Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

PR: 2010 Lexus GX460 - Specs, Info, Pics & Video

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-09, 08:25 AM   #46
dbacf
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 48
Default

did they add remote start on this thing?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
dbacf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 10:19 AM   #47
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur
Trader Score: (0)
 
flipside909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: L(F)A, California
Posts: 19,133
KaizenFactor kaizenfactor kaizenfactor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessePS View Post
Whats the model code for this model? Seeing the 2009 model is BT20XA
Chassis code for the GX is: URJ150L
__________________
AMAZING IN MOTION

Toyota, Lexus, Scion Connoisseur
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 10:21 AM   #48
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur
Trader Score: (0)
 
flipside909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: L(F)A, California
Posts: 19,133
KaizenFactor kaizenfactor kaizenfactor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacf View Post
did they add remote start on this thing?
It is not listed in the preliminary specs, but being the Remote Start feature is a port installed or dealer installed option, it should be compatible like the RX and LX.
__________________
AMAZING IN MOTION

Toyota, Lexus, Scion Connoisseur
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 10:26 AM   #49
jjbenzo
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
jjbenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagemaster View Post
Pretty dull redesign IMO. The interior looks like a Lincoln to me and the exterior is just a complete mistake. The headlights and tail lights look poorly done.
I agree. Toyota/Lexus are really putting out horrible designs over the past 5 years or so. Before the "L-finesse" crap, Lexus had some very good looking cars/suv's.

The exterior of the new GX is awful. I was really hoping I would like either the new 4Runner or the GX..but both are a bust for me.

The SC is now officially the only current model in Lexus's lineup that I love. Lets hope they don't screw it up with it's replacement.
__________________
14 Maserati Quattroporte
13 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
11 Land Rover Range Rover
02 Lexus GS430
00 Lincoln LS
85 Toyota Celica Supra
jjbenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 10:43 AM   #50
TeCKis300
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: California
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgsvt View Post
It's still sad that a base v8 tundra running on regular unleaded has more hp than a 60K lexus with the same v8 running on premium. Isn't the tundra 4.6 subjected to SAE also. The LX570 has the same 5.7 v8 as the Tundra/Sequoia but the lexus does have more HP both SAE rated. Isn't this due to the LX570 being tuned to run premium gasoline. It may only be 2 hp, but it's not 9 hp less like the GX460 on PREMIUM GASOLINE. I'm not saying it's a real big deal, but if I were a lexus exec why would I let toyota have a perceived hp advantage running regular gas. Why not just put the toyota version of this engine in the GX and run it on regular (more hp, 10%+ less fuel cost). Hey it may only get 17 mpg, but it runs on regular. Also, this vehicle has not been refreshed for 7 years and this is it...
It does sound like you're making a big deal over 9 less hp.

But be confident that in reality, the the GX460 makes more power in the right places than the simple ratings indicate. In this case, it's all about low rpm torque and more overall power under the curve. And more MPG efficiency for the premium gas you're paying for. These are things that are not readily reflected in two simple numbers, but rest assured, that toyota knows very well what they are doing.

It's a balance in calibration and tradeoffs. But this application has to hold to different demands than the tundra. Lexus could could have easily slipped the tundra calibration into the GX, but instead took the time to make a tailored calibration.
__________________
'02 Black on Black Manual NAV LSD with full Supra Twin Turbo VVTi 6 speed v161 driveline
TTC BPU++ - EMU - CCW Classics 9F/10.5R - 255/35F - 265/35R - AAR Arms - GReddy Type-S - Hotchkis Sways - Teck Grounding Kit - Prolex / Cusco STB - Full ICE - HKS Drager - Prosport Prem Boost/EGT/FP - Innovative LC-1/XD-16 - Goodridge SS - PC925 - TRD F/R Underbrace - Greddy Profec B Spec II - GS430 Rear Upper Arms - Megan Toe Arms
Completely owner built and tuned.
TeCKis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 11:20 AM   #51
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur
Trader Score: (0)
 
flipside909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: L(F)A, California
Posts: 19,133
KaizenFactor kaizenfactor kaizenfactor
Default

