GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2011 lexus gx interior!!!

Old 10-17-09, 02:15 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GrdnRxR
my thoughts exactly
Hey GrdnRxR, where did you find that gorgeous corporate lease vehicle??
Old 10-17-09, 02:18 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice pics...

The new GX interior fits pretty much in between the LX and RX, sort of a mini-LX. It has a bit more of a squared-off look than the other two, but is more differentiated as a Lexus with the 2nd gen.
Old 10-17-09, 02:32 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tromly
Hey GrdnRxR, where did you find that gorgeous corporate lease vehicle??
At the lexus corporate used car center....

Ok just kidding.

The local Toyota store had it, they got it from Lexus. It's actually the 2nd corporate Lexus car I've had. My 06 GX was one too.

The white with the black interior looks really good...
Old 10-17-09, 03:48 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
i agree that this is a step up, but the LX has a very gorgeous interior, as it should for its price. looks like there is some sort of remote controller in the cup holder, wonder if it will have the RX styled dual screen RSES

the weird part above looks like an empty space which should house a cassette tape

also interesting that the GX no longer has the hand brake to the side, but is now a foot pedal...where the prado still uses the traditional location.
thats going to be storage place, in mid level Prado, there are radio controls there .

Nicer prados get nice interior too... in fact, looking at high res pics, Prado interior looks higher quality than LC200's.
Old 10-17-09, 04:43 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

the prado has double stitched leather. It isnt right that the RX doesnt get it...
Old 10-17-09, 09:10 PM
LexFather

Thanks for the pic find!

Looks like a good evolution of the GX. I like the first gen interior a lot but glad the Prado and GX will have a differentiated interior.

Old 10-17-09, 11:26 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HUGE let down...what a disaster....This is what the Lexus designers come up with?

1. Why no iDrive control like the RX/HS? I know most top end SUV have not yet gone to this but Lexus, just for once you can lead the segment and come out with something before the competiton....you dropped the ball on the LS in 2007 by not offering a joy stick and now the Audi, Merc, BMW have one...Lexus you could lead the pack for just once

Lexus, with the RX..you got it right. You made it interesting, stylish and up to date with the control mouse....the same can't be said for the GX

2. What is with tacky add ons to the passenger side dash. What is with the overlaps of the panels on the top of the dash and down the side of the centre stack?

Even the 4runner's fit and finish looks better.

3. Pretty busy centre console with all the buttons..all of those buttons could of been intergrated into the nav unit like the LR4 Land Rover.

4. What is with the giant out of proportion radio *****? Why are they so low on the stack? This is not a Tundra. Check 4runner's size *****..much better.

Big thumbs down from me

The recent release Toyota 4runner got GLOWING reviews...I repeat GLOWING reviews when release.....I haven't seen reviews like that about a Toyota in a long while....this GX redesigned interior flat out SUCKS....

Last edited by pagemaster; 10-17-09 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-17-09, 11:44 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

...i counted, the 4 runner has more buttons than the GX
Old 10-17-09, 11:48 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A lot of people like Remote Touch, myself included, but the GX is not the place for a joystick at this point. The GX is a mini-LX; both body-on-frame SUVs have upright dashes and touchscreens. Remote Touch isn't needed here, IMO.

Originally Posted by RXSF
...i counted, the 4 runner has more buttons than the GX
Exactly! The GX center stack is very simple, with 2 rows, 8 buttons up top; a lower row with 3 buttons/**** on side.

And, the ***** are not high up on the LX, nor on the LS either:

Overall, I think this interior pic shows an LX-style treatment applied to the Prado interior, with additional individualistic flares (like the center silver wrapped with the leather carapace). It does not break much new ground for the GX, but does upgrade things nicely.
Old 10-17-09, 11:59 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Comparison:

New Prado:

New 2011 GX:

The Prado looks like a much better inteior IMO. The centre stack looks much more interesting with the pillars running up/down through the radio or HVAC. Also, the fit and finish looks better.

And comparing the passenger side dash...the Prado wins hands down..The GX looks like it was tacked on at the last minute.
Old 10-18-09, 12:02 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by encore888
but the GX is not the place for a joystick at this point. .
This is the chance for Lexus to take a chance and lead the others in this.

The GX is a mini-LX; both body-on-frame SUVs have upright dashes and touchscreens. Remote Touch isn't needed here, IMO.
Even more of a reason to have it. I say Lexus goes all out and does both touch screen like they have now and joystick...give the driver the choice. That would perfect for a car like the LS, GX and LS.
Old 10-18-09, 05:27 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Why are people saying 2011? I thought the new GX would be out in Dec/Jan, which would make it a 2010 model. Only if the intro slipped to April or so would they be able legally to call it a 2011.
Old 10-18-09, 07:42 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by syswei
Why are people saying 2011? I thought the new GX would be out in Dec/Jan, which would make it a 2010 model. Only if the intro slipped to April or so would they be able legally to call it a 2011.
Yes, I was wondering about that also.

There's been a lot of speculation that the new GX would be at dealerships in December, but if that were the case, I'd think we would have at least seen a glimpse of the finished product by now.
Old 10-18-09, 11:21 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by syswei
2010 or 2011, not a big deal what model year it is. It all depends on when it is available at dealers. Regardless, we should get to see the full vehicle soon.
Old 10-18-09, 01:51 PM
LexFather

I'll wait for more pics.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 lexus gx interior!!!