GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

1sickpreview: 2010 gx 460

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 04:02 PM
LexFather

Post 1sickpreview: 2010 gx 460

Went to pick up an oil filter today for the 450h and a customer and salesman parked a new GX 460. It was pearl in color with the light beige leather.

I guess she was shopping as she was driving a RX when I walked back out. Luckily the GX was unlocked so I checked it out. Let me inform everyone my bias and the GX hasn't exactly been my favorite Lexus. The new one wasn't exactly something I wanted to go see as soon as it debuted.

This vehicle remains true to its 4x4 roots and looks nice and rugged compared to a lot of SUVs that are going for the swoopy wagon/crossover/coupe/shoup/ look. The 18" wheels actually fit the look well, it give a tough off-road feel. The front end in person didn't bug me so much but to me still could use some work.

There has been a lot of debate on the interior and let me tell you in person it really is fantastic. If you have save in an LX, it felt like a 7/8ths version. I really really liked it. This may be odd for me to mention first but the CHOCOLATE carpet works so well with the beige leather it really really made me grin. This also means the lower door panels are a chocolate color. It really is nice.

The wood is well done but I am not 100% sold on this hue. A lot of people have been worried Lexus has been using less wood and the doors have a nice strip on them and the console has a good use of wood. The steering wheel seems to have smaller wood slots though. The rear center armrest of course folds down but it didn't have a wood cover, it was plastic. I mention this b/c the 2RX (last gen) had a very nice wood cover for the armrest and added a nice touch in the back.

The gauges are big and seem clear and everything was within reach. The shifter had a nice leather surround. I also liked the use of leather over the glovebox and surrounding the start/stop button. It really felt high quality.

There was ample width IMO up front and this GX had the optional semi-aniline leather and if you think its a gimmick it is not. It truly feels better in quality. Headroom was good but not "oh wow big" like the LX (I am 6"4). The rear seat had room depending on where it was positioned. I can see the seats lost some comfort so it can fold flat with the rear seats.

Lexus put some thought into the rear seat as you can open just the window and the buttons to fold them are on the drivers side. It is a quick reach. Slightly noisy but it folded like a charm and wham, flat floor!! There seemed to be ample room with the seats folded. I will say I wish it was "one touch" to fold/raise the seats.

Fit and finish everywhere seemed good and the paint finish seemed great.

This was a base GX was 51k and was 58k with these packages

Base Model $0.00
Base Model
Comfort Plus Package with Additional Option $1,770.00
Comfort Plus Package includes:
- Semi-aniline leather-trimmed interior
- Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift ****
- Three-zone automatic climate control with interior air filter, smog sensor and automatic recirculation mode
- Heated rear seats
Additional Option:
- Wood trim with ecru or sepia interior
Navigation System with Additional Options $4,560.00
Navigation System includes:
- HDD Navigation System including voice command, color LCD display and Enhanced Bluetooth technology
- XM Radio, XM NavTraffic®, XM NavWeather™, XM® Sports and Stocks. Subscription required. 90-day trial subscription included
- Lexus Enform offers Destination Assist and eDestination. Subscription required. One-year trial subscription included
Additional Options:
- Comfort Plus Package
- Convenience Package
- Wood trim with ecru or sepia interior

Overall I left impressed and I see why this is a popular vehicle with some people. I feel it is going to do well like the 1GX did. Great job Lexus.

Sorry iPhone pics....again the vehicle looks much better in person.

You will notice the chocolate theme even in the rear.

The final pic shows where the controls are for the rear seat.
Attached Thumbnails 1sickpreview: 2010 gx 460-gx1.jpg   1sickpreview: 2010 gx 460-gx2.jpg   1sickpreview: 2010 gx 460-gx3.jpg   1sickpreview: 2010 gx 460-gx4.jpg  

Old 01-20-10, 05:14 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the information and pictures. In Canada, the GX is released today so my dealer will call me sometime this week or next week for a test drive. I'm basically worried about ease of entry/exit of the vehicle since my mom's got an arthritic knee and if she really needs to take a large "step" into the vehicle then the GX clearly is not going to work for us. Also I'm a bit worried about the front legroom, as my legs seem to be a bit longer than the average 6-footers. Glad to hear that there's quite a bit of headroom. All in all, I'm looking forward to trying the GX out!!
Old 01-20-10, 08:24 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by akfd
Thank you for the information and pictures. In Canada, the GX is released today so my dealer will call me sometime this week or next week for a test drive. I'm basically worried about ease of entry/exit of the vehicle since my mom's got an arthritic knee and if she really needs to take a large "step" into the vehicle then the GX clearly is not going to work for us. Also I'm a bit worried about the front legroom, as my legs seem to be a bit longer than the average 6-footers. Glad to hear that there's quite a bit of headroom. All in all, I'm looking forward to trying the GX out!!
I have long legs, I found legroom fine I hope the running boards help your mom out.

Old 01-20-10, 08:32 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by akfd
Glad to hear that you will be getting the GX460 in Canada soon. I know you've been waiting for quite a while.

The front legroom is great. I think you'll be very pleased.

Entry for your mom may be an issue. The seats appear to be just slightly higher than the current GX.
Old 01-20-10, 08:33 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by antonio98
Glad to hear that you will be getting the GX460 in Canada soon. I know you've been waiting for quite a while.

The front legroom is great. I think you'll be very pleased.

Entry for your mom may be an issue. The seats appear to be just slightly higher than the current GX.
Is there a raise/low module or setting or switch? If there is surely it can be overridden.

Old 01-20-10, 09:07 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

the 3rd gen RX uses the exact same rear armrest with the wood. it was left unchanged.

great to hear that the GX looks great in person. from the pictures, I can already tell the interior looks goods, glad it lives up to lexus customers' expectations