GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Need Help with Pricing New 2010 GX460

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-09, 06:23 AM
dgsvt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I think this will sell well. Discount or not... If you want to be the first kid on the block with the new toy, you have to pay for it. Atleast Lexus has a policy of not charging over sticker like some other brands.

So, despite my sadness that the 5.7 wasn't an option, the 4.6 is weaker than the toyota version and that the barn door is still there. I think the interior will win me over in the end.
Old 12-24-09, 09:27 AM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

People, if you can wait, you can get good deals in a couple months. My 2006 GS300 was in the same boat, released in march minimal discounts, and in june I got almost invoice...I am pretty sure these will not sell like hotcakes since the car is not that great IMO, I have seen and examined one closely at the auto show in LA, and I am a great fan of the GX
Old 12-26-09, 09:50 PM
rajapavin
Driver School Candidate

Red face Purchased 2010 GX460

Hi Everyone,

OK, here is an update. Deal is done on a 2010 loaded GX460 truck (the only option missing is the lane departure system). It made no sense for me to wait, so I bit the bullet and closed today. Not too bad of a discount either, but nothing to brag about too loudly.

Since I dont know what Dealers or Corporate Lexus types troll these forum boards, I wont publicize the details here for fear they will shut out other customers and/or get the dealer to stop discounting this hot new SUV. If anyone wants a lead for a sales person and pricing details in New England. PM me, I'm happy to help (I check the forum every few days).

Happy New Year!

RP
Old 01-11-10, 08:08 PM
bturkel1@v
Driver

Did you buy one with radar cruise? They are not building those yet? I assume you got a 9710 car with nav/ml and RES? If so the MSRP was about 65-66K correct? I am getting a hell of a deal. Will not go public but I have a silver/black due in on the 19th
Old 01-12-10, 07:16 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bturkel1@v
Will not go public but I have a silver/black due in on the 19th
That sounds like a nice color combination.

I haven't seen one yet with the black interior.

Please post pics once you get it.
Old 01-12-10, 06:35 PM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Okay, I have come to my senses.

Test drove an RX 350/GX 460/GX 470 today. My fiance and I liked what was going on with the GX 460 the most. So, next week, we will be buying a Knight's Armor Pearl/Ecru loaded.

I will be trading in my 06 IS350.

Hopefully, I will get a decent deal on my trade-in.
Old 01-14-10, 07:31 PM
bturkel1@v
Driver

My car will be at dealer next week arrived port 1/14. Silver/black 65k car. Everything but extra cameras and radar cruise, that is a special order car and would take 90-120 days to get. Trading my GS40h, getting a good deal
Old 01-17-10, 11:45 AM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Default Help

2010 GX 460 or Range Rover Sport...

I can get a decent deal on the GX 460 loaded!
or
An even better deal on a RRS HSE w/LUX Ebony/Lunar Alcantara and cameras.

I was very impressed after testdriving the Land Rover, it was very impressive! However, I have been with Lexus for the last 7 years.

Lexus has not been without it's problems, all brands have them; however, Range Rovers, from what I've read, and have been told by a certified Land Rover mechanic have a lot of electrical problems.

