Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2011 lexus gx interior!!!

Old 11-18-09, 09:23 AM   #106
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLexus301 View Post
I think the best thing about this is that it will drive down the resale on the current GX, making it easier to get one sooner

I know there are a lot of people who "forget" about the GX and others who don't like it but once you live with and drive one, I find it hard to argue that it isn't one of the finest SUVs on the planet. I had one for a month or so and found every excuse NOT to give it back. The GX has a trucky but luxurious charm inside and out and I am not sure how I feel about what we have seen so far.

The front end is a mess...headlights that bleed into the grille is a ridiculous idea, the shape is ugly and the placement is awkward. Three bars on the grille looks out of place and unfinished, especially for a Lexus.

I will wait to see official pictures of the interior but it looks like much of the dash and center console will be silver painted plastic, which I am almost never a fan of. Some of the shapes look a bit gimmicky as well.

I will wait to see what the final product is, but for now it seems like the GX has lost it's handsome charm in this redesign.
If my overall situation and vehicle needs happen to remain as they are today, I might end up giving the 2nd Gen a couple of years to drive down the prices of the 1st Gen ('03-'09) and then pick up another pristine late-model 1st Gen with the intention of keeping it a long, long time. I love the 1st Gen for what I do with it -- I've just never been in a truck/SUV that I like better, frankly, and that includes the other Lexus offerings as well as BMW's, Porsches, MB's, Infinities, and all the lesser makes such as Ford and Government Motors models I've driven. That's quite a statement, but the GX just suits my needs and preferences very well.

All that said, if the new one FEELS even better somehow, I may learn to live with the looks after a while.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
2007 Audi A3 - 2003 LS430 - 2001 BMW M3 - 2001 M-B CLK430 (<- all sold)

Last edited by I6turbo; 11-18-09 at 09:33 AM..
I6turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-09, 03:53 PM   #107
shenard
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Here are the full pictures finally!

http://www.insideline.com/lexus/gx-4...rst-drive.html
shenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 10:40 AM   #108
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

LOL I can't think of anything but Milton when I see that gawdawful front end. If that's what it took to get HID lights, they should have gone another route for lighting.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-09, 03:42 PM   #109
jimmyford1
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLexus301 View Post
I think the best thing about this is that it will drive down the resale on the current GX, making it easier to get one sooner
Why do you think the 2010 GX will hold down prices on previous GX models? I think the significantly higher price of the new GX could actually increase the value of previous models. If the buying public doesn't like the 2010 it will put even more upward pressure on previous GX's. Time will tell.
jimmyford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 04:09 AM   #110
dbacf
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyford1 View Post
Why do you think the 2010 GX will hold down prices on previous GX models? I think the significantly higher price of the new GX could actually increase the value of previous models. If the buying public doesn't like the 2010 it will put even more upward pressure on previous GX's. Time will tell.
It does not appear any of these high priced SUV's are selling right now, stopped by dealer yesterday and they had 7 GX's on the lot and they were definetly looking to deal.
dbacf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 05:46 AM   #111
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyford1 View Post
IMO, most people who buy new GXs won't buy a used older version once the new one comes out. They'll buy the new GX, or they'll buy something else new. Also, from what I've seen over the years, a higher priced new generation vehicle doesn't really prop up the prices of the older one. Instead, when the new ones start selling (and they will sell) there will be a number of people with the old version who trade them in, and the sudden increased supply of old version vehicles on the market can do nothing but drive the prices down. I've seen it work this way for 30+ years, one of the most recent examples being the LS430-LS460 generation change.
Old 11-30-09, 05:46 AM

Tags
2010, 2011, 470, gx, gx470, leather, lexus, lr4, model, perforated, photoshop, road, rx350, test, tutorial