Also the GX460 having a high compression motor, premium unleaded fuel is a must. If premium unleaded is steering your decision away from the GX, then it's not for you.
__________________
AMAZING IN MOTION

Toyota, Lexus, Scion Connoisseur
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 12:00 PM   #52
dbacf
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 48
Default

Lexus.om now has information up for the new GX. Complete pricing does not appear complete yet.
dbacf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 01:23 PM   #53
dgsvt
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgsvt View Post
It's still sad that a base v8 tundra running on regular unleaded has more hp than a 60K lexus with the same v8 running on premium. Isn't the tundra 4.6 subjected to SAE also. The LX570 has the same 5.7 v8 as the Tundra/Sequoia but the lexus does have more HP both SAE rated. Isn't this due to the LX570 being tuned to run premium gasoline. It may only be 2 hp, but it's not 9 hp less like the GX460 on PREMIUM GASOLINE. I'm not saying it's a real big deal, but if I were a lexus exec why would I let toyota have a perceived hp advantage running regular gas. Why not just put the toyota version of this engine in the GX and run it on regular (more hp, 10%+ less fuel cost). Hey it may only get 17 mpg, but it runs on regular. Also, this vehicle has not been refreshed for 7 years and this is it...

All this said, I'm still probably going to get one (I do like the interior). I'm just disappointed (engine, exterior, rear barn door)... I was hoping for so much more.
As I stated in my previous post... I am probably going to get one, but was hoping for more. Actually I wanted the 5.7 and the gas mileage that goes with that engine. I don't mind paying for premium fuel also. I'm one of those fools that can feel (perceived feeling) the engines running smoother on premium. 9 hp isn't a big deal and I like the extra 2 ft lb of torque. I also believe that the entire torque curve might be better where it counts most, but I am confused as to why the Toyota gets the bragging rights here over the Lexus. Both engines have a compression ratio of 10.2 to 1, but one uses regular and the other premium with the premium car getting 9 less hp. Maybe I am still hoping that it's a typo 310 not 301?.?. I know it's not a typo. I read someone elses post that mentioned the exhaust gas receirculation is only on the toyota engine and that might cause the difference. Either way my driving style probably wouldn't use the extra hp anyway. I don't think I've ever pushed the wifes RX over the 3500 rpm mark. I'm just questioning the rational that the lexus would have a lower advertised hp number with a comperable engine running premium gasoline. I guess it's like the 4.7 in the old tundra and the GX470. The GX470 has 263 on premium, but the tundra got 270.

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is weird, but I think the GX is the only vehicle in the Toyota/Lexus lineup of comparable engine/vehicle that has a lower advertised hp number than it's toyota counter part running on regular. I also think that if Lexus wanted the engine to make 310+ hp they could have and I'm not sure why they didn't.
dgsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 01:48 PM   #54
acribb
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacf View Post
Lexus.om now has information up for the new GX. Complete pricing does not appear complete yet.
The full MSRP 2010 Lexus GX 460 pricing has been out since at least 1pm eastern this afternoon:
http://www.lexus.com/models/GX/features/pricing.html

Base + Rear AC + HID + Wood steering/shifter + Comfort Plus + Conv. Pkg + ML/NAV = $59345

Prem + NAV/ML = $61,570

Wow.

It's hard to believe that these vehicles' prices increased by 10K. That is a LOT.

This price hike is quite disappointing.

At these prices, I may as well buy the Range Rover Sport.

I hope Lexus deals on these.
acribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 02:09 PM   #55
antonio98
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 449
Default

Thanks for the post acribb.

