GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-10, 09:21 PM
AnthonyL88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
470 owners just a little envious i would think with the much outdated interior and lack of cool tech features we enjoy
I recently got my 2008 Lexus GX470 stolen on Labor Day. I'm currently looking for a new car and thinking about the 2011 Lexus GX460 Premium or BMW X5.

Should I get the 2011 GX460 or 2011 BMW X5 Sport Activity? One thing I dislike about the BMW X5 is it's being made in BMW South Carolina factory.
Old 11-08-10, 06:47 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyL88
I recently got my 2008 Lexus GX470 stolen on Labor Day. I'm currently looking for a new car and thinking about the 2011 Lexus GX460 Premium or BMW X5.

Should I get the 2011 GX460 or 2011 BMW X5 Sport Activity? One thing I dislike about the BMW X5 is it's being made in BMW South Carolina factory.
Personally I like the X5 look better, but as you I was worried about being built in SC and high maintence cost after warranty period (everything computer operated and need to be serviced by dealer only because of that). Also the current body style will be changed the next couple years, so I wanted something that will have a new design for a little longer.

Also you have to look if you are looking for cross-over (more comfortable ride but limited off-road capibility) or true off-roader.
Old 01-17-11, 06:59 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by luvlexus16
Hello all, does anyone on here own a 2010 or 2011 gx460 in the claret mica? The color seems nice online, but they do not have any in that color at my local dealership . Would anyone be able to post pics of their vehicle?
Thanks,

Luvlexus16

Here is a link to an earlier post.
Old 01-26-11, 05:44 AM
GXdriver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Capirato
What Luke gave me was an approximate size. They wanted me to measure and let them know. I have nothing to measure with. At that point I had already decided to go to Kinko's and reduce the size of the one they sent me. I'll just place the shield in the opening and mark with a pen where to make the cuts.
I was surprised when I received the second one and more surprised when it was marked for a GX 460. It was way too small.

~ Cap

I just ordered one and the size is now listed at 175 x 101
Old 06-03-11, 09:11 PM
ShawShank
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ShawShank URJ150

2010 GX 460 Base
It's got all the goodies I wanted and none that I didn't. I was walking into the finance office to sign some papers on a 470 when this rolled out of service fresh from being certified. My 3 year old daughter saw it and said "Daddy look at that cool truck!" We drove it and bought it out from under some folks that went home to "think about it".

On a side note. I bought this truck, yes truck and not a car, with the stock Michelin's on them. I'm not a fan of these tires as it caused the truck to pull right it's whole life according to the services records. I just put on BFG's new Rugged Terrain (LT275/65/R18) E rated tires on. Let me tell you this is a great tire. Just within the short ride home I noticed a difference in ride quality, especially at lower speeds. But the radial pull from the Michelin's was gone.

Now for the pics..
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gx460-002.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gx460-008.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gx460-009.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gx460-010.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gx460-030.jpg  

Last edited by ShawShank; 06-03-11 at 09:12 PM. Reason: changed title
Old 06-17-11, 06:39 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawShank
2010 GX 460 Base
It's got all the goodies I wanted and none that I didn't. I was walking into the finance office to sign some papers on a 470 when this rolled out of service fresh from being certified. My 3 year old daughter saw it and said "Daddy look at that cool truck!" We drove it and bought it out from under some folks that went home to "think about it".

On a side note. I bought this truck, yes truck and not a car, with the stock Michelin's on them. I'm not a fan of these tires as it caused the truck to pull right it's whole life according to the services records. I just put on BFG's new Rugged Terrain (LT275/65/R18) E rated tires on. Let me tell you this is a great tire. Just within the short ride home I noticed a difference in ride quality, especially at lower speeds. But the radial pull from the Michelin's was gone.

Now for the pics..

nice- yours looks especially nice with the chrome 4runner rims

seems like the activity here has died down quite a bit over the year imho, or new owners dont know about this forum or dont want to post
Old 06-20-11, 01:23 PM
gxgonz
Rookie

Originally Posted by ShawShank
2010 GX 460 Base

Now for the pics..

