Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2010 Gx460

Old 12-08-09, 08:47 AM   #106
cmarshack
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidaro View Post
^^not a sexual reference. Intended in the sense of aloof/fruity excessively happy

How bout if you have 50k to buy a 4x4 and want sexy bling inappropriate rims then you must have $ to spend on them. I would hate to see Lexus take a very capable but luxurious rig and put items on it that actually hinder its capabilities as they are intended.

anyhow- its just a peeve of mine. I think all cars should have spinners- there cool, do whatever you want to your toys
Click the image to open in full size.Well said.

You are right...and even if it came with 20"s I would change them for something more personal anyway. I like my sexy inappropriate wheels just as much as my 17's...they are just for different occasions...

PS...sorry for the tangent...now let's get back "on topic"

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

22" Boss 313 Black Chrome
305-40-22 Hankook Ventus RH-06
6000K XD Xenon
Prado LED Tail Lights
Drilled & Slotted Rotors w/GreenStuff Ultimate
Custom Magnaflow Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
-------------SOLD--------------

Last edited by cmarshack; 12-08-09 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: Off Topic
cmarshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 11:35 AM   #107
zidaro
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexusAnja View Post
I agree with the 18" wheels. You need to provide the BEST capability/ability of the vehicle leaving the showroom. The aftermarket modders will not be happy with any factory rims anyway, so they'll go out and get new sets anyway. I think the 18" are fine.

Again, general populance, not forum rats, are going to enjoy the 18" more than having 20" which result in a more harsh ride. Lexus is all about smooth... smooth baby. I say put 16" back in there.
Nailed it!!!!!

Man, i cant wait to buy our GX. The suspense is killing me. Toyota's are sweet, but its time to spoil ourselves.
zidaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 01:07 AM   #108
Capirato
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to Capirato
Default Trailer Hitch

GX 460 OEM Trailer Hitch

~ Cap
Attached Images

'06 MINI S | Pepper White
Capirato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 05:00 AM   #109
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Is it just me or is the fit and finsh not very "Lexus like" in the corner??
Attached Images

2004 GX 470 Blizzard Pearl - Sold
CdeFabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 08:02 AM   #110
Da Hapa
Pole Position

We just came back from the LA Auto Show where we spent a lot of time crawling around inside the new GX. Our 2006 LX is coming off lease in a few months and the new GX is a potential replacement.

My thoughts (without driving one) - it's a substantial improvement over the last GX.
Pros -
The interior is worlds better. From features, to layout, to tactile feel (great seats, IMO)... there's no comparison.
Love the styling in person. Wasn't sold in pictures but I really like it in person.
Still great visibility.
Great features.
On paper, this is a great power train. A lot more torque (which IMO is much more important in this kind of vehicle) than an MDX, for example, with the same mileage. And an 8 is almost certainly going to be smoother and more viscerally pleasing than a 6 is... even a good one.

Con's -
While I love the idea of the power, folding 3rd row that folds flat, the load floor is now way, way, way too high. I'd imagine that this will be a problem for a lot of folks with kids that lift strollers, etc. For us, it's a problem because the load floor is now too high for the dog to safely jump in and out of and now we'd need a ramp.
The rear window is a great idea... but again the execution sucks. Since the bottom of the window is so high for most people under 5'10".. the window is basically a useless feature. And even if you can load stuff that way without soiling your clothes, you'd have to be a giant to reach over and touch the bottom of the load floor.
Price... like the new LX... these sum*****es aren't going to be cheap.
1997 Lexus LS400 "Coach" Edition- the Angel game car
2006 Lexus LX 470 & 1998 Acura NSX - gone, but not forgotten.
Da Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 10:27 AM   #111
dbacf
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hapa View Post
We just came back from the LA Auto Show where we spent a lot of time crawling around inside the new GX. Our 2006 LX is coming off lease in a few months and the new GX is a potential replacement.

My thoughts (without driving one) - it's a substantial improvement over the last GX.
Pros -
The interior is worlds better. From features, to layout, to tactile feel (great seats, IMO)... there's no comparison.
Love the styling in person. Wasn't sold in pictures but I really like it in person.
Still great visibility.
Great features.
On paper, this is a great power train. A lot more torque (which IMO is much more important in this kind of vehicle) than an MDX, for example, with the same mileage. And an 8 is almost certainly going to be smoother and more viscerally pleasing than a 6 is... even a good one.

Con's -
While I love the idea of the power, folding 3rd row that folds flat, the load floor is now way, way, way too high. I'd imagine that this will be a problem for a lot of folks with kids that lift strollers, etc. For us, it's a problem because the load floor is now too high for the dog to safely jump in and out of and now we'd need a ramp.
The rear window is a great idea... but again the execution sucks. Since the bottom of the window is so high for most people under 5'10".. the window is basically a useless feature. And even if you can load stuff that way without soiling your clothes, you'd have to be a giant to reach over and touch the bottom of the load floor.
Price... like the new LX... these sum*****es aren't going to be cheap.

Thanks for your feedback, I have been waiting to see one myself when they hit the dealers, but you have confirmed my fears with the height of the floor and the useless lift glass. How did the fit and finish of the vehicle appear?
dbacf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 11:46 AM   #112
jrbyrn
Driver School Candidate

without seeing the GX460 in person , I'm afraid the load height and limited cargo space will be a deal breaker for me.
I'll consider keeping my '07 and will look at the Landrover LR4 closely
jrbyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 01:17 PM   #113
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacf View Post
Thanks for your feedback, I have been waiting to see one myself when they hit the dealers, but you have confirmed my fears with the height of the floor and the useless lift glass. How did the fit and finish of the vehicle appear?
Fit and finish looked great. Clearly a proper Lexus.
Old 12-11-09, 01:19 PM   #114
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbyrn View Post
without seeing the GX460 in person , I'm afraid the load height and limited cargo space will be a deal breaker for me.
I'll consider keeping my '07 and will look at the Landrover LR4 closely
I know I'm not strictly comparing apples to apples here but there is a huge discrepancy in cargo space between our 06 LX470 and the new GX... even if the third row seats are left in our LX and folded up. In fact, and someone could check this to see if it's true, the Lexus representative on sight said the GX now has less cargo space behind the front row seats than the new RX does. That seems a little disconnected to me.

I honestly wonder if Lexus didn't make a mistake here by not making the third row optional for people that don't want that high load floor and limited cargo capacity.

But don't get me wrong... lovely vehicle that will work for a lot of people... just not us.
Old 12-11-09, 01:44 PM   #115
Capirato
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to Capirato

Pricing and Options

http://www.lexus.com/models/GX/features/pricing.html

~ Cap
'06 MINI S | Pepper White
Capirato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 01:44 PM

Tags
2010, 2010gx, 460, 4runner, change, debut, gx, gx460, lexis, lexus, model, picture, redesign, reviews, row, seat