With those prices, they'll have to deal.
antonio98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 05:58 PM   #56
caha14
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
caha14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 956
Default

I am curious as to what the invoice/msrp spread will be... I think Lexus may be getting a bit overconfident here. I love all the features, but this thing simply does not look like a $60k+ vehicle, particularly with those recycled, plain, undersized 6-spokers. Time will tell! I'm holding out until at least '11 when the warranty on my '04 will expire.
__________________
2010 LX570 - Black Onyx/Cashmere (El Jefe)

2010 LS600hL - Starfire Pearl/Ivory-Black Two-Tone

Gone (but not forgotten) Lexi...
2008 LS460L
2007 GS350AWD
2004 GX470
caha14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 06:58 PM   #57
pagemaster
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MIchigan
Posts: 2,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgsvt View Post
As I stated in my previous post... I am probably going to get one, but was hoping for more. Actually I wanted the 5.7 and the gas mileage that goes with that engine. I don't mind paying for premium fuel also. I'm one of those fools that can feel (perceived feeling) the engines running smoother on premium. 9 hp isn't a big deal and I like the extra 2 ft lb of torque. I also believe that the entire torque curve might be better where it counts most, but I am confused as to why the Toyota gets the bragging rights here over the Lexus. Both engines have a compression ratio of 10.2 to 1, but one uses regular and the other premium with the premium car getting 9 less hp. Maybe I am still hoping that it's a typo 310 not 301?.?. I know it's not a typo. I read someone elses post that mentioned the exhaust gas receirculation is only on the toyota engine and that might cause the difference. Either way my driving style probably wouldn't use the extra hp anyway. I don't think I've ever pushed the wifes RX over the 3500 rpm mark. I'm just questioning the rational that the lexus would have a lower advertised hp number with a comperable engine running premium gasoline. I guess it's like the 4.7 in the old tundra and the GX470. The GX470 has 263 on premium, but the tundra got 270.

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is weird, but I think the GX is the only vehicle in the Toyota/Lexus lineup of comparable engine/vehicle that has a lower advertised hp number than it's toyota counter part running on regular. I also think that if Lexus wanted the engine to make 310+ hp they could have and I'm not sure why they didn't.
The 4.6 in the Tundra and 4.6 in the Lexus are tuned differently. The tundra makes its tq and power at 3400 and 5600rpm. The Lexus makes its peak at 3500 and 5500 rpm.

Toyota 4.7 has always made more hp than the Lexus counterparts. The Tundra was 271, Lexus LX 268, GX 263, 4runner 260.
pagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 07:06 PM   #58
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
(Cj)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: somewhere out there
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acribb View Post
Wow.

It's hard to believe that these vehicles' prices increased by 10K. That is a LOT.

This price hike is quite disappointing.

At these prices, I may as well buy the Range Rover Sport.

I hope Lexus deals on these.
Lexus isn't expecting to sell many of these anyway (only 14K a year) so don't expect them to deal too much. I've said this before, but I believe Lexus moved the GX upmarket to make room for a new 3 row crossover to slot below it. There is now a hefty $15K price gap between the RX and GX. A $45K crossover would fit nicely in that gap, and it would compete directly against the Acura MDX, Audi Q7, Mercedes GL and BMW X5.

My guess is that this new crossover would be a volume seller to somewhat take the place of the 1GX's slot in the lineup. As of now, I'm not sure if this new crossover would be a part of the RX "line" (ie RX-L) or the long rumored on again off again JX (which now more than ever would be the perfect time for the JX since the GS off which it is to be based is getting remodeled the end of next year), but Lexus's actions concerning the GX are quite telling.
(Cj) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 10:56 PM   #59
malmon
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 184
Default

Looks like the GX is not alone with the droopy eyes design.
Attached Images
    
__________________
2008 GX 470 Blizzard Pearl
malmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 10:59 PM   #60
malmon
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 184
Default

But somehow it looks uglier on the GX.
__________________
2008 GX 470 Blizzard Pearl
malmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 10:59 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2010, 2011, 450, 460, gx, gx460, gx470, lexus, pics, pictures, price, sale, specs, videos, youtube

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread rominl LS460, LS460L and LS600h 572 02-16-13 04:56 PM
2010 GX 460 - Here's the Beef! LeslieRC GX - Second Generation 2 11-23-09 05:44 PM
PR: Lexus Announces Prices for 2010 LS 460 and GS Models flipside909 LS460, LS460L and LS600h 6 10-11-09 06:08 PM
LA 2008: Lexus unveils the third generation RX350 and RX450h ultra63 RX - Third Generation 10 12-20-08 01:25 AM
GX470 won FourWheeler of the Year!! tigmd99 GX - First Generation 0 11-19-02 12:26 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:03 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info