GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-13, 07:13 AM
bigsley18
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just picked up a leftover '13 GX 460 last night at Sewell-Dallas. So after lurking for 10 years, I'm finally an official club member. You guys all seem to be a cool bunch of owners and I look forward to lurking some more
Old 11-06-13, 10:35 AM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile welcome

Congrats's and welcome
Old 11-06-13, 01:06 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsley18
Just picked up a leftover '13 GX 460 last night at Sewell-Dallas. So after lurking for 10 years, I'm finally an official club member. You guys all seem to be a cool bunch of owners and I look forward to lurking some more
Congratulations and welcome!
Old 11-07-13, 03:10 PM
alder8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up a 2014 GX 460 a couple of days ago. Black with Ecru leather, Premium package. Love the car so far!!!!
Old 11-07-13, 03:54 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by alder8
Picked up a 2014 GX 460 a couple of days ago. Black with Ecru leather, Premium package. Love the car so far!!!!
Congratulations!
Old 11-18-13, 06:38 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After waiting (impatiently) for almost 2 months, I finally took delivery of mine this weekend! So far so great! (Mine came with Bridgestones btw Craig.) A few initial thoughts:

Quality: Overall quality is great. Yes, there is some cheapness here and there but looks and feels solid overall. The power folding mirror switch has a harsh, grating action that doesn't belong on any car at any price. The sunglasses holder sucks, guess I'll have to get a visor clip after all. My salesman picked me up in his 2008 LS460....It didn't strike me as lightyears ahead of the GX, which surprised me and is a great compliment to the GX interior.

Comfort: Had some concerns about the seats, but after putting 120 miles on mine this weekend, I can say that it's very comfortable. I'm 6'2", and there is plenty of room all around. Great visibility and seating position.

Truck is truck: Great handling and performance for such a vehicle. My Mustang was admittedly a "truckish" sports car, what with the solid rear axel and all. Honestly, I'm not really missing it from a performance standpoint. Smooooth drivetrain. Good brake feel. Good steering feel.

NAV: The NAV is ok, not really blowing me away. Pairing and using my iPhone 5 was easy. I'm really annoyed that I can't make the "HOME" screen my default screen when starting the vehicle, even though I set the "Auto Screen Change" option to OFF. It always defaults to NAV screen when starting up. Overall operation seems a little slow, I expected it to be a little snappier. Not bad by any means, just not phone/tablet fast.

Overall, loving it. With the possible exception of the full-size Land Cruiser/LX570, is there a better BOF vehicle in the world?? I don't think so. I hope and pray that it will last me for many many years to come.
Old 11-18-13, 12:13 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, the LED headlights are amazing! The brightness, color, and beam pattern are the best I've ever experienced. Inspire confidence while driving at night. And I thought the foglights would be too small to be effective and were just cosmetic, but they really do make a difference.
Old 11-18-13, 04:40 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by SecPole14
Also, the LED headlights are amazing! The brightness, color, and beam pattern are the best I've ever experienced. Inspire confidence while driving at night. And I thought the foglights would be too small to be effective and were just cosmetic, but they really do make a difference.
Congratulations! They wouldn't swap out your tires? The Bridgestone tires have a low tread wear rating. I had them on my X5 and was not impressed. It came with Michelin tires, but 3 out of 4 of my wheels on my BMW X5 were damaged in shipping. They swapped out wheels and tires and that's how I got stuck with the Bridgestone tires. They were terrible in the snow. I also found the that it takes longer for the Bluetooth to pair with my phone than on my 2010 GX 460. I really like mine as well.

Regards,

Craig
Old 11-20-13, 05:41 AM
johnandkri
Driver School Candidate

Default 2014 gx 460

Boat dock at JAX and our 2014 GX 460 offloaded. Due at Augusta GA Lexus before Thanksgiving.
Knights Armor Pearl
Sepia Interior
Blind Spot Monitor
Headlamp Washer
Premium Pck
Remote Engine Start
Wood Leather trimmed Steering wheel and shift
Chrome Exhaust Tip
Wish we had the Heads Up and Dynamic Cruise Control but they said it would have taken months to order and get one.
Old 11-20-13, 07:41 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by johnandkri
Boat dock at JAX and our 2014 GX 460 offloaded. Due at Augusta GA Lexus before Thanksgiving.
Knights Armor Pearl
Sepia Interior
Blind Spot Monitor
Headlamp Washer
Premium Pck
Remote Engine Start
Chrome Exhaust Tip
Wish we had the Heads Up and Dynamic Cruise Control but they said it would have taken months to order and get one.

heads up? when did that become available on gx?
Old 11-20-13, 07:54 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default It does take a little bit.

Originally Posted by johnandkri
Knights Armor Pearl
Sepia Interior
Blind Spot Monitor
Headlamp Washer
Premium Pck
Remote Engine Start
Chrome Exhaust Tip
I ordered mine last month with the Driver's Support package. It will be here just before Christmas. They are building it this week. Should have ship assignment late next week.

Randy B
Old 11-28-13, 07:27 PM
kroorda
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2012 gx

I have a white 2012 GX with Premium package. I live in the mountains and very much utilize the vehicle's 4WD capabilities.
Old 12-04-13, 08:46 AM
Flyinbrick
Rookie

Hey guys (& gals), just thought I'd come in and say hello. I just bought a 2010 GX w/ Premium Blk/blk with the rear entertainment system. I love Lexus as a brand for it's reliability and comfort, this is my 3rd (GS460, SC400).

Old 12-04-13, 09:26 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyinbrick
Hey guys (& gals), just thought I'd come in and say hello. I just bought a 2010 GX w/ Premium Blk/blk with the rear entertainment system. I love Lexus as a brand for it's reliability and comfort, this is my 3rd (GS460, SC400).

Welcome, Looks like somebody added the body side moulding for you.
Old 12-04-13, 11:19 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
Welcome, Looks like somebody added the body side moulding for you.
Body side molding was standard on the premium model in 2010. Congratulations and enjoy!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE