GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Need Help with Pricing New 2010 GX460

Old 12-21-09, 10:13 PM
rajapavin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Pricing New 2010 GX460

Hi Folks,

Well it looks like I am going in for my 3rd GX. I started with an 04, then an 08 and now I am considering a 2010. I'm wondering if anyone has signed a Purchase and Sale contract on a 2010 GX yet? If so what options did you get and what kind of discount off the sticker price did you receive?

I am looking at a totally loaded GX, the only thing it doesnt have is the lane departure system - which may be useful to have. I dont think many of the pre-built 2010 GX's will have the Lane Departure feature unless its special ordered with a 4 month waiting period (at least that is what I am being told. But hey, I could be being snowed by the New England Lexus dealers).

I think the list price of the car I am looking at is close to $68K. My understanding is that the invoice price is approx $60K. So there better be some serious discounting if they want me to buy it ;-).. Any thoughts or experience with 2010 actual GX deals would probably be a great resource to our GX community.

Thanks in advance and have a great holiday everyone!

RP
Old 12-22-09, 06:34 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rajapavin

Hi Folks,

I am looking at a totally loaded GX, the only thing it doesn't have is the lane departure system.

Thanks in advance and have a great holiday everyone!

RP
I was told that they are not making any with the Rear Entertainment unless they are special order and will take four months.

~ Cap
Old 12-22-09, 09:25 AM
xswl0931
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I asked Lexus of Bellevue (WA) for $2k off MSRP ($66k) and they said no.
Old 12-22-09, 10:42 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by xswl0931
I asked Lexus of Bellevue (WA) for $2k off MSRP ($66k) and they said no.
That's not surprising to hear for a brand new model.

To the OP, I would not expect that Lexus will offer any kind of deal right now on the GX460, which is typical of a much anticipated new release high-end vehicle. Deals probably will not be had for at least another 6 - 8 mo after it hits showroom floors and that's assuming they are not being released in limited numbers.
Old 12-22-09, 11:16 AM
dbacf
Driver School Candidate

Dealers will be drooling for a while with this one. I remember the same thing when the new LX570 came out, no one would budge. You could probably pick up one of those with a good discount now!
Old 12-22-09, 01:42 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

According to my local dealer, their first 22 units have been pre-sold. Wow!
Most would agree that heavy discounting won't occur until supply exceeds demand.
Old 12-23-09, 09:00 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm going to wait. In the economy, they're smoking crack asking for MSRP on anything in my opinion. My dealer told me by March they will start to free up. I'm in no hurry. I will keep my 2009 BMW X5 twin turbo diesel until prices come down. Or I might keep it until my warranty runs out. I won't keep a BMW without a warranty...

When I purchased my LS 460 in November 2006, I received $1K off of MSRP. Now, you can purchase them close to invoice. I'm not even sure I want one until I see it in person. The exterior looks ugly in the pictures I've seen. I hope it looks better in person. My dealer is going to call me when they have one to look at.

Craig
Old 12-23-09, 11:10 AM
ongtroi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
According to my local dealer, their first 22 units have been pre-sold.
Don't buy it! No way they pre-sold the whole inventory. No way.
Old 12-23-09, 11:20 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They've already increased the base price by 10% over the previous model.

I definitely will not pay full price for the new GX, and I don't mind waiting if I have to.

My 2006 GX is doing just fine.
Old 12-23-09, 01:55 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately I can't wait for too long since my current car is in pretty bad shape. And I hear the discounts are not as steep (if there is one) in Canada compared to the US. But I must look at one in person before purchasing; for some odd reason these Japanese cars seem to be designed for Japanese people (i.e., not very tall), even though I have Japanese ancestry!!
Old 12-23-09, 02:27 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
I will keep my 2009 BMW X5 twin turbo diesel until prices come down. Or I might keep it until my warranty runs out. I won't keep a BMW without a warranty...
Craig
Nice car!!!--and you are a VERY, VERY smart man to only own a BMW while its in warranty
I know for a fact that statement is very true
Old 12-23-09, 02:56 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Booyah
Nice car!!!--and you are a VERY, VERY smart man to only own a BMW while its in warranty
I know for a fact that statement is very true
Thanks! I also don't believe a dealer has pre sold 22 GX 460's. This list will thin quickly when they start calling people to put down the cash for the vehicles.

