GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-11, 06:14 PM
ShawShank
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
nice- yours looks especially nice with the chrome 4runner rims

seems like the activity here has died down quite a bit over the year imho, or new owners dont know about this forum or dont want to post
Actually they are Lexus wheels - http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2012/4358.html

I have them for sale saying the are 4runner wheels too!
Old 12-25-11, 07:02 AM
DLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just took delivery

I just took delivery of my 2012 GX460 premium. Thank you to all who post on this forum. It has been a great source of my research and was a large part in helping me make a decision after looking at many makes and models over the last three months.
Old 02-22-12, 11:38 AM
SCMODS
Driver School Candidate

Picked up my 2012 base last Thursday. First Lexus ever. Primarily been a domestic guy with occasional flings to Sweden and UK. Was not even in the market but found myself at the dealer getting my mother an RX and fell in love with this thing in the showroom. The layout, materials and design of the interior sold me. It's a lavish place to spend your commute.

Specs: Starfire Pearl with Ecru, Convenience package, Nav, Comfort plus package, exhaust tip and preferred accessory package. Sticker was $59,830

Just had tint applied yesterday for that Chamillionaire "riding dirty" look.

So far I'm loving this thing. It's like rolling down the road in a bank vault! I'm someone who treasures quiet and solitude....and this truck delivers. I do think the throttle response takes some getting used to. My wife's LR4 and daughter's Pathfinder deliver a ton more off-the-line punch by barely moving the pedal but after a week I'm getting the hang of the GX. The mileage seems fantastic for such a beefy SUV.

I'd also like to echo previous posts by thanking everyone for the wealth of info on these threads. Much appreciated.

Delivery bay:

This morning with 38% tint on the front windows:

Last edited by SCMODS; 02-22-12 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-23-12, 12:44 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SCMODS
Picked up my 2012 base last Thursday. First Lexus ever. Primarily been a domestic guy with occasional flings to Sweden and UK. Was not even in the market but found myself at the dealer getting my mother an RX and fell in love with this thing in the showroom. The layout, materials and design of the interior sold me. It's a lavish place to spend your commute.

Specs: Starfire Pearl with Ecru, Convenience package, Nav, Comfort plus package, exhaust tip and preferred accessory package. Sticker was $59,830

Just had tint applied yesterday for that Chamillionaire "riding dirty" look.

So far I'm loving this thing. It's like rolling down the road in a bank vault! I'm someone who treasures quiet and solitude....and this truck delivers. I do think the throttle response takes some getting used to. My wife's LR4 and daughter's Pathfinder deliver a ton more off-the-line punch by barely moving the pedal but after a week I'm getting the hang of the GX. The mileage seems fantastic for such a beefy SUV.

I'd also like to echo previous posts by thanking everyone for the wealth of info on these threads. Much appreciated.

Delivery bay:

This morning with 38% tint on the front windows:

congrats you will enjoy it.
Old 02-24-12, 09:55 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

Looks great SCMODS. The added molding to the base model's doors make it look so much better than before.
Old 02-24-12, 01:54 PM
SCMODS
Driver School Candidate

Thank you Patgilm. I actually wanted that Sepia interior you have solely for dirt-fighting reasons but they were fresh out of that combo. I love the way my ecru looks and I'm a clean car nut, so its upkeep will be my personal challenge.

The precision of this vehicle...the way the switches and ***** feel and move....it's all very new to me and I'm really liking it. I rushed the delivery process in order to make a meeting I had, so I'm happily discovering new features daily!

I also wanted to mention, having been involved with Range Rover and Corvette boards in the past...the list of people's gripes about this truck made me laugh. Not belittling those comments but reading through these boards, the lack of reoccurring widespread mechanical issues is obvious. GXs ain't perfect but get yourself a two year old Rover and you'll experience true terror in automobile ownership. There's a very good reason extended warranties are $2,000 for GXs and $5,500 for RRs.

Last edited by SCMODS; 02-24-12 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-28-12, 11:06 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

You will notice if you wear jeans with Lexus' lighter color leather options that the dye will run on to the seats so I use Zaino leather cleaner every so often and it gets most of it up pretty good. I am sure other brands are just as good but this is what I use for my LS and my previous GX.
Old 02-28-12, 02:16 PM
SCMODS
Driver School Candidate

Yep. My shipment of Leather Masters protectant just arrived today. It was highly recommended on some other Lexus forums.