Those tires look great! Do they rub any? As soon as these original Michies are worn down I want to go with a wider bigger tire and that size looks good.
Old 06-20-11, 04:41 PM
ShawShank
Rookie

nice- yours looks especially nice with the chrome 4runner rims

seems like the activity here has died down quite a bit over the year imho, or new owners dont know about this forum or dont want to post
is that what those rims are? I'm looking to replace them with either LX470 wheels or some LC wheels - painted of course. I'm in the process of de-blinging the GX.
I'm an off road / overland enthusiast and have an over built Land Cruiser. I spend a lot of my time on ih8mud.com. It would be nice to see other guys doing more progressive things with their very capable off road vehicles. Why be a part of a forum just to leave your rig stock

Originally Posted by gxgonz
Those tires look great! Do they rub any? As soon as these original Michies are worn down I want to go with a wider bigger tire and that size looks good.
When I first installed them - the shop said they rubbed on the front mud flaps (the ones in front of the tires) and removed them. But after driving and pulling into an off camber drive way - they rubbed just barely on the running boards. 2 days later the woman asked me to remove the running boards as they are just in the way - she's 5'10". No more rubbing.
Old 06-20-11, 08:20 PM
T4Fun
Racer

lx/lc wheels not compatible with this. you have to find appropriate offset wheels with 6 lug pattern. check out the 4runner forum

is your truck leaning to right side? doesnt look even from back view

people do not offroad the gx generally speaking. thats what the 4runner is 4
Old 09-07-11, 11:18 AM
Golferguy
Driver School Candidate

My new GX460:
Satin Cashmere Metalic with Sepia Leather
Premium Package
Navigation/Mark Levinson Audio Package
Intuitive Park Assist
Dual Screen DVD Rear-Seat Entertainment
Tow Hitch w/Ball Mount
Cargo Mat
Dealer Installed Options:
Chrome Wheels
Custom Grille
Pinstripe

Here are some photos from Photobucket since I cannot add them directly here:

The dealer had custom painted pinstriping on all of the cars in the showroom. Most also had crome wheels and a smaller few had the crome custom grill.

http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/y...t%3Dgx460b.jpg

Last edited by Golferguy; 09-13-11 at 02:43 PM. Reason: added URL to pictures
Old 09-27-11, 05:06 PM
ShawShank
Rookie

lx/lc wheels not compatible with this. you have to find appropriate offset wheels with 6 lug pattern. check out the 4runner forum

is your truck leaning to right side? doesnt look even from back view

people do not offroad the gx generally speaking. thats what the 4runner is 4
I knew that....

No it's not leaning, its my parking spot.

I'd rather off road with a v8 than a v6. I would have bought a 4runner if they still came with them. I really like the v8 when pulling an off road camper to some remote spot
Old 10-19-11, 07:17 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

My 2012 Gx 460 Premium just came in!!! Its got everything except the rear DVD system.

Name:  IMAG0170.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  75.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0171.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0172.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  63.6 KB

Finally Parked at home
Name:  IMAG0174.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  43.2 KB
Old 10-31-11, 07:07 AM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Got my wife a GX 460

Knight Armor Pearl
ML system,
parking assist,
Rear DVD

here are few pictures
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_5221.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_5222.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_5224.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_5225.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_5230.jpg  

Old 11-02-11, 06:52 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

My wife's new GX460 with 14 miles on it:
Starfire Pearl with Sepia Leather
Premium Package
Intuitive Park Assist
Preferred Accessory Package
Remote Start
Exhaust Tip

I have to say I am still not sold on the looks of this truck. With my old GX that was never in question but it was starting to look a little dated. However, I can say that this truck rides much nicer and the features are much better. I also like the sepia interior since I probably won't have to keep cleaning the blue dye from jeans off of the seats. I like the two rear screens but I think I like the one in the ceiling in my previous GX better since I have two little ones and it was easier to keep out of harms way since they couldn't reach or kick it. All in all, I am happy with the truck.
Old 11-02-11, 08:17 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by patgilm
My wife's new GX460 with 14 miles on it:
Starfire Pearl with Sepia Leather
Premium Package
Intuitive Park Assist
Preferred Accessory Package
Remote Start
Exhaust Tip

I have to say I am still not sold on the looks of this truck. With my old GX that was never in question but it was starting to look a little dated. However, I can say that this truck rides much nicer and the features are much better. I also like the sepia interior since I probably won't have to keep cleaning the blue dye from jeans off of the seats. I like the two rear screens but I think I like the one in the ceiling in my previous GX better since I have two little ones and it was easier to keep out of harms way since they couldn't reach or kick it. All in all, I am happy with the truck.

congrats. we have similar gxs minus the RSES adn remote.

the gx looks good from some angles, and ugly at other angles. cant explain it, but love it nevertheless. i used to like the 4runner, but i think the gx looks better all out. give it time and you'll understand

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE