruin a wonderful vehicle
Wrong thread. Open a fresh thread in the main directory and I am sure you will get plenty of responses. This is a mod one.
Old 10-04-11, 06:06 AM
ktm317
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to everyone here who spent the time to do all the research and posting to show us how to install the lights. You made it a lot faster and easier for me to change out the lights in my wifes GX. And it looks great....
Old 10-17-11, 12:25 PM
OwnerGX460
Driver School Candidate

Default disassemble Front Center Cupholder on 2010 GX460

You had very nice posts.

Do you know how to disassemble Front Center Cupholder on 2010 GX460?
I have some stuff (credit card and other thin stuff) dropped into cupholder (underneath cupholder lid). Dealer said take at least $200+ for the job. Great appreciated if anybody here can show some pictures. Thanks advance.
Old 10-17-11, 01:01 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by OwnerGX460
You had very nice posts.

Do you know how to disassemble Front Center Cupholder on 2010 GX460?
I have some stuff (credit card and other thin stuff) dropped into cupholder (underneath cupholder lid). Dealer said take at least $200+ for the job. Great appreciated if anybody here can show some pictures. Thanks advance.
I don't have my GX anymore, but will try to describe without pictures.
1.) Engage hand break (actually kick it in with your foot).
2.) Shift the car to N and turn off the engine. Necessary as you will not be able to remove center console with the truck in P.
3.) Remove shift **** (unscrew it) - may take initial force
4.) remove sides to your center console (leather pieces on each side). There are no screws, those just pop in. start from rear toward the front.
5.) Lift up from rear the whole center console (by the storage compartmnt between front seats)
6.) while lifting up the center console, pull the console toward rear of the truck. It hooks in front. When putting back, you will need to push in first before droping the center console down.
7.) Unplug all the cables to switches, etc and you have center console out and you should be able to get everything out without any problem.

The whole process takes no more than 10 minutes and I don't remember using any tools to remove it.
Old 10-18-11, 09:24 AM
OwnerGX460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Luke27617
I don't have my GX anymore, but will try to describe without pictures.
1.) Engage hand break (actually kick it in with your foot).
2.) Shift the car to N and turn off the engine. Necessary as you will not be able to remove center console with the truck in P.
3.) Remove shift **** (unscrew it) - may take initial force
4.) remove sides to your center console (leather pieces on each side). There are no screws, those just pop in. start from rear toward the front.
5.) Lift up from rear the whole center console (by the storage compartmnt between front seats)
6.) while lifting up the center console, pull the console toward rear of the truck. It hooks in front. When putting back, you will need to push in first before droping the center console down.
7.) Unplug all the cables to switches, etc and you have center console out and you should be able to get everything out without any problem.

The whole process takes no more than 10 minutes and I don't remember using any tools to remove it.

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll try your procedures when I have time, may be next weekend.
Old 11-23-11, 01:22 PM
OwnerGX460
Driver School Candidate

Default disassemble Front Center Cupholder on 2010 GX460

Lexus dealer told me a technician will need 1 and half hours for this (it would be $200 at least, right?) and I got help from Luke27617, I did in 2 minutes.

Please see the attachment.
Attached Files
Old 03-17-12, 05:12 AM
skillsword
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Led drl

I installed the Philips 8 LED DRL on my GX. They look awesome.
Day Mode / Night Mode
Attached Thumbnails Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_1148.jpg   Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!-img_1150.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Chadmacc (07-24-17)
Old 08-02-12, 08:47 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Does anybody know the wattage of the OEM H11 Fog light bulbs? I'm debabting between the LED's posted in this thread and PIAA bulbs. I'm afraid the PIAA bulbs may get too hot and melt the plastic lens.
Old 08-02-12, 09:19 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Be prepared to get no useable light output from your fogs if you end up installing LED bulbs in the fogs. Are you looking to change the bulbs in the fog lights for a functional upgrade or a cosmetic one?

Steve
Old 08-02-12, 09:31 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Be prepared to get no useable light output from your fogs if you end up installing LED bulbs in the fogs. Are you looking to change the bulbs in the fog lights for a functional upgrade or a cosmetic one?

Steve
Functional 100%
Old 08-02-12, 09:37 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Assuming you are not looking to get an HID Kit (this will get you the most light output), I would suggest looking at the H11 Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs. They are rated at the same wattage as your stock bulbs and will provide you with more light output than your stock bulbs. They will also have a slightly crisper color output than your stock bulbs. Here is a pretty cool video that one of our customers put together showing the difference between his stock 9005 high beam bulbs and 9005 Osram Night breaker plus bulbs:

Steve
Old 08-02-12, 09:43 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Are there any heat issues with the fog light bulbs in the OEM housing? I have upgraded H11 bulbs in other vehicles and ended up heating up the plastic reflector and melting it. The OEM bulbs were a low wattage, I replaced them with a 60W bulb and had the issue.
Old 08-02-12, 09:51 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Are you asking about HID or these halogen bulbs? In both cases though, you will not have any issues with overheating the housings as our HID Kits will not burn hotter than your stock h11 bulbs and these Osram bulbs are rated at the same wattage so they will also not burn any hotter.

Steve
Old 08-02-12, 10:48 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Are you asking about HID or these halogen bulbs? In both cases though, you will not have any issues with overheating the housings as our HID Kits will not burn hotter than your stock h11 bulbs and these Osram bulbs are rated at the same wattage so they will also not burn any hotter.

Steve
Ok, I guess that answers my question, the OEM bulbs are 55W. Nice video, I'll be in touch.

Quick Reply: Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!