I was on the fence with the RX 450h/GX 460; the GX 460 won me over. The battle between the 2010 GX 460 vs. Range Rover Sport, well that's another story.
Old 01-17-10, 02:54 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dgsvt
Was that 22 pre sold before the embargo was lifted and the specs were revealed... I'm sure half of those buyers aren't happy about the rear door not being a liftgate and then another 25% are not happy about the price being almost as much as a non AWD LS460.
I think a number of those buyers will go through this sale conversion.
In walks one of the 22 pre sold buyers with a GX470 trade.
Husband and Wife "Wow that GX looks nice, I really like my GX470 but that barn door is just killing me. We heard that the rear door was redesigned. How does it work?"
Salesman "Look at this new glass hatch, Lexus really improved on one of the major complaints about the old design..."
Wife "This glass hatch is too high! I can't reach to put stuff inside... Does the bottom drop down like the LX or does the whole door power lift like the RX?"
Salesman "No, but it does have power lift 3rd row seats..."
Wife looking at the window sticker "Oh... Ouch, this a huge price increase from the previous model... Why such a large price difference and is it possible to get any kind of discount?"
Salesman "Well the dollar has been getting hammered by the yen and therefore Lexus had to increase the prices in the US to compensate. HAHAHA... Discount... NO... This is a new model with high demand. We have 22 pre sold."
Husband looking at the window sticker "So 301hp... Is that a typo since I heard the Toyota 4.6 gets 310hp?"
Salesman "No typo, the HP is different due to Lexus tuning the engine to run on Premium Gas."
Husband "So the Toyota engine gets more HP than the Lexus does? Wait... Doesn't an engine tuned to run on Premium fuel usually get more HP then one tuned to run on Regular fuel?"
Salesman "Well, It sounds like you guys are ready to get a new GX460. Are you ready to sign some paperwork."
Husband and Wife "Well, No... Our current GX470 is looking better and better. We can't justify the price increase in this economy. Especially with no discounts that I know will be coming. We got burned with our 2008 ISF. Remember you told us that this was a limited production vehicle and that there will be no discounts. So, we paid the 60K+ and then my neighbor picked one up less than a year later... discounted to 48K... Call us when you have a similar deal for me!!!"
LMFAO...amazing!
Old 01-17-10, 02:59 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dgsvt
Husband looking at the window sticker "So 301hp... Is that a typo since I heard the Toyota 4.6 gets 310hp?"
Salesman "No typo, the HP is different due to Lexus tuning the engine to run on Premium Gas."
Husband "So the Toyota engine gets more HP than the Lexus does? Wait... Doesn't an engine tuned to run on Premium fuel usually get more HP then one tuned to run on Regular fuel?"
"
The GX470 made 263hp while the Tundra 4.7 made 271hp...so there really is nothing different in the way Toyota or Lexus is rating the 4.6
Old 01-17-10, 04:14 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chi-town
2010 GX 460 or Range Rover Sport...

I can get a decent deal on the GX 460 loaded!
or
An even better deal on a RRS HSE w/LUX Ebony/Lunar Alcantara and cameras.

I was very impressed after testdriving the Land Rover, it was very impressive! However, I have been with Lexus for the last 7 years.

Lexus has not been without it's problems, all brands have them; however, Range Rovers, from what I've read, and have been told by a certified Land Rover mechanic have a lot of electrical problems.

I was on the fence with the RX 450h/GX 460; the GX 460 won me over. The battle between the 2010 GX 460 vs. Range Rover Sport, well that's another story.
I like Range Rovers too, but there are too many electrical problems with them. Also, the parts are very expensive too (at least in Canada); a couple-hundred-dollar job at a certified Lexus dealer can cost near a thousand dollars at Land Rover.
Old 01-17-10, 05:37 PM
xswl0931
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pagemaster
The GX470 made 263hp while the Tundra 4.7 made 271hp...so there really is nothing different in the way Toyota or Lexus is rating the 4.6
I have to suspect that the only reason the Lexus variants require Premium gas is that customers expect luxury == premium gas while the equivalent Toyota's only need regular.
Old 01-17-10, 11:38 PM
Bocastyle
Driver School Candidate

Hey all i'm new to this board i was curious to see what other people thought of their GX's. I am not too happy what i see about the new one. I just bought mine fully loaded last week and I LOVE IT...I paid cash so i got a whole lot of extras plus free service for 5 years chrome wheels and 2 sets of tires at no charge! I got the Navigational/ Mark Levinson Audio Package with the DVD/CD ... Intuitive park assist, Dual Scree Rear Seat Entertainment System with wireless headphones and A/V Inputs/ Exhaust Tip...Tow hitch w/ball mount...the ride is so smooth it is so comfortable and it is FAST i dont have any complaints. Yea it came out to about 66 or so i needed an suv and the LX is out of my price range and i was not impressed with the BMW or anything else. I got the Knights Armor Pearl Color oh and it has the runner boards that light up. I seriously love this vehicle and i can see myself in it for a long time! I do also have a Lexus Is250 2007 that is just sitting in the garage haha...the only thing i have to get used to is the gas mileage..but the performance makes up for it! At this price what other vehicles compare? NIce to meet you all my name is Josh...btw i got 1000 off and like i said 5 years of free service 2 sets of tires and chrome wheels !!!
Old 01-17-10, 11:40 PM
Bocastyle
Driver School Candidate

Oh and i love my Backup camera and i lay back and watch movies in parking lots all the time it is so comfy!
Old 01-18-10, 08:51 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the club Josh!

Good to hear you're enjoying the car thus far. What color is your interior?

Can you post some pics?

I have not seen one with chrome wheels. Was this a dealer option, if so, do you know the normal price for this?

Quick Reply: Need Help with Pricing New 2010 GX460