Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Official 2nd Gen GX Modification (DIY) Thread!!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-11, 05:27 PM   #181
Risa
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: mi
Posts: 10
Default 2011 GX470 Suspension shaking on road

have had 2 gx470's perfect - new 2011 gx460 constantly vibrating when driving
michelin tires perfect not the tires they are saying this is the way they feel
now impossible - constantly feeling the road and all shaking
anybody else have this problem any way to fix
lexus says no don't believe they could ruin a wonderful vehicle
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Risa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 06:19 PM   #182
Luke27617
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)
 
Luke27617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa View Post
have had 2 gx470's perfect - new 2011 gx460 constantly vibrating when driving
michelin tires perfect not the tires they are saying this is the way they feel
now impossible - constantly feeling the road and all shaking
anybody else have this problem any way to fix
lexus says no don't believe they could ruin a wonderful vehicle
Wrong thread. Open a fresh thread in the main directory and I am sure you will get plenty of responses. This is a mod one.
Luke27617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 07:06 AM   #183
ktm317
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2
Default

Thanks to everyone here who spent the time to do all the research and posting to show us how to install the lights. You made it a lot faster and easier for me to change out the lights in my wifes GX. And it looks great....
ktm317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-11, 01:25 PM   #184
OwnerGX460
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MO
Posts: 4
Default disassemble Front Center Cupholder on 2010 GX460

You had very nice posts.

Do you know how to disassemble Front Center Cupholder on 2010 GX460?
I have some stuff (credit card and other thin stuff) dropped into cupholder (underneath cupholder lid). Dealer said take at least $200+ for the job. Great appreciated if anybody here can show some pictures. Thanks advance.
OwnerGX460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-11, 02:01 PM   #185
Luke27617
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)
 
Luke27617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnerGX460 View Post
You had very nice posts.

Do you know how to disassemble Front Center Cupholder on 2010 GX460?
I have some stuff (credit card and other thin stuff) dropped into cupholder (underneath cupholder lid). Dealer said take at least $200+ for the job. Great appreciated if anybody here can show some pictures. Thanks advance.
I don't have my GX anymore, but will try to describe without pictures.
1.) Engage hand break (actually kick it in with your foot).
2.) Shift the car to N and turn off the engine. Necessary as you will not be able to remove center console with the truck in P.
3.) Remove shift **** (unscrew it) - may take initial force
4.) remove sides to your center console (leather pieces on each side). There are no screws, those just pop in. start from rear toward the front.
5.) Lift up from rear the whole center console (by the storage compartmnt between front seats)
6.) while lifting up the center console, pull the console toward rear of the truck. It hooks in front. When putting back, you will need to push in first before droping the center console down.
7.) Unplug all the cables to switches, etc and you have center console out and you should be able to get everything out without any problem.

The whole process takes no more than 10 minutes and I don't remember using any tools to remove it.
Luke27617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-11, 10:24 AM   #186
OwnerGX460
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MO
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke27617 View Post
I don't have my GX anymore, but will try to describe without pictures.
1.) Engage hand break (actually kick it in with your foot).
2.) Shift the car to N and turn off the engine. Necessary as you will not be able to remove center console with the truck in P.
3.) Remove shift **** (unscrew it) - may take initial force
4.) remove sides to your center console (leather pieces on each side). There are no screws, those just pop in. start from rear toward the front.
5.) Lift up from rear the whole center console (by the storage compartmnt between front seats)
6.) while lifting up the center console, pull the console toward rear of the truck. It hooks in front. When putting back, you will need to push in first before droping the center console down.
7.) Unplug all the cables to switches, etc and you have center console out and you should be able to get everything out without any problem.

The whole process takes no more than 10 minutes and I don't remember using any tools to remove it.

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll try your procedures when I have time, may be next weekend.
OwnerGX460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-11, 02:22 PM   #187
OwnerGX460
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MO
Posts: 4
Default disassemble Front Center Cupholder on 2010 GX460

Lexus dealer told me a technician will need 1 and half hours for this (it would be $200 at least, right?) and I got help from Luke27617, I did in 2 minutes.