Craig
Old 12-23-09, 04:02 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Me either they are lying so bad! You show me 22 new GX's pre sold by that dealer and Ill buy one with a 1000.00 markup.
Old 12-23-09, 06:37 PM
dgsvt
Driver

Was that 22 pre sold before the embargo was lifted and the specs were revealed... I'm sure half of those buyers aren't happy about the rear door not being a liftgate and then another 25% are not happy about the price being almost as much as a non AWD LS460.
I think a number of those buyers will go through this sale conversation.
In walks one of the 22 pre sold buyers with a GX470 trade.
Husband and Wife "Wow that GX looks nice, I really like my GX470 but that barn door is just killing me. We heard that the rear door was redesigned. How does it work?"
Salesman "Look at this new glass hatch, Lexus really improved on one of the major complaints about the old design..."
Wife "This glass hatch is too high! I can't reach to put stuff inside... Does the bottom drop down like the LX or does the whole door power lift like the RX?"
Salesman "No, but it does have power lift 3rd row seats..."
Wife looking at the window sticker "Oh... Ouch, this a huge price increase from the previous model... Why such a large price difference and is it possible to get any kind of discount?"
Salesman "Well the dollar has been getting hammered by the yen and therefore Lexus had to increase the prices in the US to compensate. HAHAHA... Discount... NO... This is a new model with high demand. We have 22 pre sold."
Husband looking at the window sticker "So 301hp... Is that a typo since I heard the Toyota 4.6 gets 310hp?"
Salesman "No typo, the HP is different due to Lexus tuning the engine to run on Premium Gas."
Husband "So the Toyota engine gets more HP than the Lexus does? Wait... Doesn't an engine tuned to run on Premium fuel usually get more HP then one tuned to run on Regular fuel?"
Salesman "Well, It sounds like you guys are ready to get a new GX460. Are you ready to sign some paperwork."
Husband and Wife "Well, No... Our current GX470 is looking better and better. We can't justify the price increase in this economy. Especially with no discounts that I know will be coming. We got burned with our 2008 ISF. Remember you told us that this was a limited production vehicle and that there will be no discounts. So, we paid the 60K+ and then my neighbor picked one up less than a year later... discounted to 48K... Call us when you have a similar deal for me!!!"

Last edited by dgsvt; 01-18-10 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-24-09, 05:57 AM
dbacf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dgsvt
Was that 22 pre sold before the embargo was lifted and the specs were revealed... I'm sure half of those buyers aren't happy about the rear door not being a liftgate and then another 25% are not happy about the price being almost as much as a non AWD LS460.
I think a number of those buyers will go through this sale conversion.
In walks one of the 22 pre sold buyers with a GX470 trade.
Husband and Wife "Wow that GX looks nice, I really like my GX470 but that barn door is just killing me. We heard that the rear door was redesigned. How does it work?"
Salesman "Look at this new glass hatch, Lexus really improved on one of the major complaints about the old design..."
Wife "This glass hatch is too high! I can't reach to put stuff inside... Does the bottom drop down like the LX or does the whole door power lift like the RX?"
Salesman "No, but it does have power lift 3rd row seats..."
Wife looking at the window sticker "Oh... Ouch, this a huge price increase from the previous model... Why such a large price difference and is it possible to get any kind of discount?"
Salesman "Well the dollar has been getting hammered by the yen and therefore Lexus had to increase the prices in the US to compensate. HAHAHA... Discount... NO... This is a new model with high demand. We have 22 pre sold."
Husband looking at the window sticker "So 301hp... Is that a typo since I heard the Toyota 4.6 gets 310hp?"
Salesman "No typo, the HP is different due to Lexus tuning the engine to run on Premium Gas."
Husband "So the Toyota engine gets more HP than the Lexus does? Wait... Doesn't an engine tuned to run on Premium fuel usually get more HP then one tuned to run on Regular fuel?"
Salesman "Well, It sounds like you guys are ready to get a new GX460. Are you ready to sign some paperwork."
Husband and Wife "Well, No... Our current GX470 is looking better and better. We can't justify the price increase in this economy. Especially with no discounts that I know will be coming. We got burned with our 2008 ISF. Remember you told us that this was a limited production vehicle and that there will be no discounts. So, we paid the 60K+ and then my neighbor picked one up less than a year later... discounted to 48K... Call us when you have a similar deal for me!!!"

Sounds like you were at the same dealer I was!

question is what will they give you for a trade? I heard used vehicles are in high demand, I am sure dealer will say the opposite.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Help with Pricing New 2010 GX460