Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Need Help with Pricing New 2010 GX460

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-10, 10:51 AM   #31
dgsvt
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgsvt View Post
Was that 22 pre sold before the embargo was lifted and the specs were revealed... I'm sure half of those buyers aren't happy about the rear door not being a liftgate and then another 25% are not happy about the price being almost as much as a non AWD LS460.
I think a number of those buyers will go through this sale conversation.
In walks one of the 22 pre sold buyers with a GX470 trade.
Husband and Wife "Wow that GX looks nice, I really like my GX470 but that barn door is just killing me. We heard that the rear door was redesigned. How does it work?"
Salesman "Look at this new glass hatch, Lexus really improved on one of the major complaints about the old design..."
Wife "This glass hatch is too high! I can't reach to put stuff inside... Does the bottom drop down like the LX or does the whole door power lift like the RX?"
Salesman "No, but it does have power lift 3rd row seats..."
Wife looking at the window sticker "Oh... Ouch, this a huge price increase from the previous model... Why such a large price difference and is it possible to get any kind of discount?"
Salesman "Well the dollar has been getting hammered by the yen and therefore Lexus had to increase the prices in the US to compensate. HAHAHA... Discount... NO... This is a new model with high demand. We have 22 pre sold."
Husband looking at the window sticker "So 301hp... Is that a typo since I heard the Toyota 4.6 gets 310hp?"
Salesman "No typo, the HP is different due to Lexus tuning the engine to run on Premium Gas."
Husband "So the Toyota engine gets more HP than the Lexus does? Wait... Doesn't an engine tuned to run on Premium fuel usually get more HP then one tuned to run on Regular fuel?"
Salesman "Well, It sounds like you guys are ready to get a new GX460. Are you ready to sign some paperwork."
Husband and Wife "Well, No... Our current GX470 is looking better and better. We can't justify the price increase in this economy. Especially with no discounts that I know will be coming. We got burned with our 2008 ISF. Remember you told us that this was a limited production vehicle and that there will be no discounts. So, we paid the 60K+ and then my neighbor picked one up less than a year later... discounted to 48K... Call us when you have a similar deal for me!!!"
pagemaster

My old post actually just made me laugh out loud... I was at a dealership on Sunday with the family to see if they had any in stock. Hoping to see it in different colors and maybe like it more. I already like the interior, but not sure about the exterior (Silver, White, or Knights Armor). Not only did they have a demo vehicle left unlocked they had 4 in the back that were not marked sold. At this dealership, I never saw more than 2 GX470 in stock ever. It now makes sense that the dealerships are starting to discount the GX460. I'm sure it helps that they have 8 - 9K in markup to work with too.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
dgsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 04:30 AM   #32
bturkel1@v
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: fl
Posts: 119
Default

LAnd rover Sport the backseat is horrible
__________________
LS 460 Sport, Clear Bra, Nav/DVD hack, Lexus Visors, Trunk Spoiler, JL Audio 13" Slim woofer/500.1 Amp
bturkel1@v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 11:38 AM   #33
Craig B
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MO
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgsvt View Post
pagemaster

My old post actually just made me laugh out loud... I was at a dealership on Sunday with the family to see if they had any in stock. Hoping to see it in different colors and maybe like it more. I already like the interior, but not sure about the exterior (Silver, White, or Knights Armor). Not only did they have a demo vehicle left unlocked they had 4 in the back that were not marked sold. At this dealership, I never saw more than 2 GX470 in stock ever. It now makes sense that the dealerships are starting to discount the GX460. I'm sure it helps that they have 8 - 9K in markup to work with too.
They don't want to deal around here. I was offered $1K off MSRP. I passed on that deal. I talked to a dealer on Saturday and only 1 in 5 had the Mark Levinson stereo. I won't purchase one without the Mark Levinson system.

Craig
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 02:01 PM   #34
antonio98
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
They don't want to deal around here. I was offered $1K off MSRP. I passed on that deal. I talked to a dealer on Saturday and only 1 in 5 had the Mark Levinson stereo. I won't purchase one without the Mark Levinson system.
It seems that they are not building the base GX with Mark Levinson. You have to move up to the GX Premium, which as your dealer mentioned is only about 20% of production.
antonio98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 02:35 PM   #35
Craig B
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MO
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio98 View Post
It seems that they are not building the base GX with Mark Levinson. You have to move up to the GX Premium, which as your dealer mentioned is only about 20% of production.
I want the premium, but most aren't coming with the Mark Levinson system.

Craig
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 03:53 PM   #36
antonio98
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
I want the premium, but most aren't coming with the Mark Levinson system.

Craig
Oh. That's strange. It's not possible to configure the GX Premium with Nav and without ML. The only thing I can think of is maybe your dealer is calling the base model premium, when it is not. You may want to check with another dealer.
antonio98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 12:07 PM   #37
Craig B
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MO
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio98 View Post
Oh. That's strange. It's not possible to configure the GX Premium with Nav and without ML. The only thing I can think of is maybe your dealer is calling the base model premium, when it is not. You may want to check with another dealer.
I have a call into 3 other dealers now. One told me they have a waiting list. Plaza in St. Louis is who told me they have only received one of their 5 with Mark Levinson.

Craig
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 12:07 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2010, 460, actual, club, date, dealer, gx, gx460, lexus, mo, paid, prices, quoted, release, sale, test, white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info