Please see the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Central Cup Holder Disassembly.docx (1.65 MB, 146 views)
OwnerGX460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 06:12 AM   #188
skillsword
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 7
Default Led drl

I installed the Philips 8 LED DRL on my GX. They look awesome.
Day Mode / Night Mode
Attached Images
  
skillsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 09:47 AM   #189
Eppieguy
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 561
Default

Does anybody know the wattage of the OEM H11 Fog light bulbs? I'm debabting between the LED's posted in this thread and PIAA bulbs. I'm afraid the PIAA bulbs may get too hot and melt the plastic lens.
Eppieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 10:19 AM   #190
XenonDepot
ClubLexus HID Kit Sponsor
Trader Score: (9)
 
XenonDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,525
KBcarstuff XenonDepot
Default

Be prepared to get no useable light output from your fogs if you end up installing LED bulbs in the fogs. Are you looking to change the bulbs in the fog lights for a functional upgrade or a cosmetic one?

Steve
__________________



ClubLexus SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$
AUTHORIZED LEXUS Parts & Accessories VENDOR SINCE 2004 - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
XenonDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 10:31 AM   #191
Eppieguy
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
Be prepared to get no useable light output from your fogs if you end up installing LED bulbs in the fogs. Are you looking to change the bulbs in the fog lights for a functional upgrade or a cosmetic one?

Steve
Functional 100%
Eppieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 10:37 AM   #192
XenonDepot
ClubLexus HID Kit Sponsor
Trader Score: (9)
 
XenonDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,525
KBcarstuff XenonDepot
Default

Assuming you are not looking to get an HID Kit (this will get you the most light output), I would suggest looking at the H11 Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs. They are rated at the same wattage as your stock bulbs and will provide you with more light output than your stock bulbs. They will also have a slightly crisper color output than your stock bulbs. Here is a pretty cool video that one of our customers put together showing the difference between his stock 9005 high beam bulbs and 9005 Osram Night breaker plus bulbs:


Steve
__________________



ClubLexus SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$
AUTHORIZED LEXUS Parts & Accessories VENDOR SINCE 2004 - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
XenonDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 10:43 AM   #193
Eppieguy
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 561
Default

Are there any heat issues with the fog light bulbs in the OEM housing? I have upgraded H11 bulbs in other vehicles and ended up heating up the plastic reflector and melting it. The OEM bulbs were a low wattage, I replaced them with a 60W bulb and had the issue.
Eppieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 10:51 AM   #194
XenonDepot
ClubLexus HID Kit Sponsor
Trader Score: (9)
 
XenonDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,525
KBcarstuff XenonDepot
Default

Are you asking about HID or these halogen bulbs? In both cases though, you will not have any issues with overheating the housings as our HID Kits will not burn hotter than your stock h11 bulbs and these Osram bulbs are rated at the same wattage so they will also not burn any hotter.

Steve
__________________



ClubLexus SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$
AUTHORIZED LEXUS Parts & Accessories VENDOR SINCE 2004 - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
XenonDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 11:48 AM   #195
Eppieguy
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
Are you asking about HID or these halogen bulbs? In both cases though, you will not have any issues with overheating the housings as our HID Kits will not burn hotter than your stock h11 bulbs and these Osram bulbs are rated at the same wattage so they will also not burn any hotter.

Steve
Ok, I guess that answers my question, the OEM bulbs are 55W. Nice video, I'll be in touch.
Eppieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 11:48 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<<< HID Powerhouse <<< **2008-2013 IS-F H.I.D. and L.E.D. Lighting Upgrades** HIDPH Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace 249 Yesterday 07:28 PM
DIY Door LED Guide AL13NV8D3R GS - Fourth Generation 10 11-11-14 03:24 PM
LED Upgrade Guide JiniJazz RX - Third Generation 26 10-08-12 04:05 PM
3GS Frequently Asked Questions and DIY Thread - Please look here first! passnu2 GS - Third Generation 0 03-05-10 05:44 PM
3GS FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and DIY Thread ★★ New Members Start Here! ★★ FAQ & DIY GS - Third Generation 0 04-13-01 05:00 AM


Tags
460, 5k, 6k, diys, dome, dyi, gx, gx460, gx470, interior, led, lexus, lights, modifications, putco, vleds

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info