GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2011 lexus gx interior!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-09, 11:54 AM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly I like the RX and LX redesign compared to this GX redesign.

Honestly its just the headlights that are hideous!

All we can do is hope and pray that the pictures above are fake.
Old 10-30-09, 12:13 PM
gsobol
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS

You know, I thought the same thing at first. Now, it's starting to grow on me .... very slowly. I think, maybe we should reserve the final judgment once we are able to see it in person. On the other hand, when I saw the interior one thing came to mind - Lincoln MKX.
Old 10-30-09, 12:41 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JessePS

All we can do is hope and pray that the pictures above are fake.
Totally agreed! The projectors look like crab eyes ready to fall off its face.
Old 11-08-09, 05:40 AM
AndreyRU
Driver School Candidate

rear door GX

Old 11-09-09, 12:37 PM
nativeson
Driver School Candidate

Default It must be me

My first love will always be autos, but the last few years have been very trying. I haven't been able to find a single car, suv, or truck coming to market that I could really get excited about. the 4.5 liter diesels seemed almost too good to be true until they finally weren't. the 335d did the trick for a while, but like boats, there always seemed to be a tradeoff. one way or another, every car I was interested in fell by the wayside to another that could hold my attention for a week or two. the lc200 was one of them for a while, but gas consumption and its size bothered me. A week later, my cousin and I towed a 20 foot trailer filled with atvs up a rocky trail outside durango, colorado in his 2004 4runner limited. from there on out, I was sold. its how I came across the new GX.

for some reason, my unrest all changed with this suv. it seems like the best all around mix of what I'm looking for. can go offroad, can tow my flats skiff, luxurious interior, hopefully I can mount a dirtbike carrier to the tow hitch, maybe an ARB safari tent?, and its toyota truck tough. I honestly can't see a downside. in many ways, I see this as the last of the great toyota-lexus suv's. from here on out, i suspect they'll be unibody because of gas mileage. 'the times are a changing' when even the explorer is going unibody. if the actual car is anywhere close to my imagination, my grandchildren are going to have to bury me in it.

It shocks me to read all of your negative criticism. honestly, the HID's would look great if they were inboard, next to the grill (where they are conventionally). it might look a little more bland, but who cares? its meant as a people hauler/weekend warrior. as far as the rear goes, I cannot understand your criticism there. It also surprises me to read what proponents of the land rover interiors you guys are. essentially, they haven't changed in years.

I can't wait for this suv. however, if your comments are indicative of the whole population, I suspect I'm the only one.
Old 11-09-09, 03:46 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The negative comments about the re-design only reflect those making the comments. I'm sure there are some who agree and some who disagree.

I, like many, will make my determination once I see the finished product.
Old 11-10-09, 05:21 AM
shenard
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AndreyRU
rear door GX

Are the 3rd row seats going to be power folding like the LX or manual like the 4runner?
Old 11-10-09, 06:04 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Yes, the 3rd row seats will be power folding.
Old 11-17-09, 08:14 AM
sprale
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm liking the first generation GX more now that these photos have been out a while. I really like the Prado, though, too bad I can't get one here in the States...
Old 11-17-09, 07:34 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I-drive???

Originally Posted by pagemaster

1. Why no iDrive control like the RX/HS? I know most top end SUV have not yet gone to this but Lexus, just for once you can lead the segment and come out with something before the competiton....you dropped the ball on the LS in 2007 by not offering a joy stick and now the Audi, Merc, BMW have one...Lexus you could lead the pack for just once...
The only ones with "I-drive" are the Germans and their vehicles are not exactly well known for reliability or good ergonomics. Also, the I-drives have not exactly had big critical acclaim by the media or owners.

How is a stick that you toggle around and do several steps to do something as simple as touch a screen easier?

I think that touch screen is the best and easiest to navigate. If the screen is too far from the driver to have touchscreen (like the new RX) then a joystick/mouse would have to do, but if your arm is within reach of the screen, why not touchscreen?
Old 11-17-09, 08:22 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

^^ I would think they design the placement of the screen first. Clearly they chose against putting it further back, in favor of the touch screen.
Old 11-18-09, 05:18 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would love to get a "stretch" RX with a 3rd row (or just a regular RX with a 3rd row, doesn't have to have massive leg room) but with three kids and having to bring the grandparents around with us some times, the GX is only route we have at this point and current GX is just not too functional IMHO with the 3rd row just flip up. Takes up too much space that could be used for stowage.

I guess we could always downgrade to a Pilot or Highlander, but my wife has been spoiled by Lexus...
Old 11-18-09, 06:43 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

The 2010 GX will have the fold flat third row.
Old 11-18-09, 07:46 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
..with three kids and having to bring the grandparents around with us some times, the GX is ... just not too functional...
Wife's parents? Why don't you just put them on one of those platforms that plug into the trailer hitch?

Old 11-18-09, 07:53 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the best thing about this is that it will drive down the resale on the current GX, making it easier to get one sooner

I know there are a lot of people who "forget" about the GX and others who don't like it but once you live with and drive one, I find it hard to argue that it isn't one of the finest SUVs on the planet. I had one for a month or so and found every excuse NOT to give it back. The GX has a trucky but luxurious charm inside and out and I am not sure how I feel about what we have seen so far.

The front end is a mess...headlights that bleed into the grille is a ridiculous idea, the shape is ugly and the placement is awkward. Three bars on the grille looks out of place and unfinished, especially for a Lexus.

I will wait to see official pictures of the interior but it looks like much of the dash and center console will be silver painted plastic, which I am almost never a fan of. Some of the shapes look a bit gimmicky as well.

I will wait to see what the final product is, but for now it seems like the GX has lost it's handsome charm in this redesign.

Quick Reply: 2011 lexus gx interior!!!