My wife's been teasing me the past two weeks because I declared my GX cabin a no-denim zone and banned all jean-wearing passengers until I apply the stuff.
Old 03-16-12, 08:30 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Picked up our New 2012 GX460 Premium a couple of weeks ago and Love this thing compared to our old '04 GX. This will be the Wife's DD and we're keeping the old GX for me pulling the boat and driving in the snow etc so I don't have to drive my IS F in it and wreck it again...
Love the Claret Red Mica color that we didn't see except in pics before we bought the car! It certainly changes quite a bit depending on light conditions, but looks Beautiful in FULL SUN!!!
Wife INSISTED we got the Dealer heavily pushed "Bainoil"? treatment on the inteior and some "special" paint sealant on the exterior for $500!!! I think it was a total Waste but she was driving me Crazy! The updated technologies are very nice... (BT, ipod, heated/cooled seats, etc)
We had aftermarket DVD rear headrest players installed by Lexus and have been happy so far for people considering this option on non OEM Rear Seat Entertainment option.

Old 03-16-12, 11:08 AM
ShawShank
Rookie

Originally Posted by ERDoc74

I like your style Doc! Please update us as the mods happen.
Old 03-16-12, 01:37 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ShawShank
I like your style Doc! Please update us as the mods happen.
Doubt the wife will let me mod it....
Old 03-16-12, 05:06 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Congratulations! I think all of that add on crap the dealers are selling is a waste of money, but if she's happy, that's all that matters...

Enjoy!
Old 03-19-12, 11:22 AM
ShawShank
Rookie

I was confusing your sig line with the GX.

you should mod your 470 just because. When the zombies attack you can say... I told you so.

This guys gx470 is simply bad to the bone. http://forum.ih8mud.com/120-series-t...003-gx470.html

I realize it's not for everyone - but you've already got your "fast" car. Now you need your "go anywhere" truck.

Sorry... the Prepers show has me on high alert
Old 03-19-12, 05:05 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ShawShank
I was confusing your sig line with the GX.

you should mod your 470 just because. When the zombies attack you can say... I told you so.

This guys gx470 is simply bad to the bone. http://forum.ih8mud.com/120-series-t...003-gx470.html

I realize it's not for everyone - but you've already got your "fast" car. Now you need your "go anywhere" truck.

Sorry... the Prepers show has me on high alert
Sory for the confusion... yes the list of mods is for my '11 IS F It is a BEAST!
You know that's a good idea to mod my '04 GX 470, but I think my wife would BLOW! She's had it with the endless mods to my IS F... The link you posted has definitely got my wheels spinning though! LOL Those are some sweet rigs...
Old 03-29-12, 08:44 PM
msv94
Driver School Candidate

Hello to everyone! Just wanted to share that last night I picked a 2012 gx460 fully loaded (all options) besides a hitch for my wife. My wife has been lookin for a car for a while now we have test drove a number of cars gl550 (used), New Infinti jx35, Acura mdx, and she did not like any of them. Personally I liked the Gl550 but we did not want to spend 90grand to buy a new one and used ones were running 68-70 with 20,000 miles just not worth it. Especially being that german cars tend to have a lot of reliability issues. Anyway, we test drove the new jx35 this past weekend and she did not like it so on our way home I talked her into going to look at the Lexus Rx even though she wanted a 3row suv. She drove it but was turned off at the fact that it did not have 3rows. The salesman then took us out back and showed us a fully loaded gx and it was love at first sight for her. I dont know why we never thought of looking at this car. I guess cause there is not many on the road so never crossed our minds. I at first was not to excited about the car but after taking it out for a ride I liked it also. There are some gripes I have with it is it seems a little underpowered for such a big truck. Maybe cause I drive a Infinti fx50 and Z06 vette and am use to a little more power. For her it is more then enough though. Handling is a little floaty and its top heavy but Its in comfort mode so I have to try it in sport mode. Another thing I wish they did was put some larger rims and tires on it to fill out those large wheel wells. Maybe they were concerned with hurting ride quality cause it definetly floats butter smooth. Interior is gorgeous besides the center stack I feel like they could of made that more luxurious for a pretty hefty priced luxury suv. We got $3500 of msrp ($66,750) and a $1500 rebate for trading in another luxury brand rival for a lexus. They also gave us $3500 for our 119,000 mile 99 infiniti qx4. not sure if this is a good deal or not but it is what it is. But overall this is a nice suv and the wife is happier then ever so that whats important. Now let the modding begin )

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE